Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Trick or Treat: A monster among 'monsters'

Darius (played by DevilWithin)

Every October 31 was the same in every town he visited. These pathetic humans would indulge in these festivities where they'd dress up, or better yet, disguise themselves as some sort of imaginary monster or creature to play what they called Thrick or Treat. Many kids would go out at night, knocking on doors, asking for treats, or playing tricks if they didn't get their treats. Nice. This night was no different, and for Darius, it was just the perfect opportunity to blend in and eventually grab a treat for himself, the real monster. Because, you see, what most of these people don't realize is that most of the disguises they were wearing now were very real. These monsters they were portraying existed, and they weren't nearly as much fun as they might think. At least not to them. For Darius and others like him, though, it was another story, and not one to go to bed with, unless you wanted to have nightmares all night long. The jerk over here wouldn't mind giving you the scare of your life. After all, someone has to bring the real fun to town and make this Trick or Treat thing a memorable date, something to be remembered for centuries and written about in the history books. Not tonight, thought, this was boring enough as it was, so he goes back home and prays, as if vampires do such a thing as praying... Who would it be? The devil? The god of vampires... Yes, he won't do that... But he surely hopes that no one will come knocking on his door tonight, dressed in those stupid costumes, asking for treats.

His house looked like a random stone house on the outside, but its inside was very huge and an open space type of house, with darker features, black tick curtains, and modern and comfortable furniture. When he arrived at his place, he saw that the decoration had been changed a bit here and there. Someone has dared to enter his property and added some strange pumpkins, spider webs, and dark candles. What the hell was going on? Music, loud music... He enjoyed some music from time to time, but as of now, it was very annoying to see that his house was also filled with many strangers having drinks and dancing around. "So it's a party..." He grinned slightly unamused, but then he thought, whatever, I'll join in the fun. Someone will clean up the mess afterwards, and it won't be him. He'll find the guilty one and make him do the job.
Salamandra (played anonymously)

Halloween. Salamandra knows the day. Decorations, festivities, dressing up and treats. There are so many treats, sometimes those beyond the candy and other snacks that people seem so keen on passing out. Ah, but he shouldn't get ahead of himself.

Really, it's the perfect night for a being like him. The night is like a sea of people dressed up in everything from the innocent to the outlandish to the absolutely horrifying. It makes it easy for him to blend in. Or, it does as long as no one looks too closely, for it would become apparent that the long, vibrant tail flows just a little too fluidly behind him, the scales look just a little too real, or those claw-tipped gloves aren't gloves at all.

The sound of particularly loud music pouring from a quaint enough house catches keen ears. He slithers that way, the sound growing and growing until he's right at the door. There's an etiquette to this. Rules are boring, but he can play along for one night. He raps on the door, several loud knocks to herald his presence.

Tricks, treats, or some combination of both? He can't wait to find out.
The wonders of this new world never ceased to amaze and delight her, every moment she had spent since waking from her deep slumber had brought some new challenge or delight, from the motor vehicles and than through the streets where horse and cart once were, to the moving pictures she had learnt were called screens and the sounds that blasted from them. But this particular delight tickled her in a way none had before, this night children and people lined the streets dressed as her own kind, as demons and ghouls and witches, they ran amuck spreading sweet treats and clever little tricks. It all seemed to be in good fun a holiday to celebrate that covered one of the old pagan holidays. Asha had been walking, strolling through the streets under the intermittent illuminations of the florescent street lights overhead.

She wore no costume, nothing to distinguish her as one of the humans revelling in the night of fun, nothing more than a simple but beautiful long dress, a black silken number that trailed down to the floor, lightly hugging her curves with a deep set V that cut it down the front showing her pale skin beneath, it was a simple but elegant style, coupled with simple black heels that showed a simple flash of red on the soles as she walked. Her hair was blown out, a light curl at the bottom to give it a graceful volume, no makeup was needed, the grace of her condition gave her skin that natural alluring glow, her eyes a sparkle, her lips a flush of red.

As she walked along the pavement, a closed mouth smile on her face as her head turned to take in the wonders of the people moving all about her she heard the thrum of music, felt the heavy bass that came from a house pulsing through her chest. "How very curious". There was an allure to the place, something she could not put her finger on, she had passed many others with similar settings, decorations that adorned them and revelries within but this one called to her. Walking with a slow grace up the steps she went to the already open door, looking at it with curiosity, pressing her hand out into the air before her as though she expected some resistance but there was none, a coy smile curled up the edge of her lips as she stepped through the threshold, the sound of pulsing music surrounding her.
Darius (played by DevilWithin) Topic Starter

Halloween was nothing more than a silly party that people thought it would be fun to throw around. It's their way of escaping the harsh reality they live in and loosening up a bit. Well, that wasn't the case for all adults, considering that some of the older ones only went to such festivities in order to take their younger ones trick-or-treating. And then there were those pitiful hormone-crazed teenagers who wouldn't miss an opportunity to spend the night out of the house and out of sight of their concerned parents to have some free time, get wasted, go on a date with their boy or girl...whatever. So yes, each person has their own motives that drive them to agree with the celebration of these parties. That and also because most of the people thought of Halloween as something that brought the monster theme to the public in a sweet and harmless way, showing them monsters that in their minds only existed in movies and old book stories. Little did they know that most of those monsters were very real.

At first, Darius was unsure what to do about the invasion of his home. The audacity of the act overwhelms him. Obviously the one responsible for it has no idea who he's dealing with. Otherwise, he wouldn't dare. Anyway, he mingled with the crowd, reluctantly at first, until he saw that there were good drinks, good-looking ladies and gentlemen, and music. It was a party, no matter how ridiculous it was, considering what these people were doing. Dressing up as creatures, some even as vampires... How funny was that. But at least there was something good in it for him. If only because he could enjoy himself in his own twisted way. It's just hard for him to wrap his mind around the idea that people would desguise themselves as creatures that could potentially harm them and tear them to pieces in a matter of seconds. Sure, most people are pretty much unaware of the existence of these creatures, but they can't be that stupid not to consider the possibility, right? Well, then... Maybe they are stupid after all.

The jerk was having the time of his life, getting pulled in the middle of some girls in witch costumes who were having a good time with him as well, dancing and stuff. Others were here and there in every corner of the house, making out with each other. Things were getting heated. Let's blame the music, shall we? Because this time, ONLY this time, the jerk over here was INNOCENT. You heard that right, INNOCENT! Darius would be all charming like to them as only he could be, pulling them closer and using his best tactics to seduce them as the night flew by. They smelled pretty good tonight, all the girls. "It was very nice of you to throw this party. But I don't think we've ever met." Said the girl in his arms as they danced together to the sound of loud music. "Oh, darling. My mistake. We haven't been introduced. The name is Darius, and..." He cut his speech short, lifting a finger and gently shushing the girl in his arms, when he heard another sound that stood out from the rest... Someone was knocking on the door... "I'll be back, my love. I promise." He told her with a wink and a grin tugging at the side of his lips as he turned on his feet and headed straight for the front door, his own entrance that had turned into a Halloween party welcoming entrance for the night, apparently.

Really, it was deliciously horrifying how foolish these people could be, pathetically oblivious to the world and the beings that actually and truly surround them, to the point that they end up trapped in a party with the very monsters they pretend to be... Reaching the door, he pulls it by its knobs, opening the same, which exposes to his bluish, mixed with some greenish tones, a sight of a... No, he was no fool like those people inside his doors. This one was something else, and somehow he had been lured into his house. Hopefully it wasn't a werewolf. The hatred between vampires and werewolves has existed for centuries, and that's a true fact. "To what do I owe the pleasure, mister?" He furrows his eyebrows at the man in front of him, expecting him to introduce himself. As he does so, another person - well, more than just a person by the looks of it - suddenly approaches. And this one, he was able to catch what she was from the beginning - a vampire just like him. Interesting. Oh, and look at that. Her costume was... No costume at all, but a black dress that suited her so damn well. The lady there was a sight for sore eyes, indeed. "Good evening to you as well, Missy. Well, it's a party, fellas. I guess you're invited. Don't destroy anything." He warns them, and as he says it, the people inside are dancing on the couch, the table, the bar... They were all very drunk. The bastards. His house was full of Halloween decorations and fake blood spilled everywhere. He sighed heavily at it and gestured for the newcomers to enter. "Would you like something to drink?" He offers. He's a jerk with manner, after all. Walking back inside, the male vampire grabs a bottle of bourbon from the bar and takes a sip while grinning at them, the new ones who just stopped by for some fun. The music continues to play loudly, and a couple of guys fantasize as Myers and Jason Voorhess walk by.

The serpent man cannot read minds. It's for the best, as he'd take offense to being likened to a werewolf. He has no beef with them. Not really. He even knows a few. They do tend to smell very bad, though. That could just be because his senses are strong enough to pick up on that kind of thing, quite unlike humans, most of their senses too dull to sense anything out of the ordinary.

Mister? The formality makes him grin, and there are rows of sharp teeth to go along with a prominent set of canines. He could have hidden them. He doesn't think he really needs to, as the body before him doesn't smell quite human, either. "The pleasure is owed to it being Halloween. And, it would seem..." He points a clawed digit toward the door in a clear indication to what's happening beyond. "This is a party. Far better than door to door begging for treats." A party should offer more in the way of substantial sustenance compared to being handed a bit of candy now and again.

"Salamandra." He bows his head to the man, as well as the woman that also has since arrived. Introductions are polite even if manners don't mean that much to him. "My thanks for the invite." He slithers, literally, by the vampire and over the threshold. "I assume don't destroy anything also means don't eat anyone?" His speaks the words with a hint of mirth, but there's truth lurking in there, too. It's okay. He means to be on his best behavior. "Do you happen to have gin or tequila?"
Darius (played by DevilWithin) Topic Starter

Well, as far as the jerk over here is concerned, he has no personal beef with werewolves either. He's certainly not a fan of them and therefore doesn't care about the species in the slightest, seeing them as something lower than vampires. But even if he doesn't particularly have anything against them, if his master sends him on a mission to get rid of a group of wolves, he'll gladly do it, being the master's lapdog he's so proudly known to be. He's got a reputation to maintain. Otherwise, well, if he had to choose a meal for himself, he would rather not pick a werewolf, as they taste rather funny to him and most vampires in general. The fact that this strange creature was able to recognize Darius as another supernatural being didn't surprise him, as it could be due to the fact that his senses were perhaps as strong as the vampire's. After all, such beings have a tendency to sense each other when another one is in front of them or even just close by. Unlike those pathetic and ridiculous humans who can't even sense danger when they're surrounded by it.

Given the circumstances, some formality was required as his house had been turned into this open party house and no one was there to own the their doings. The jerk had to take matters into his own hands and receive guests with some manners. Let's face it. Just because he was a Bastard with a capital B most of the time and only cared about teasing the crap out of most people and feasting on human blood, it didn't mean he couldn't be as charming and nice as possible. A grin spread across his face, exposing some of his fangs in response to the sight of the creature's clawed hands as he pointed inward, waiting for Darius' permission to enter. He sensed the other's unique scent as well before he saw those clawed digits pointing to the inner side of his home. "I gotta give you that. You're correct. What's the fun of begging for treats if you can just snatch them yourself? Much more exciting, I'd say." The pun regarding Darius' treats was more a reference to the walking blood sacks, the humans, that is. He tilts his head to the side, a positive sign for the male to enter, and walks ahead.

"Darius..." He introduced himself in return. Obviously expecting or hoping that they would get it, this this invitation to enter was for both the man and the woman behind him. Of course, being the gentleman he could be, he'd give them all the time in the world to actually make the move and step inside doors. The final decision to stay would be theirs. Curiosity somehow brought them there, even if this party was never meant to be to begin with. "Welcome Salamandra. What a peculiar name, if you don't mind my observation." He added with a grin as he took another sip of his bourbon. An amused grin then took over his face as he listened to the other's promises not to eat anyone. "Oh, please. I'd say don't mind me. But I'd also have to add that you clean up the mess afterwards. I would like a snack myself, sooner or later. I'm just a little picky tonight." He said as his eyes scanned the place, roaming over all the many choices he had this evening just for himself. If he wanted, he could twist things around and turn this evening into a real Halloween party, with carnage everywhere. Show the humans a piece of what a real monster really is. "I should have. I had a great variety of drinks until this crowd came in, and now I'm not so sure... " Turning around, he checked his shelves and soon grabbed a bottle of tequila. "There..." Returning his attention to this mysterious stranger, he hands him the bottle and stares at him with growing curiosity. "It's nice to have something real, you know. These humans were starting to get on my nerves." He was starving, too.

"A pleasure, Darius, and no, I don't mind the observation. My name is a peculiar one, indeed, and I've been known to say as much myself. Yet, it is my own and has some significance." Which he doesn't bother to touch on deeper as of yet. There's no reason to bore his host, now is there? No, not with a party happening all around him and certainly not with the prospect of food. So much food. So many humans gathered in one place, far more than he's used to seeing at one time. Of course, that's on him. He has a particular method for choosing his meals when he's operating on his own time, one that aims for being subtle. It's a key to going undetected.

He stops not so far from where his vampire host is searching the shelves, and he winds his tail and body into tight coils to rest against. He'd normally be sprawled out, a picture of lazy majesty, if he does say so himself. Alas, with so many humans milling around he can't trust that they won't trample the slimmer parts of his tail, or collide with the larger, sturdier parts in their drunkenness. He can handle it, certainly. He's big. He'd still rather not. "Was a party like this not your own idea?" His attention is now solely on Darius. He's far more interesting than the alternative. As soon as the bottle is offered, he takes it. "Many thanks." He uses his claws to pop the cap and takes a drink without waiting. Oh, far better than wandering door to door.

"What, not going to be fooled into thinking this is just a costume?" That wide grin filled with teeth again. He's not trying very hard, least of all now. He hadn't been from the start, either, and yet some of the people out there were fooled; a few even went so far to compliment the craftsmanship. It's even funnier in hindsight. "It's pleasant to be considered not only real, but also to be welcomed as such. I sometimes find it very tiring to have to disguise myself as one of them, though I suppose such a form has it's advantages." It's easier to gain trust when you look like something familiar, for one thing. The human race is very predictable like that. And, sure, sometimes legs are easier to manage than a tail. It's a lot of little things like that.

"Let's loop back to the matter of snacks. I wouldn't want you to think that I wasn't listening." Because he was. He bends himself forward, leaned closer over the bulk of his scaled body. "I'd never be so rude as to leave a mess. Most of the time I don't leave any traces at all." He's part serpent. His jaw unhinges and facilitates eating more at once than what most can claim. That and his voracious appetite assures him wanting to finish everything. "Perhaps we should have a meal together. Or several."
Invited, with a single word she went from locked on this side of the threshold to free to come and go as she pleases, though those who usually make the mistake of inviting her had no idea what the implications of the invitation meant, the man stood across from her now was far from someone fooled by the innocence of an invitation, if anything he knew exactly the power his words held. Her eyes grazed over the homeowners clothing, there was no ridiculous monster outfit draped over his form, he was well dressed, seeming to match the style of this time, though still alien to her she could see class from a mile away, some things didn't change. The way people held themselves, manners, missy, not a term she was as familiar with, it brought a warm but wry smile to her face.

Asha's eyes flicked over the other gentleman before her, the one who had come to the door moments before, if a gentleman was what he could be called, he was no man, nor kindred such as the gentleman who owned this home, he was something else. Her face didn't drop, there was no look of curiosity just that polite smile that remained, his scent lingered around them, different to their own but predatory all the same, something she had not encountered or if she had she had forgotten its kind long ago, time passed in the blink of an eye or faded away into distant memory, between long slumbers she had seen civilisations rise and fall, creatures come and go and species become entirely extinct, whatever Salamandra was he was clearly comfortable to show his true skin on a night like this.

It had Asha wondering just how many of her own kin were walking the streets, did they openly feast ? Did the humans accept them or were they incognito, using this night only to disillusion the humans to their presence. Asha let the gentlemen talk she had not been awake long, observing was the preferred method until she was acutely aware of the manners and rules of this time and this land. Nearly 200 years had passed since she last walked among the people of this world, everything was different, this modern world ruled by machines and noise, it smelt better but had its own intricacies to navigate. Her gaze flicked between them both at the less than subtle mentions of making, or not making a mess. The consumption of others was so blaze of an affair in this time ? how blinded to their existence had the humans become, there had been a time that Vampires controlled every element of human life, that the council had moved rulers and kings like pawns and the idea of them was whispered to children in the night, stories of fear that made them recoil from the dark to the light of a fire or lamp. Passage to this word had been its own lesson, the internet overwhelming at first but a curious recourse of knowledge, the libraries of man were now available at the click of a button, the power of men had in some ways been curbed but in others ....... in others it had not at all.

Asha waited for a natural pause in the conversation, letting the flow of it move to a moment she could finally retort, this Salamandra had easily taken up much of the conversation, but some manners did not fade with the time and introductions were important to her, she had been admiring the Decor of Darius's Property, wondering if the humans enjoying their festivities had any idea of how closely death was to them, did they still fear it, the darkness, or was it all just stories and entertainment for them now ? Her eyes turned to their host, a sparkle in them as her lips spread into a welcoming smile. "Asha Valentina, but you can just call me Asha, thank you for inviting me into your lovely home" but she politely waved away the offer of a drink, too many tasted so artificial now, she could taste the automated bottling process involved in creating them, and had found her tastes too particular to be polite in her own requests, a pleasant dismissal was better than insulting someone's tastes by turning her nose down at anything. She wondered if the pair of them would share a meal, these two men, it had been a long time since she shared with anyone, her children long gone, the council scattered and then there was her maker, sealed away in her care, Asha fed in solitude since waking, something she was coming to prefer, time was lonely.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Trick or Treat: A monster among 'monsters'

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus