Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Delivered! (Private/Solo)

Delivered! A solo Journaling RPG

First off, this is a private solo game and will not be taking players at any point. Please do not post here in this thread for any reason. For those that want to follow along, the game requires the player to keep a journal to record game turns. I figured I would make it public in case anyone wanted to lurk. If so, feel free to read along. If for some reason you want to reach out, please contact me using a private message (either through my character or my player profile).

For those who are curious, this is a solo RPG adventure using the "Pocket Quest" series rules. No DM or moderator is required. The game requires the physical rulebook, multi-sided dice (particularly D4s) and a deck of standard playing cards to resolve situations. Since no players will be accepted, I'm not going to provide a detailed explanation of the game mechanics or rules. For more about the game, you can visit DriveThruRPG. I do not own the rights to the game nor am I affiliated with DriveThruRPG or the publisher. I am simply providing the link for additional information and this should not be construed as an ad selling anything and only offered for additional information for anyone who'd like to learn more.

Here is a quick summary of what this game is about: The overall objective is to play a courier (delivery person) and successfully earn promotions while getting deliveries made in a timely manner. You can be anything from an intergalactic pizza delivery person/alien/robot to delivering for the sci-fi equivalent of Amazon, UPS, Fed Ex, etc., smuggling contraband or just about anything else that involves going to different points and picking up or delivering items.

In this case, I am using my character, The Operator. You can read her full bio and background on her character sheet. She'll also be traveling with Yoo-nit, the ship's computer. Yoo-nit, is a steampunk style robot that looks like a toaster on wheels. The game does require character stats which I will add to The Operator's character sheet once I update her for this particular game. Both of these characters have appeared in several games here on RP Repository. They are also used in a live game played in person once per month using the Teens In Space RPG.

Here are a few of the things that I need to fill in for my character:

How long has she been a courier? I'm modifying the game a bit. Instead of delivering packages, she's going around the galaxy filling work orders to fix broken or out of service public payphones or collect credits from their coinboxes. The Operator only recently started this temporary assignment since the Intergalactic Telephone Linemen's Union is on strike (see her character sheet above for the full backstory). Prior to that, she was an Intergalactic Telephone Operator for quite awhile and worked at a cordboard in a telephone building on some planet you have likely never heard of.

Who is her employer?
Intergalactic Telephone Company (ITC)
What does her vessel look like? A telephone repair van, but slightly more futuristic and has the ability to fly and travel into space. It has all of the things a real-life Earth telecom repair van would have- ladder on top, blinking yellow light, orange traffic cones on the bumper, etc.
How does she feel and is she prepared? She's highly annoyed about the whole situation. This isn't her job and hopes the strike ends soon so she can get back to her cord board. Is she prepared? She has her diagnostic tools, tool box, headset and the annoying little talking toaster that is a poor excuse for a navigator and assistant.
What are her goals? She's hoping that either her superiors notice she isn't cut out for this if she does badly or if she excels, she can get back to connecting calls, giving the intergalactic time and temperature and other operator duties.

Card shuffling app for drawing random cards with Jokers for game play.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Delivered! (Private/Solo)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus