Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » A new Accolade? (WILL NOT ADD)

I was not originally going to post this, but it's beyond living rent free in my brain and has basically taken up the whole city at this point.

Also, apologies for any typos or grammatical errors as I am stuck using my phone and I use speech to text. And I get really aggravated always fixing all the mistakes it makes because apparently can't understand me.

What if there was an accolade that a person could get for when a suggestion was implemented?

I'm not wanting to sound pretentious, but the idea came when I realized that one of the suggestions I had put forward was recently implemented to a degree. And I know other people in the past have made suggestions that were implemented as well.

Whether it's something that is posted publicly for all to see and vote on, or maybe something that was suggested to Kim privately, if she allows that lol.

If multiple people made the suggestion, say somebody didn't look back far enough in the history to see that somebody already made the same one or something similar, and if the individuals that suggested the same thing do it in a big enough space apart - then both users can get the accolade.

People who agree with the implementation of a suggestion in a posted topic would not get an accolade because they were not the original person to suggested if that makes sense.

Also with a few rules or whatever? Like not spamming suggestions just to get accolades. I know it seems silly for there to be rules of accolades but, I guess my thought comes from other websites in the past where certain things were implemented and then people started spamming LOL just to get some title or something associated with themselves.

The accolade itself could maybe be a light bulb? Since I know current accolades either have different colors, different sizes, or different shapes- perhaps the light bulbs could be the same. Different sizes of light bulbs different colors of light bulbs and different shapes of light bulbs. Or we could just go with a basic Edison Light Bulb and give it different colors. Or maybe different luminosities. Or both! Or all of the above!!

I'm not actually sure, as I've not really looked too much into it, what currently determines some accolades and how they appear in your profile, if some of them are random or if Kim has some guidelines she follows.

Apologies for this post being wordy. I ramble naturally as is, but when I have an idea I kind of word vomit even more.
Anyway, that's my suggestion. I figured maybe it might be something else people might enjoy as a decorative thing on their profile.

Of course if it was possible, any past suggestions that have already been implemented since before the new Accolade existed can maybe retroactively be rewarded but have some sort of special Accolade badge that can't be obtained from anything forward if that makes sense? So like a grandfather Accolade badge type thing, similar to a grandfather clause. Maybe that one can be the Edison bulb LOL. Or a special kind of medicine bulb I don't know.

I'm going to stop wording now.
Kim Site Admin

Since sometimes dozens of people can request something, and it might be months or years until I am actually able to implement the thing, and also since many times the thing that was suggested was already on my list -- I am going to leave it as getting the thing you wanted added to the site as the reward/celebration. :)
Auron Topic Starter

Kim wrote:
Since sometimes dozens of people can request something, and it might be months or years until I am actually able to implement the thing, and also since many times the thing that was suggested was already on my list -- I am going to leave it as getting the thing you wanted added to the site as the reward/celebration. :)

I mean that works! I just thought it was a fun idea so no hard feelings.

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » A new Accolade? (WILL NOT ADD)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus