Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » A Day to Remember [1x1 w/JollyRanchers123]

Elizabeth Monroe (played by Zephyrezz) Topic Starter

Liz laughed at how proud Derik was, his happiness infectious. "Well, that was the easiest part." She rolled her eyes, holding onto the cart with only one hand. The other she used to shield her eyes from the glaring sun, the faction farmhouses speeding past. "Only two days, and we're already doing crazy stunts like them." She mumbled to herself, wondering how her parents would react if they found out she jumped on an Archek train to who knows where.

"So where is this train headed? I do have to be back before dinner." She joked, watching the city get farther and farther away. It looked like they were headed towards the Poliyus orchards, which meant they were pretty far from Reyfet.
Derik just sighed and chuckled. "Dinner isn't much of a dinner. A piece of stale bread and some plain chicken." Pondering into the steel train ceiling, he smiled. "But in Archek it's soda and cake." Turning his head toward Elizabeth his ears perk at her question. Shrugging he slowly strides over to her side admiring her posture discretely.

"I think its next main stop is the Junikis Headquarters. I figured we could scout it out, see what its like." Mesmerized at the never-ending fields of greenhouses his gaze stops short and is replaces with unnerving curiosity. His sharp green eyes lie on the heavily guarded gate that separates them, from whatever is outside.

"Ever wondered?" He asks nodding at the gate, and whatever lies outside.

"Yeah, I have wondered. Maybe they have nuclear testing facilities out there." Liz laughed, her hair blowing behind her in the wind. The sun had started to set and the warm glow settled over her, some of the light glinting off something metal beneath her sleeves. Liz just stood there and let the sun bath her in it's warm light, unaware she was "glinting".

Nodding to his second statement, she settled down on the edge of the floor with her legs hanging over the edge. It was usually forbidden to go to another faction, but she wanted to see how different the Junikis were compared to Reyfet.
The light reflecting off of the metallic surface under Elizabeth's sleeve caught his eye. He attempted diverting his eyes, but failed miserably, and just resulted in him staring. Curiosity quickly overwhelmed him, and he questioned. "What's the metal?" Gesturing toward the concealed metal object.
He only half expected an answer from this stranger he had met only an hour or two ago. But nonetheless he wanted to know what the concealed object was.

A bit surprised by the sudden question, she looked down at her sleeve and tugged it over her hand. "You know how I live with my aunt instead of with my family?" She asked, not pausing to wait for an answer. "Well I was in the same explosion that they died in, except I was at the edge of it. My parents told me to run ahead when thy heard the bombers engines, but they didn't make it far enough. That's how I lived, but I lost part of me." As she finished the story she lifted up her right pants leg and the cuff to her right sleeve. Underneath both were shiny new mechanical limbs, just a little bit scratched up. "I have to get a new one every year, that's why I miss a week of school every year."
Nodding thoughtfully, Derik gave a empathetic nod. "This may be slightly random," he spoke unnerved, "but I've never quite trusted this government. I know what they do to those that question them, and how we aren't supposed to talk about it. But something just always seems, off." Shrugging off as just a minor concern, he hesitated to show her his own scars and manufactured limbs. Tugging on his collar to conceal a large scar stretches from his chest to just under his ear. No one took much notice to Derik, so no one knew much about him. Not many knew his bloodline had been murdered, and only he and his older brother had survived. His only family left, his brother, had always wanted to be Junikis, but stayed behind as Reyfet to protect his brother. That was true love.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » A Day to Remember [1x1 w/JollyRanchers123]

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus