Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » I'm new O_O

Adorkable_Hannah

Well Hello there!! First of all I'd like to thank you for reading this. Now, let's get down to business. My name is hannah, obviously. ^^, I'm not really all that new to roleplaying, but I don't have much skill, if any at all. Basically, I would really love if someone would take me in as their little "orphan" so to speak, and show me the ropes. Also, I do not have a character as of yet.
Hun, you're prolly gonna get adopted by everyone. XD

Lotta info can be found here. If you want a place that's oriented toward info and practice, there's the Characterization Corporation. And if you have any questions, just ask. :)
DragonShard

Welcome!
Adorkable_Hannah Topic Starter

aaaw thank you! It sure helped me a lot. I've got some ideas, feeling really inspired, hehe, but a lot of work still needs to be done! I've got a basic idea of what I'd like my character to look like and her name has been decided. But I'm a little stuck on what I want to do with her race, her abilities and so forth.
Whoa. Big text. o.o

Don't be afraid to experiment. You get 10 free character slots, after all, always editable, and delete-able if you decide you don't like 'em.

Do you have any ideas for what you might find fun?

My bad :D I was trying to get my text to appear a little bigger as I typed... Now I know better heh..

Well... I was thinking that I could make her a vampire or a demoness... Then I thought perhaps I should make her half Vampire Half Demon... I'm just a little worried that it might have been done a lot and might seem as a rather cliche choice for a beginner? I don't know... I also thought about giving her 2 hearts... But I was afraid it might come off as god modding, but then I thought of some other ideas to counter that. Oh, and if my english is a little out of whack, I do apologize.
Welcome to RPR Adorkable_Hannah! Novalyyn has given you some awesome getting started pointers :) Everyone here is super friendly though, so if you see something that isn't covered don't hesitate to ask! :) Since this board is used primarily for introductions perhaps you could make a new thread about your character on the RP Discussion forum? I'm sure you'll have loads more people willing to help you out with character creation there! :)

Helloo and thank you for the warm welcome ^^, she has helped me a lot indeed! Feeling very inspired as previously stated :p and oh yes thank you for the heads up! I'll be sure to check it out!
I don't see why two hearts would be godmodding. *shrugs* Loki's right though, you can prolly get more input over in RP Discussion. ^^
Kim Site Admin

Welcome to the site! Another place to look for inspiration is this neato character development guide written by our member Highjinx: http://www.rprepository.com/community/newspost.php?post=220

I would recommend choosing either vampire OR demon -- half-vampire is indeed a very very common choice of beginners, and it sounds like that's something you're interested in avoiding. :)
Our illustrious Site Admin, Kim has offered invaluable advice as always. Highjinx has also written a great character guide. One thing I find myself asking when helping with character generation is "What is your character's purpose?"

In part, this represents your purposes in making a character, perhaps there is a specific genre you want to explore, or personality type. Perhaps you have another player or character you wish to RP with and you're building something that is at least loosely compatible. Maybe some book or TV show(etc.) had an interesting character concept(be sure to change it enough that its your character) but you wanted to take it a different direction and explore from there.

Perhaps the character has its own IC purpose, something that it wants to achieve. Personally I tend to focus on a character's history and personality, but their future and goals can be at least as important. Sometimes the goals define the path the character has taken thus far in addition to the path they are planning to take.

If you're looking for a unique character concept, "Half vampire-half demon" isn't it. That's just a creature type and it hasn't been unique for at least 30 years.(Vampire Hunter D comes to mind circa 1983, and I am sure there are works that predate it) That being said, perhaps it isn't a unique creature type that you're looking for, so much as a unique character concept. I long ago decided that unique is hard to get to, so I tend to settle for original or personally interesting. If its an idea I came up with, or one that I like and want to explore in a direction I haven't seen yet, that usually holds my interest.

That being said, I think Kim's recommendation of vampire OR demon is a good one. Both come in a wild variety of flavors and are more than variant enough from the human norm to send a character in whatever direction you like. Combining the two starts to feel like an internet trope.

You are on: Forums » Introductions » I'm new O_O

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus