Skip to main content

Forums » Help » Changing usernames?

Hello!

Relatively new to this community. :) I was just wondering if purchasing a Masquerade Mask is the only means by which someone may change their username?

Thank you, and happy writing! <3
SarahInsomnia wrote:
Hello!

Relatively new to this community. :) I was just wondering if purchasing a Masquerade Mask is the only means by which someone may change their username?

Thank you, and happy writing! <3

hi! as far as I know, the masquerade mask is the only way. According to the help article: "If you recently registered your account and made a mistake while signing up, we can fix typos for you if you submit a request for help. Similarly, if you signed up with a username that violates our terms of service, submit a help request to get it switched to something more appropriate." but otherwise they have the mask in place in order to prevent frequent name changes.

heres the article in question: Click here
Serafina Topic Starter

Got it! Thank you for clarifying. <3
Kim Site Admin

I've also historically been known to grant name changes to new users who write in to explain that they didn't understand the username should be their name as a player, not that of the character they were first intending to make a profile for. :) And a handful of times for trans users who couldn't afford to move away from their dead name, and a few other similar situations. I try to be reasonable about it.

But, yes, in general it's not supposed to be a common occurence that people flip flop usernames for the fun of it. Leads to enough confusion for the folks around them I wanted there to be at least a little speed bump in the way of doing it. :)

You are on: Forums » Help » Changing usernames?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus