Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Impulse to Show Off (Image Heavy)

I just feel the need to brag for a moment, mostly because of this:
kyraportraitglowed2.png
For once, I got the face to look about how I wanted it to. And the hair... eh, it's passable. I prolly should have lightened her skin just a tiny bit more, but I'll leave that for another time. Been working on the bloody thing long enough as it is. ^^; But yeah, that's Kyra.

I've also been working on a portrait for Taryn, but it's only pencil presently. But y'know what, why not? Here's Taryn.
taryn-pencil.jpg
I like the angle on the bottom one. That's a super hard one to get, you did well! Very nice!
Zelphyr Topic Starter

Yes, well... I was looking at several photos to pull that angle off. ^^; My previous attempt came out a babydoll face. >.<

But thanks. ^^
These look awesome! :D I like all of Kyra's earrings!
Kim Site Admin

Perfecting facial anatomy has been something I've been working hard on lately, too, so I really appreciate seeing someone else making progress on this quest! :) Congrats!
Zelphyr Topic Starter

Hehe, thanks, both of you. :)

Funny thing about Kyra's earrings - they were easy to draw and color, but difficult to not color over. XP
Zelphyr Topic Starter

Decided to finally do Taryn up right. Then got impatient and filtered/adjustment layered the crap outta it. I consider the end result acceptable for the time being.

gl-31456-1395923733.jpg
Zelphyr Topic Starter

This is actually something I did a few years ago, but I was never really happy with it. Her face was too small for her head, and she looked rather manly. I recently made some adjustments though and it's so much better. @.@

I can't put it in her profile until I grab another epic, but 'tis Nyx Chaser.

nyxchaser-portrait.png
Zelphyr Topic Starter

Ever since I wrote up The Sands Turned Red, I've kinda been wanting to turn Kyra's bond-sister, Sari, into a proper character. Well, because she started hovering around in my head again, I decided to go ahead and draw her (post-having-her-face-shredded). ^^;

gl-31259-1398151896.jpg

On another note, since I've been getting a little more confident in mah skills, I might start doing requests or commissions once I have more time. That could be in a couple days, or it might be a couple weeks. Not sure. ^^;

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Impulse to Show Off (Image Heavy)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus