Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » ✠ The Warhammer Fan Thread ✠

Xander Vornn (played by Tyranoth)

951b489c.jpg

Welcome Friends !

The Warhammer Speak-Easy

I created this to cater to all things Warhammer, 40k, fantasy and everything in between. Showcase your characters, banter about factions, explore the lore and discuss plans. A place to have fun, to deliberate and enjoy a good ol' cup of the grimdark we all know and love. Enjoy yourselves ! meet some new people and find a sense of Warhammer community on RPR.
Xander Vornn (played by Tyranoth) Topic Starter

70c0f9dea88d8ac50f86d77c0552df6a.jpg

I always loved how warhammer did the high elves

1472007253126.jpg

hopefully the white lions get some love when they get the old world rolling again, one of my favorite factions.
Here's another thought for you, Witch Elves with Irish accents.

At the tender age of seventeen, I had my first encounter with the captivating universe of Warhammer. It all began when I acquired my very first White Dwarf magazine, which served as another path into the enchanting realms of fantasy role-playing and tabletop battles. I had already begun with the Fighting Fantasy books and D&D role play. From the fierce Witch Elves to the cunning yet mostly cowardly Skaven and the menacing Hordes of Chaos, I delved deeper into this immersive world as the years went by. In fact, I even managed to introduce my two sons to the captivating wonders of Warhammer, passing on the torch of this fantastical realm to the next generation. Regrettably, they outgrew their interest in the Warhammer world and moved on.
Kael'anar Rhavarys (played by Tyranoth) Topic Starter

😂 food for thought there, though I imagine that's more a dwarven voice. I'm glad to see that you're in on the action though, it is a great universe to write in. I'm sure your sons will come back to it, in the meantime though we are more than content having another Warhammer fan amongst us.

You were quick to bring up the Druchii,any particular elements you like ? I admit seeing an elvish pirate ship would be cool, I've always dug lokhir fellhearts aesthetic and the brides of khaine certainly stir more than just muse.
My introduction to fantasy and tabletop gaming came in the form of BattleTech, but can you blame me? I was a 12-year-old boy who watched Robot Wars and Robot Jox, The Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi, so big stompy robots of all makes and models were things I loved.
The term 'Druchii' was coined during a time when Games Workshop had developed their elvish languages with strong influences from Celtic roots. However, it seems that you are specifically referring to the Scottish dialect in relation to Dwarves, as we have witnessed in popular games like Baldur's Gate and of course the depiction of Gimly. I've always envisioned Gotreck speaking with a deep Scottish accent.

The Druchii possessed numerous captivating qualities that greatly appealed to me when I was younger. In fact, they served as a significant source of inspiration for the creation of my own race of Dark Elves. I haven't played Warhammer in years as the games night I attended in Nottingham closed when we had the outbreak of COVID-19. Writing has been occupying my time ever since, though I have developed a few characters from the Warhammer universe specifically for one of my narratives.

I want to ask Winter.

Candidly, what do you think of the drukhari in 40k ?
Anyone ever try to find an Age of Sigmar rp online? Super hard :( a shame since I love that setting but can't really get into 40k and prefer AoS over Warhammer Fantasy.
Used to love 40k but can't stand it these days. I think I've actually still got a few 40k characters kicking around on here, should probably get around to removing those.

I think AoS has some cool things going for it but just because it sits in a bad place with the community it hasn't gotten the attention as the others. The universe isn't as developed either but the concepts are really cool, I personally find the seraphon pretty cool.

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » ✠ The Warhammer Fan Thread ✠

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus