Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » A Day to Remember [1x1 w/JollyRanchers123]

"'The government has crashed throughout the world, a new government shall be rebuilt. One where all men are truly created equal, no matter the age. One where nobody shall starve or be poor. A government system where the people shall truly live.'"

"That was the broadcast from before the first night, when everybody truly believed all the crap they said. They rebuilt the government from their beliefs, ordering all children to chose between the government and death once they reached sixteen Then it changed a bit. Five brave people stepped up and said they would each run their own area of the government to their beliefs. That's how the factions started. Archek for the brave, Junikis for the intelligent, Reyfet for the selfless, Poliyus for the peaceful, Oytus for the honest. Once you reach the age of sixteen, you must choose one. Faction over Family."

A teacher stood at the front of a classroom full of kids, each wearing different colors. Black, red, blue, yellow, and grey. She had just finished the lecture that came at the beginning of each school day, the story of how the factions started. The teacher looked down the rows of students to see a young girl in grey clothes sleeping in the back, her dirty honey-blond hair hanging over her face.

The teacher walked down the aisle, all the other kids turning to see who was asleep this time. She reached the girls desk and slammed her hand down on the top of it, immediately waking the girl up. "The answer is 22." The girl said, looking up with a blank stare at the teacher. "Elizabeth, get out." The teacher said, pointing at the door. Liz winced at her full name and got up, walking out of the classroom. "I can't even be mindful of the others in the classroom, so how will I stay in Reyfet?" She asked herself, heading towards the front doors of the school.
Derik stumbled through the front doors of the school dropping his papers over the ground. A group of Archek rally behind him laughing. "C'mon Reyfet!" One of them hollers laughing. "Are you gonna tie my shoes for me?" The same one says kicking at Derik, who is sprawled on the ground. He clenches fist and stands up slowly.

"Back off." He growls in a low voice. The group makes a mocking 'Ooh' sound and bursts into laughter. "What, are you going to ask me to 'stand at a respectable distance' you piece of selfless junk." The eldest of the group speaks now coming up from behind the group of five.

"No, Im going to ask you to back away, and no one gets hurt." Derik grins slyly as he stands up and faces them. "You're going to regret ever making me mad." He states factually. Almost as if he's Junikis.

They just laugh and the former speaker takes a swing toward Derik. He ducks and brings his right knee into the boy's gut knocking the wind out of him. He then pushes him back into the group. "Come on guys," says the boy clutching his stomach. "He's not worth our time." The group glares at Derik as they slowly walk away cautiously.

Derik bends down and gathers up his papers and bumps into Elizabeth. "My pardon." He speaks shyly.
Elizabeth Monroe (played by Zephyrezz) Topic Starter

Liz was so absorbed in her own thoughts that she had hardly noticed the fight or the boy. "Sorry." She said, bending down to help him pick up his papers. She handed them to him once she had picked up most of them, straightening up and looking at the Archek out the side window. They were running alongside a train, just as they always did to get from one place to another, hopping in once they reached a car.

"Archek can be pretty mean, but they are also pretty cool." She said, unaware that she had actually said it out loud.
Derik received his papers and stuffed them into his backpack. "I guess there okay." He says shrugging, not wanting to reveal his absolute craving for being Archek. Swinging his backpack over his shoulder he smiles at the girl. "Thanks." He shakes his head. "I mean thank you." He says clearing his throat. Glancing back toward the window he admires the Archek running along the train.

"Quite rambunctious." Says the principal stepping out of a room nearby. "What was that all about?" He asks sternly, looking at Elizabeth.

Liz nodded at Derik, having accidently read his name on one of the papers. "No problamo." She said, not bothering to hide her bad grammar. She watched all the Archek get on the train, watching the way their muscles bunched when they jumped.

Liz's concentration was broken when the principal stepped out of a nearby room, immediately accusing Liz of starting the fight. She sighed and stuck her hands up in surrender, putting them behind her head. "Wasn't me this time." She added, a smile on her lips. "I was just doing my faction's duty of helping him," She pointed at Derik "Pick up his papers."
Without lifting his eyes from Elizabeth he speaks to Derik. "Is this true Mr. Hope?" Gulping Derik nods his head slowly. "Why did you resort to violence instead of offering selfless support? Or even asking why they were needing to fulfill there lust for action with you?" The principal spits his words out as he walks toward his student. "Your a Reyfet, start acting like it." He tips his hat toward Elizabeth and walks away. He rests his hand on Derik's shoulder. "I expected more from you boy." Then he walks off.

Rolling her eyes, Liz turned to Derik. "By the way, My name is Elizabeth. But most people call me Liz." She said, sticking her hand out for him to shake. "So, why are you so late to school?" She asked, curiosity getting the best of her.
He stares at his shoes, then is snapped back to reality as she speaks. "Oh, I'm Derik. Most people just call me, Derik." Still looking down at his shoes he takes Liz's hand. "Well, I was, uh." He rubs the bak of his neck with his palm. He begins to sweat. "Long story." He ends up saying, his voice cracking. He sighs face-palming. "That was a horrible lie."

Liz laughed, punching Derik in the shoulder. "We are defiantly not Reyfet." She pushed her backpack further up on her shoulder, looking at the Archek boarding the train again. "Can you believe choosing day is only two days away?" She asked, more to herself then to Derik.
"Hey!" Derik laughs giving her a playful glare. "I guess not." He smiles. He chuckles to himself, realizing that this was his first ACTUAl human interaction in quite a while. "Yeah, I know. It's hard to know whether you are going to pick you born-in faction, or Archek." He gasps and covers his mouth. "I-I mean whether or not you'll pick your faction, o-or another faction." He speaks his voice embarrassed.

Liz smiled at his embarrassment, scratching the back of her head. "I know what you mean. The choice to stay with your family or have a new life for yourself." Liz mumbled, forgetting for a moment that Derik was there. Once she was back in their world, she looked at Derik meaningfully. "Let's ditch this place." She simply said, heading towards the school doors again.
"That's not really the Reytek thing to do. 'Fulfilling our own needs, before fulfilling our duty to help'." He says mimicking the principal's voice. "So yeah." Chuckling he eagerly steps toward the two doors and pushes them open, taking in the lemony air. "One good thing about being in Reytek, is everything smells like lemon." Derik exclaims smiling at Liz.

Derik always thought about leaving his home faction, to get away from his family. But in two days, is life-long dream will finally come true.

Liz laughed when he mimicked the principals voice, sounding almost exactly like him. She followed behind him into the courtyard, sniffing the lemony air. "I won't miss the lemons, reminds me too much of my parents." Liz mumbled, jumping on the concrete railing that stood beside the steps. She walked down the railing without sticking her arms out, perfectly balanced atop of it.

"Think you can do that, stiff?" Liz asked, mimicking the voice of one of the Archeks from earlier. She also used one of the common nicknames for the Reytek's, one that everybody hated but were too nice to admit.
He snickers. "You dare challenge my pristine ability of balance!" He shouts joyously, pretending to trip over nothing and fall flat into the concrete. He jumps up quickly and runs to the concrete barrier and hoists himself up into it. Sticking his arms off he mimics Liz walking at the same time with the same legs. When she breathed, he breathed. "I think I got the hang of it." He grins walking up quickly behind her nearly stepping on her heels.

"So where to?" He asks plopping himself off the concrete railing landing smoothly on the ground below. He walks just a bit more and stops, awaiting her answer.
(Hello?)

(Sorry I've been grounded. Just give me a little bit b'cuz I'm at my grandparents house.)

Liz continued all the way to the bottom of the steps, sitting down at the end. She watched Derik jump down and walk a little bit more, smiling. Liz knew he could do it, she just wanted him to try it anyways.

Thinking about the question, she bit her lip in thought. "Where do you want to go?" She asked, trying to stall while she thought of an answer.
Derik just raised his hands and shrugged. "Any place other than here." While dazing off he catches a glimpse of the oncoming Archek train, and grins. "Talk about timing." He mumbles to himself making a slow advance on the train tracks gesturing to Liz. He bows, one arm bent over his chest and the other spinning his hand in a gentle motion. "M'lady. If you would so kindly sprint in this direction we could head off into who knows where." He smiles glancing up at her.

Liz smiled and jumped down from the railing, her feet hitting the ground with hardly a thud. She straightened and curtsied to Derik, making her voice british-ish. "I would gladly." She laughed, taking off at an easy run. Once she was alongside an open car, she grabbed hold of the handle and swung herself in like she had done this her whole life. "Come on!" She called to Derik, leaning out the car to help him if he needed it.
He grinned and started quickly toward the train of carts. With extreme endurance he manages to execute a perfect landing into the cart behind Elizabeth without using the handlebars. Jittering with excitement, and self-pride, he barges through the door deprecating the two carts. With a large, sly grin on his face he sighs in staccato style breathes. "I've always wanted to try that." He exclaims, buzzing with the dealing if major self-accomplishment.

Without hesitation he pulls himself outside of the cart, hanging on only to the handlebars and standing by the edge. He lustfully takes in the cotton air and warm breeze as they pass by the faction farmhouses. Swinging his body back into the cart against the raging winds is a bit more difficult. Barely managing, he pushes himself forward and into the cart with one low grunt. He stands triumphant and poised. "Two days and I'll be able to this everyday." He speaks as if no one is around.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » A Day to Remember [1x1 w/JollyRanchers123]

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus