Skip to main content

Forums » Help » Continue CSS Questions - Guestbooks, friendslist e

http://www.rprepository.com/c/jules

I've come this far, and is going to slowly start actually putting content on the pages XD.

Is it possible to edit on widgets? I mainly want to center them and make sure I have my fonts using on them.
It is, but I haven't checked to see if all browsers accept it yet. Gimme sec...

Tada~!
Green Topic Starter

OH! There, finally got it to work!

Thank you <3!
Glad to have been of service. :)

Pretty much anything about that stuff can be found somewhere on the web. It's just a matter of knowing how and where to look. ^^ I have to retype search queries and dig through the list pretty often. ^^;
Sanne Moderator

Green wrote:
http://www.rprepository.com/c/jules

I've come this far, and is going to slowly start actually putting content on the pages XD.

Is it possible to edit on widgets? I mainly want to center them and make sure I have my fonts using on them.

Yep! You can edit widgets. Go to the page with the widget that's misbehaving, right-click and click Inspect Element. You'll find a couple of classes and IDs you need to set values for.

For example, the guestbook is wrapped in a div class 'guestbookwidget' and has additional classes so that you can customize everything.

oSLUN8S.png

If you look at the friendlist, the text there is wrapped in a 'charactertiescontainer' class, among others!

Does this help?
Green Topic Starter

Oooh, okey.

Is it the div.guestbookwidget and table.friendswidget?
Sanne Moderator

Green wrote:
Oooh, okey.

Is it the div.guestbookwidget and table.friendswidget?

Yes for the guestbook, no to the friendswidget. You have to go to the page ( http://www.rprepository.com/c/jules/73848 ), right-click inside the widget, then click Inspect Element.

It will show you a screen similar to the screenshot, and you can look at the class names. The friendlist doesn't use tables as you can see. :)
Code:
<div class="charactertiescontainer"> <h4>Friends</h4> <h4>Enemies</h4> <h4>Family</h4> <h4>Acquaintances</h4> </div>
Green Topic Starter

Oh sweet! Thanks <3

Hopefully I'll be able to center things without blowing something up.

Then I can work on figuring out how to center the other things XD. I'm not 100% convinced I've managed to center things~
If you open that box up, it highlights the object you're looking at (and if all else fails, you can add badly-colored borders or background to see).

In Google Chrome, you can just right-click on something and select "Inspect Element," and it'll usually take you right to the inner-most object you clicked on. You can also type ctrl+shift+i or in the menu, for to Tools > Developer Tools.

In Firefox, Firebug used to be required, but the browser seems to have one built-in now (that, or I have a mod I forgot about). Again, right click and "Inspect Element," or look for "Web Developer" in the menu.

In recent versions of Internet Explorer, you can again right-click and select "Inspect Element." Alternatively, you can hit F12 or go to the gear-menu and select Developer Tools.
Green wrote:
Then I can work on figuring out how to center the other things XD. I'm not 100% convinced I've managed to center things~

Text, of course, is text-align:center;

Blocks with a provided width are usually done with margin: 0 auto; and sometimes by just having a equal % margin and/or padding on both sides (which doesn't need a provided width, and shouldn't unless you want to math things up).

:)
Green Topic Starter

Hmmmmm, I think I need to look at this once I've slept XD. Now I have the text at completely different side of the screen of each other XD.

Thanks again thought! It's much clearer now!

You are on: Forums » Help » Continue CSS Questions - Guestbooks, friendslist e

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus