Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Seeking the Truth IC

Viktoriya (played by Freyya)

"It's not Abbadon." she said. "I wish it was, that way it'd all be over sooner." she sighed to herself and remained quiet, waiting for something to happen. She pulled her knees up to her chin and buried her face in them, wrapping both arms around her legs.
Cell Theta (played by Terel) Topic Starter

Jerian chuckled and shook his head, "I'd be very surprised if he was Abbaddon, since I've met him. Kind of hard to crack jokes at a demon lord's expense if he's trapped in the body of a girl somewhere," he smiled thinly, "Besides, he seemed very much free when he.. 'invited' me to his little demesne in the Lower Planes. I'd imagine it'd be hard to properly enjoy torturing your enemies if you're not properly present."

Further conversation was forestalled by the voice of the facility's computer, "Alert, intruders detected in level Alpha Zero. Defensive systems in area compromised. Alert, intruders detected in level Alpha Zero. Defensive systems compromised."

Jerian blinked and stood up, "That's the church, above us... Mainframe activate security cameras in level Alpha Zero."

A screen activated on one wall showing the feed from several cameras inside the dilapidated church, though from a few blank areas it seemed that not all of them were functional. The camera in the nave showed a very grim-looking auburn-haired girl with a pistol in one hand and her hand resting on the hilt of a silver short-sword, she looked to be only eighteen or nineteen. A step behind her was a tall, willowy blond woman in her early twenties, her expression was a little less grim but she seemed no less watchful than the other woman. A hi-tech bow made of carbon-fibre and metal was held easily in one hand, a gleaming arrow already nocked. Bringing up the rear was a thin, pale man of a similar age to the blond woman. He looked around nervously with a worried expression, patting various pockets on a scorched lab coat that still had its original white in a few places. He also had a black laptop bag strapped to him.

The trio came to a halt in front of the entrance down to the lower levels, though none of them made a move towards the door. There was no audio feed, so everything was silent as the auburn-haired girl gave a few orders. The man with the lab coat unzipped his bag and pulled out a sleek black laptop and started typing away, brushing his hair nervously every seconds.

Jerian turned away from the cameras, "Cell Theta has arrived. I guess we're running out of time."

Viktoriya watched the screen and nodded. Deep inside her she felt the lord pushing her defenses, and a black smoke started creeping from her feet up her legs. She closed her eyes and focused. The smoke didn't disappear, but it stopped where it was. she sighed.
"Right." she said, "Let them come then."

(I'm so sorry, I totally missed this getting posted! x.x)

Jerian watched the smoke as it crept up her body before ceasing, his expression rather listless, drained, "Well this should be... interesting,"

On the screen the man in the lab coat typed and tapped on his laptop whilst the other two stood guard over him watching the door. This went on for a few minutes, the auburn-haired girl pacing a little She looked impatient, her emerald eyes flickering constantly between the man at the computer and the door.

With a flourish the man in the coat stopped typing and said something, gesturing to the door. The auburn haired girl smiled tightly and gestured for the blond woman to go to the door. The scientist packed up his laptop and hurried over, slipping in between the archer and the teenager. The teenager took point with the blond woman bringing up the rear.

The three descended into the underground base.

Jerian turned away from the screen, "There's another member of my group here, but you wouldn't seem him on the cameras. He'll scout out the area and report back to Dawn... When they come here you're better off surrendering. That way none gets hurt. We aren't in the business of hurting innocent humans."

Viktoriya took a while before responding to him. 5 seconds, 10 seconds... 20... then finally she could utter some words again as she gasped for the breath she'd been holding in during that time.
"I-... I don't know what's going on..." she stuttered.
Again, the blackness creeped up a little.
"Can... Barely....... Suppress!"
What Jerian couldn't see, Viktoriya felt. The lord inside her was smashing against her defenses full force, and all her energy was directed into fending him off. Every word she just spoke to him saw the smoke expanding, now having reached her upper thighs.

(I'm in the same boat, completely missed it ^^' I also replied to another older RP of ours that I for some reason never replied to (writer's block at the time?) but it's posted now)

Jerian's eyes went wide with panic, he took a step back as he saw the dark smoke twisting up her body slowly, "The demon lord... look, my people can help suppress him, just hold on," He looked around and then down at the silver pendant he still had in his hand, "This... this feels a little like an Angelic artefact, if you wear it... it might help keep him down?" The paladin really was clasping at straws at this point. He needed to buy time for his team to arrive before she lost control. He really didn't want to die.

Viktoriya was gritting her teeth. She didn't want to speak in fear taking her strength away of suppressing the demon inside her. She just nodded, hoping he was right. Her breathing was deep and irregular as she tried her best to not lose her battle.
You will not get a hold of me!
Oh, of that I am not to certain, girl!

The smoke was still advancing ever so slowly.

Jerian was looking very worried as the smoke crept up her body. He knew that the demon lord was breaking free and he did not fancy fighting the creature, not in his current state. He slid the pendant over Victoriya's head and onto her neck, a fervent, "By the Nine I hope this works," muttered beneath his breath.

He glanced worriedly at the security camera feeds, "Come on guys, hurry up... no time for caution now Dawn,"

Out of the corner of his eye Jerian saw a pale, thin apparition, a tall human male in his early twenties with black hair and grey eyes. Jerian's eyes widened slightly and he made a subtle hand gesture, hopefully one only the ghost would catch.

Seth, Jerian's so-called Spirit Partner smiled and nodded, eyes flickering to the worrying sight of Victoriya before he sank back into one wall, to report Jerian's whereabouts to the rest of Cell Theta.

Viktoriya fell completely silent, the smoke remaining in place where it was, not advancing. She fell back against the wall and stood there, the metal surface keeping her upright, hands slightly shaking; Her hair was loosely covering her face, showing no sign of her face or the emotion on it. She tried to speak but couldn't, the words got stuck in his throat. She never felt Jerian put the necklace on her, all she knew is that she seemed safe, for now.

Jerian breathed a sigh of relief, "Thank the Nine," he said, "It worked... are you okay?" He asked in concern. Slightly odd, since she was holding him hostage but Jerian had always been a rather odd guy and she didn't seem like a bad person.

Jerian was slightly tense, he knew his people were likely on their way as they spoke and it wouldn't be long before they-

The door of the room exploded inwards in a rush of flame and the auburn-haired teen girl from the security footage stepped through the wreckage, her hands literally on fire and flames dancing in her eyes, "Let. Him. Go." She growled out, eyes narrow, as the blonde archer stepped through the doorway with her bow drawn and an arrow nocked, pointing directly at Victoriya. There was no sign of the man in the lab coat with his computer, but he was probably waiting outside whilst the more combat-orientated members of the team took point.

"Real subtle, Dawn," Jerian sighed to himself.

Viktoriya didn't move at all, even with the necklace on she was focused on keeping the demon inside her supressed. Whatever that necklace was, it sure was powerful. But just how long could she hold on to it?
"...help...me." was all she could say. She'd definately have lost the fight if it wasn't for her hostage, even though he wasn't really a hostage anymore.
"I can't keep it... controlled......."

Dawn and the blonde archer, Kate, watched the frozen girl warily. Dawn's flames dimmed but did not go out, "You okay, Hotshot?" Even beneath her controlled tone concern was plain in her voice.

"I'm fine, Dawn, just... some trouble," he shook his head, "This girl is apparently possessed by a Demon Lord, and she's losing control of him right now. I think we should concentrate on that rather than me right now," he gestured to Kate, "Arrow, we need as powerful a Seal as you can cast at short notice, put it on her. That should help her keep that thing suppressed."

The tall blonde woman nodded, "On it," she turned her attention fully on Victoriya her arms held out with her palms up, "Don't be afraid," she said softly, "Just concentrate on keeping that demon trapped, I will help you," her eyes closed and power thrummed in the air as she drew upon her magic. A soft glow suffused her hands as they moved of their own accord, tracing the curving, alien shape of a warding in the air. The magic took hold of Victoriya gently but there was power there and it surged towards the demon inside her, searing chains of fire that tried to bind him and push him back.

Sweat began to drip down Kate's face as she pushed her will against that of the demon lord, "She... wasn't.. kidding," she managed through clenched teeth, "This one is... strong..."

Jerian place a hand on her shoulder and added his strength to her own, his magic laced with faint traces of Angelic power. Something innate to him, or a side effect of that necklace? right now it didn't really matter as the two powerful magic-user fought against the will of the demon and tried to push him back and suppress him. Even this warding wouldn't hold him back forever, but it would buy them all time to get Victoriya to a safe place where a more permanent solution could be devised.

Dawn stood by and watched carefully, her own magic pulsing through the air. If Jerian and Kate ailed and the demon began pushing free, she was ready to incinerate Victoriya, anything to prevent a powerful demon being let loose into the world.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Seeking the Truth IC

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus