Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Delivered! (Private/Solo)

U.N.I.T. 35235236466-0001A (played by AgentMilkshake) Topic Starter

Day 1-

"I am U.N.I.T. 35235236466-0001A, the ship's computer for ITC Operator 2248-43-42. I am a highly complex and intelligent piece of machinery. that is state of the art! We have lift off! We have lift off! We have lift off!"

First Draw- Ace of Diamonds. The Ace represents 1 successful action needed. Dimonds indicates that The Operator has 8 days to complete her first work order.

The Operator's second card is the 10 of diamonds. This is for an event. The diamonds suite represents an environmental event. The following occurs:

A fire has overtaken another vessel and the crew wishes to board The Operator's ship. A success indicates that 3 new crew members temporarily join until the ship lands again.

To resolve this situation, The Operator will use "social". She has 2 in this skill. She'll roll 2d4 and takes the higher value of the 2 dice:

Disregard. Need to roll 1d4 two separate times so the results are independent and not added together.
rolled 2d4 and got a natural 2.
1 1

Note: Rescuing 3 stranded crew

Redo. Using higher of 2 rolle.
rolled 1d4 and got a natural 4.
rolled 1d4 and got a natural 3.
The Operator (played by AgentMilkshake) Topic Starter

"Alright, loves! Let's get this show on the road, er um, repair van into space! So, first work order we're off to... planet Ianlax to service some payphones. They aren't out of service, just need some quick maintenance and I need to collect the coins from their vaults. 10 days to get there, get the work done and on to the next job! I'll have it done in a jiff!"

Logbook: I've come upon a broken down space cruiser.

"So against me better judgement, I decided to pull over. Poor blokes could be stranded for hours or days. No one in these space lanes. I hope they aren't space pirates or bandits!"

Logbook: It turns out they are 3 stranded space gnomes in a ship that is more primitive an ancient than this sorry excuse for a toaster that calls itself me nav system. They just need a lift and said they can show me a warp hole that can get me straight to Ianlax.

OOC: The Operator got a 4, which is an 'absolute success' meaning she not only succeeds but nails it!

Logbook: Getting the gnomes where they needed to go only took a few hours. This direct warp zone got me straight to the planet.

"Lucky first day, loves! The payphones are all in great order and I collected the money. 9 days remaining! I'd say I'm off to a pretty good start 'n all! Not quite as easy as looking up numbers for blokes, but maybe this won't be so bad after all!"

OOC: Since the Operator got an Ace (1), she needed to only complete once successful action. She had 8 days because the diamond suite uses a d8 counter. Had she not gotten the only success she needed that first day, she would have had additional encounters the next day and had 7 days to complete the task. She caught several lucky breaks on this one. Tune in next week for another event!

1 success down! XP: 1/5 to promotion.

Day 2

The Operators next work order is King of clubs. This means she has 12 days and must complete 13 successful actions.

Her event: 6 of Spades- She gets an incorrect schedule from the company and may have to make up for lost time.

The Operator will use her wit which gives her 4d4. She gets to use the highest roll of the 4 dice.

Note: Roll 1

Note: Roll 2

rolled 1d4 and got a natural 2.

Note: Roll 3

Note: Roll 4

"Alright, loves," I just got me next assignment. "Unfortunately, the dispatch screwed up and I have to go halfway across the galaxy to get there. Stupid Twit! Fortunately, using a bit of good ol' social engineering and with Yoo-nits help, I got two successes reduced. Also, the date was pushed out so my transit time to the first stop won't be counted until I arrive. Best not to explain how we pulled that off or put it in me log. It's a small win, but I got an absolute success on that one! So, I have to service quite a few payphones along this new route and I'm going to have to stop by a supply warehouse to get what I need. Unfortunately, that's going to involve lifting and I'm not very strong. Maybe they'll have a scutter to help me if I'm lucky."

Successes this work order: 1/11

OOC: this will use body, she only gets 1d4. Hoping for a 4!

Note: Body

"Alright, there is no one to help me load up parts and equipment, but they do have carts which made the job not so bad! That's a success! Off we go!"

Successes 2/11
Still on Day

New event: 4 Hearts-You meet another technician going the same way as you.
She'll have to use social which is 2D6 and can use the higher of two rolls.
rolled 1d6 and got a natural 6.

Note: social

rolled 1d6 and got a natural 3.

Error!

Those should have been d4s.

Recalculating!

rolled 1d4 and got a natural 1.

Note: second roll

"I caught another lucky break, loves! Right as I was about to leave the supply warehouse, I ran into another Operator! Operator 6969-13-00 to be precise. Never met her, but 'eard of her before. She's in the same boat as me and out fixing phones instead of answerin' calls! Bloody union dispute! Anywho, she's agreed to help me at my next stop. I'll get her rolls, too. That wraps it for the day. I've done the maximum events for day 1. Off to me next stop!"

Successes 3/11
End Day 1

Successes 3/11
Begin Day 2

4C: You find an old toy of yours, but it needs to be repaired before it will work again.

"Oh! I found me first line checker. I dabbled with this ages ago back when I first started. Used to use it on me cord board when there seemed to be a bug in the line. You never could get those repair blokes into the call office to fix anything. Found it in the back and got it working and had it ever since, but it's been awhile since I fiddled with it. Needs a bit of repair. Let's see if I can get it going again."

OOC: Using wit. 4d4. Highest roll is used.

Note: wit roll 1

Note: wit roll 2

Note: wit roll 3

Note: wit roll 4

"It took us a few days to get to our new route. I got this bloody thing working to pass the time. However, while I did succeed, it got me in a bad mood since it just reminds me that I should be back at me cord board connecting calls and not out here in the middle of space doin' someone else's jobs. Oh well. At least I have help to get me started! Off to start filling work orders loves!"

Successes 4/11
Begin Day 3

QD: A nearby planet provides your vessel a gravity assist speed boost. If successful, increase timer by 1.

"Well, looks like we have a chance to pick up speed! This will definitely help me out. I also have my friend, Operator 6969-13-00. Let's give this a try!"

Using wit. 4d4, using highest. Operator 6969-13-00 can offer a back up roll if it goes bad.

Note: wit 1

Note: wit 2

Note: wit 3

Note: wit 4

"Absolute success, loves! We'll be there in a jiff!"

Using Yoo-nit, The Operator is able to do some complex calculations and bounce her repair van off the gravitational pull of the planet allowing them to accelerate. Fortunately, there are no space cops in these space lanes running radar. The Operator sets the cruise control and auto pilot and is able to pick up a day.

Day 3 concluded, add 1 to the counter.

Success 5/12

Success 5/12

Begin Day 4

"Operator 6969-13-00 received a new assignment. New event generating...."

8S: A light starts blinking on one of the ship's panels.

"Well, just me luck! Operator 6969-13-00 got a new assignment from dispatch and we had to part ways. No sooner does that happen and I get on the road and the check engine light comes on. Bloody hell! I'm going to pull over and see if I can get this sorry excuse for a toaster to run a diagnostic. Hopefully, it's nothing serious and we can get the light reset!"

Using wit 4d4

Note: wit roll 1

Note: wit roll 2

Note: wit roll 3

Note: wit roll 4

Smooth Operator!

"Brilliant! Absolute success! It appears the fuel cap for the petrol was loose. The engine was running rich and Yoo-nit was able to reset the light. We're on our way again!"

Success 6/12

End Day 4

"We stopped and checked a few phones along our route while we were at it. All is proper!"

Begin Day 5

7H- You land on a planet where they seem to be celebrating something.

Success 6/12

"Well this was an odd one, loves! I landed on the planet Mergadon 12. They had a few space payphones on the fritz only to find all the streets blocked and preparing for a big parade. I had a bit of a problem finding a place to park. Anywho, I decided to check out the festivities. The buildings were covered in blinking lights and like the space gas station I just stopped at on the way, they had trees covered in decorations! So, I grab meself some popcorn from a vendor and the locals approached and I couldn't quite understand what they wanted. Apparently, they recognized me or me voice and wanted me autograph or something. Then I met the mayor and and I guess there was a bit of a problem but I had a tad bit of trouble understanding what exactly the bloke wanted me to do. I'm not up on the customs of all these backwater planets. Using social to figure it all out!"

2d4

Maybe space Santa will bring me a 4! Fingers crossed!

Note: social roll 1

Note: social roll 2.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Delivered! (Private/Solo)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus