Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » DMs Folder Organizing!

Hello!

I was wondering how others on here who use the folder system, do it?
What way do you have it set up that works for you?
I need inspo, cause i feel like mine is a bit of a mess atm!
Yes, it can get pretty chaotic. What I found works for me is I make a folder for all OOC/Chat DMS, and if I have multiple DM roleplays with the same writer, I have a folder with that writer's name. Usually, I just leave my roleplay DMs in the Inbox, and after I reply I archive the message taking it off my Inbox list. When my partner replies, it pops back on my Inbox list as an unread message! I also have one dedicated to the group I run and keep all 'business' messages there. Anyway, that's my patchwork system. It does give me some organization.
Echo Topic Starter

Dawnia wrote:
Yes, it can get pretty chaotic. What I found works for me is I make a folder for all OOC/Chat DMS, and if I have multiple DM roleplays with the same writer, I have a folder with that writer's name. Usually, I just leave my roleplay DMs in the Inbox, and after I reply I archive the message taking it off my Inbox list. When my partner replies, it pops back on my Inbox list as an unread message! I also have one dedicated to the group I run and keep all 'business' messages there. Anyway, that's my patchwork system. It does give me some organization.

Thanks! Honestly sounds pretty much like how i do it! xD
I don't have a lot going, so right now, just have an 'Active RP' folder and an 'Archive RP' folder (and one for art and commissions, and others)
And each RP has a IC: title, and an OOC: title thread in the same folder

I did for a while sort them by genres too:
'Active Fantasy', 'Active Sci Fi', etc. but they all go into the same archive folder.

I've never had more than 1 rp going with the same writers in DMs (they were always in groups), but I can imagine that being helpful if you have multiple rps with the same writer, and one ooc chat with them.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » DMs Folder Organizing!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus