Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » AMA; Life with ADHD

Hello, i'm Bell! now i know ADHD is a common disorder, but, perhaps those who don't have it may be interested or curious on how living with it is like, i believe ADHD can be different for each person as well, since others with ADHD have told me their experiences and they were quite different from mine, so keep in mind my answers likely wont go for everyone else with ADHD.

Continuing on, i'm not usually a very open person in real life, and online is just something that can make it easier for me to message/talk to people, even then, i'm still quite shy sometimes, so i don't often do these types of things, however, ima give it a shot.

Anyway, ask what you'd like to know! i don't mind most any question as long as it's appropriate. (also let me know if i should give more info in this)
Hello, fellow ADHDer!

Ill start simple: when and how were you diagnosed? And if you weren't diagnosed as a child, how did you come to realise you may have the disorder?
Bell-Boi Topic Starter

VeraVe wrote:
Hello, fellow ADHDer!

Ill start simple: when and how were you diagnosed? And if you weren't diagnosed as a child, how did you come to realise you may have the disorder?

Hi there! i was diagnosed as a small child, i dont remember my exact age but if i had to try and guess: i was probably around 5!
I think my mom thought i may have had ADHD after the teachers repeatedly kept talking about how i couldnt focus in class, was really fidgety, and overall hyper, so she took me to go see if i had it, and she was right.

I may have got it because both my mom and dad also have ADHD, so i dont think she was surprised that i had it 😅
Kim Site Admin

Do you have any strategies to help you with the day to day, like chores or homework?

Does routine hurt or help?
Bell-Boi Topic Starter

Kim wrote:
Do you have any strategies to help you with the day to day, like chores or homework?

Does routine hurt or help?

Sorry this is really late, but anyway, honestly, not really. I kinda just 'go with the flow' and such, sometimes i'll set reminders or alarms if its really important but other times i'll just randomly remember, or forget.

For Routine it depends, if i know its a day thats gonna be filled with stuff to do then ill sometimes have a schedule or routine to use, other than that i dont really use routines.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » AMA; Life with ADHD

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus