Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Trick or Treat: The Arcade (CLOSED)

Kat (played by Bell-Boi)

Kat usually spent his time in an small arcade, which was where he lived, many people found it weird but there was of course a reason he lived there.

Either way, the arcade was closed at the moment and it was late at night, Kat had never exactly celebrated halloween but he got the basic gist of it.
The arcade itself was a basic building but it had a big neon sign which read uh.. "Acade", it seems like its suppose to say 'arcade' but the R fell off..
He had put up a small sign on the outside of the arcade that read "Trick or Treaters are welcome!" He had also put up some small decorations in and outside; like fake spider webs, ghosts, bats, and some orange and purple lights.

Kat had waited by the door, eagerly waiting for Trick or Treaters, though he was excited he was also somewhat nervous, unsure of what might happen if something doesnt go so well..

((update: The 'R' on the Arcade sign is fixed thanks to Asriel Dreemurr (played by TheAmazingBlueFox!))
Azumi Hemmberg (played by Revereen)

Azumi, once again, had bothered her son,Ren, to participate in another trick or treating adventure. After a nice dragon had given them candy, the two decided to make their way to the Arcade. Unfortunately the letter "R" fell off, causing the sign to appear misspelt.

As the fox spirit knocked the door and as the hooded human simply groaned, they both said "trick or treat" with the former sounding elated and the latter sounding disinterested in whatever was going on.
Kat (played by Bell-Boi) Topic Starter

Kat had quickly opened the door to the arcade, noticing them both, though he soon regretted this decision as he realised he wasnt exactly prepared, but he tried to make conversation so it wouldnt get awkward. "erm- hello! how are you two on this spectacular evening?" he asked, as he somewhat glanced around inside the arcade for some sort of candy to give the two as he spoke.

"I am doing rather well, my dear friend!" Azumi smiled at Kat.

"Mom, we just met him", Ren groaned

"So? There is nothing wrong with treating strangers as friends! You never know, you may end up being friends anyway!"

Azumi waited expectantly, but patiently. Her tails wagged slowly, but gracefully. Ren simply stood there awkwardly with nothing else to say for a few seconds.

"So...", Ren said to Kat, "I guess this is the part where you give us candy?"

Kat scratched the back of his head nervously "a-ah.. right!.." he replied, quickly dashing away from the two as he frantically looked around before noticing the prize counter, running to it, tripping on the way as he did, grabbing a handfull of random candy before sprinting back. He took a moment to catch his breathe before re-appearing in front of the two.
"h-here you go..?" he said, holding out the handull of sweets to them both, tail wagging faintly.

"Thank you!", Azumi said with glee. She then gave Kat a fox shaped talisman and a piece of inarizushi.

"Thank you for your generosity", She smiled, "As a reward, I havev given you a divine talisman that shall lead you to good fortune and luck! Plus, I had some leftover inarizushi. My son loves it, so try it!"

"You love giving out stuff like this, don't you?", Ren said.

She giggled once again. Then, the two bade farewell to Kat. They were only a few steps away until Ren remembered something. He told his mother what he remembered and so they returned to Kat.

"Here", Ren smiled, "If you play any instruments you can join our band,
The Suburbanites. If not, we got a gig downtown you can watch. Just show this leaflet and you'll get in free of charge"

"How nice of my little Ren, making new friends!", Azumi commented

Ren looked away in embarrassment and the two finally said their farewells after Kat replied about whether or not they would join or watch their concert.

Kat looked down at the talisman and the leaflet before looking back up at the two "erm- i cant exactly play instruments, but i can definitely come watch your band play!" he replied, giving a nervous chuckle.
Afterwards, he also bid them farewell, waving faintly.
Five Hargreeves (played anonymously)

Five was wearing a costume that looked like a generic superhero, which wasn't too far off of who he and his family was.
"This is so stupid, I'm too old for this shit!" Five growled, looking up at Klaus, one of his brothers.

Klaus was wearing a vampire costume, fake teeth and all.
"Aw com'on, Trick or Treating is fun~ You get free candy and wear a funny costume all day." Klaus winked.

Ben had a sheet over him as a ghost costume, so people could sort of see him now. (He was a real ghost.)
Not hear him though, only Klaus could do that. "I'm glad I could join you guys."

Five, Klaus and Ben approached Kat at the door. "Trick or Treat." They all said.
(Five said it in an annoyed tone, Klaus in a flamboyant tone and Ben.. well no one could hear Ben so it didn't matter.)

As Kat was saying goodbye to Azumi and Ren, he looked over to see Five, Klaus, and Ben, giving a nervous smile. "ah! erm- hello!" he replied "give me moment to uhm- get your candy!.."

Kat left them for a moment to go inside the Arcade, and back over to the prize counter,
grabbing a couple handfulls of candy before re-appearing infront of the three.
"uhm.. here ya go!" he said, holding out the candy to them. "i must say, you three have some incredible costumes!.."
Five Hargreeves (played anonymously)

Five lazily took the candy, Klaus took the candy a bit excitedly and Ben attempted to grab it through the sheet, he only dropped a few pieces, but Klaus picked them up for him.

"Thank you~ I'm supposed to be a vampire, but like, not just any vampire.."
Klaus giggled, "I'm a really hot vampire, like the ones you'd find in neat romance novels." He posed, hand on hip.

Five rolled his eyes at Klaus acing stupid.

"Thank you. Have a good night." Five turned to Kat and thanked him for the candy.

Ben waved through the sheet with his free hand as a thank you.

he gave a small giggle at Klaus' behavior "ah your welcome!" he said, giving a patient smile. "you three enjoy your trick or treating!" his tail wagged faintly.
It would not be long after the others that a small goat child would approach. Asriel, being a monster, had little need to dress up since most simply assumed he was in costume anyway. Asriel had a green stripped shirt and your typical jean pants. What also was of note was there there was no bag in his hands. His pockets on the other hand had the tell tale indents of treats stored within. It seemed that what he couldn't eat immediately he pocketed for later. He didn't have much which probably meant this was still the top of the night for him.

This "house" was not a house but an Arcade. Well... an acade as it read on the sign. Asriel stifled a giggle but quickle bemoaned his candor and approached with a much more courteous stance. This place was not at all like the others he had visited. It was festively decorated and had an air of calmness. Even though this is the year of frights, a calm within the storm is always a welcome reprieve. With confidence and a gleeful smile, Asriel approached.

"Happy Halloween!" He said with a grin. "Or... is it trick-or-treat?" He asked putting a finger to his chin.

Kat peeked outside the door, seeing Asriel, and giving a small bow. "ah- hello!" he replied to them "yeah erm- its trick or treat, but happy halloween to you too!"

Since a little bit of time had passed after the others, by now Kat had a bucket full of the candy from the prize corner.
He reached over for some to give to Asriel, "i really like your costume! its super realistic, what are you suppose to be?" Kat asked, giving a smile.
Asriel confidently nodded in the revaluation of which word to use. "Right, I shall en-devour to remember that." Spoilers... he's probably not going to remember that. Mostly this was a time for meeting new faces for him. Still, fallowing the customs should be at least partially on his list.

Asriel very graciously accepted the candy and put it in his pockets along with the others. One of them was a piece of chocolate. Which he very hurried munched on. It seemed the candy he was tucking away was anything that wouldn't end up melting in his pockets. Upon the compliment of his costume, he smiled and put his hand behind his head. It wasn't really a costume. But why not play along anyway. "I'm a goat that can do magic!" He reached down and picked up a rock and made it float vertically between his hands. It wasn't very long and it looked more like a tricked of the eyes than real magic. "See! Levitation for almost a whole second." He said with a laugh. "My name's Asriel, What's yours?"
Max (played by Maxthecoolcat420)

* max was dressed up in a 80s anarcy style for holloween and he then stumbles upon the missed spelled arcade so he dicided to go inside and he saw all the the arcade cabnits and holloween decor *

Asriel Dreemuur wrote:
Asriel confidently nodded in the revaluation of which word to use. "Right, I shall en-devour to remember that." Spoilers... he's probably not going to remember that. Mostly this was a time for meeting new faces for him. Still, fallowing the customs should be at least partially on his list.

Asriel very graciously accepted the candy and put it in his pockets along with the others. One of them was a piece of chocolate. Which he very hurried munched on. It seemed the candy he was tucking away was anything that wouldn't end up melting in his pockets. Upon the compliment of his costume, he smiled and put his hand behind his head. It wasn't really a costume. But why not play along anyway. "I'm a goat that can do magic!" He reached down and picked up a rock and made it float vertically between his hands. It wasn't very long and it looked more like a tricked of the eyes than real magic. "See! Levitation for almost a whole second." He said with a laugh. "My name's Asriel, What's yours?"

Kat stared at where the rock had been floating, seeming in awe, even after it had fallen. it took a good while before he snapped out of it, shaking his head faintly.
not really being used to the 'real' world, he had thought that the Asriel was actually making it float rather than it being a trick.. that being said, be gave a nervous smile before replying "erm.. ah- my names Kat, its nice to meet you!.."
Bell-Boi Topic Starter

Maxthecoolcat420 wrote:
* max was dressed up in a 80s anarcy style for holloween and he then stumbles upon the missed spelled arcade so he dicided to go inside and he saw all the the arcade cabnits and holloween decor *

hi there! could you please comment using your oc's profile? that way your responses wont get put in OOC chat!
Kat wrote:
Asriel Dreemuur wrote:

Kat stared at where the rock had been floating, seeming in awe, even after it had fallen. it took a good while before he snapped out of it, shaking his head faintly.
not really being used to the 'real' world, he had thought that the Asriel was actually making it float rather than it being a trick.. that being said, be gave a nervous smile before replying "erm.. ah- my names Kat, its nice to meet you!.."

Asriel smiled and very much appreciated the honesty Kats eyes as she watch the trick. It was heartwarming to know there were still those who find magic to be... well... magical. He gave a slight bow for his performance and notice another patreon of the holiday. As much as he wanted to stay, it was time to be off. Perhaps they would meet again. "Nice to meet you too Kai. I hope you have a wonderful rest of the evening. Thank you you very much for the treats."

As he began to walk off, he snapped his fingers. The R that had fallen off returned to it's spot on the panel and lit up like the others. For a moment he wondered if he should have fixed it. It was rather charming after all. Never the less, he looked back gave a thumbs up and walked off in to the night.

The idea that the R would stay there this time and not just fall off again... filled him with determination.

Kat bowed back "you too!" he responded, giving a big smile.
He was somewhat confused after Asriel snapped his fingers but quickly looked up to see the 'R' returning to its spot on the arcade sign.
He lit up with with happiness at this, waving to asriel one last time before returning inside the arcade.
Max (played by Maxthecoolcat420)

* max was dressed up in an 80s anarchy style for Halloween and he then stumbles upon the misspelled arcade so he decided to go inside and sees all the arcade cabinets and Halloween decor * max: whoa this place is pretty sweet * he said to himself *

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Trick or Treat: The Arcade (CLOSED)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus