Skip to main content

Forums » Help » Group age restrictions

When I set up my villains group, I set it to only allow players 18+ to join, mostly as a precaution since, y'know, villains tend to do some pretty terrible things. There are those under 18 who were wanting to join, though, and as things are presently set, it got me wondering if it's necessary for me to have that 18+ restriction.

The group has been labelled for all three adult categories. I don't expect the sexuality one to be much of an issue, as I don't want things like that going too far within the group anyway (read: I don't wanna see it). Having those markers, that limitation, and an additional warning about adult themes on the front page of the group - could I open it up to those under 18?
Sanne Moderator

Your main concern about the age restriction should only be whether your group allows content that is illegal for minors to see/participate in, such as sex RPs or graphic images etc.. If that's not an issue and it's mainly violence and language, then it's up to each individual member to accept the maturity tags of the group and join.

So it's up to you! Some people prefer knowing they're playing with adults, some don't care. The 18+ restriction is a tool for group founders to help protect themselves and the site from legal trouble. :) If that's not an issue then it's just another personal preference.
Zelphyr Topic Starter

Cool. :) So it sounds like mostly, I'll just have to add a note about graphic images. Thanks! ^_^
Kim Site Admin

What Sanne said! Thanks Sanne, I am too tired to make sense. XD

You are on: Forums » Help » Group age restrictions

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus