Skip to main content

Forums » Help » Chat isn't showing new messages or pinging me

I don't know if anyone else is having this problem, but I use the chat function to message people OOC, and no new messages are showing up when the person messages me. I get an Inbox notification and have to refresh every time I get messaged to even see it.
Kim Site Admin

Did it use to work? Do you know whenabouts it stopped?
DigitalDevil Topic Starter

Kim wrote:
Did it use to work? Do you know whenabouts it stopped?

I don't know when it started, but I remember it used to work, I'd say maybe a few weeks ago?
This isn't chat-related but kind of related to the same thing. I've had RPR open in a spare tab and I just refreshed it now, and it showed I had a new message. The message is timestamped as coming in an hour ago.
Usually the inbox updates and shows me if I have a new message without me having to actually refresh the page, so it sounds like something is a bit wonky with Server!

Yeah, that happens with me as well.
I wonder if that is related to mine also sometimes saying i have a message, but not showing which folder it's in, so i have to go click around to find it <->

But i've also experienced it not saying there was a message! Actually 2 one time

It's actually getting out of hand, so frustrating..
Kim Site Admin

I've gone ahead and rebooted the server, let me know if it performs better.

Appears to be working!

Thanks, bestie Kim

Does that count as a bug report? If it does, sorry I didn't use the forum, haha..

You are on: Forums » Help » Chat isn't showing new messages or pinging me

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus