Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Chemcore (1x1, Check Ad!)

Mono (played by Botol_O_Wata)

"ORDER! ORDER!" The voice of "The Wenlain Lord" Ahdren Klant boomed through the crowd, the acoustics in the hall making sure his yells reached every person in the Governmental Arche. The chattering and buzzing of the numerous people below stopped in nearly an instant, as though someone had pressed mute on a remote. The scariest and also perhaps most influential person in the Great Regime and the whole of the Pan-Wenlan empire tended to have that affect on others. "This is an issue of national security! (Y/C), my heir, has run off. I plan to live far longer than I have, but loose ends are never a tolerable thing to allow or let exist. We have given multiple opportunities to let this be resolved peacefully, so perhaps violence is the answer. Any ideas?" The room burst into chatter and Ahdren sighed, just inserting one more detail with a strained chuckle of irritation. I will have the final say, but feel free to speak your mind."

A councilman pounded on the buzzer in front of him, and looked up to Ahdren. “Sir! I propose a challenge. A challenge to…him.” The Lord reacted to this with emotionless impassivity, following the man’s pointed finger to Mono. After a moment of silence and tension such that you could cut it with a plastic fork, an amused expression befell the dictator. “Go on.” He’d say, waving his hand and lounging back. “Y-yes, sir! Right, so for a while there haven’t been threats. Your “Guard Dog” might be a bit rusty, or maybe even bad now. I have an associate who could take his place.” Ahdren laughed, the noise filled with so much venom some councilpeople appeared pale.

“Fine. If he fails to kill them within a week, he will be replaced and then put to death. However, Samuel-” He’d pause, using the council member’s family name as though to scare them even more. “Should he succeed- Well, Not only will you and everyone you love pay the price for your doubt, but taxes will triple for every citizen in the district you control. You’ll go down in history as not only a moron, but the harbinger of crisis for tens of thousands.” A collective shiver ran down the spines of every person in the room as the air seemed to chill as he finished speaking. Councilman Samuel now looked significantly more scared but a sudden boost of determination pushed through, causing his tongue to foolishly loosen.

“I accept, Sir! The glory that will come with having brought the Lord his new guard and my association with that said guard is worth my life, for I’ll have a whole new one upon success.” It was true, he would become perhaps one of the most influential men in the Pan-Wenlan empire if the correct result came to pass as not only an associate of one directly connected to the Lord, but one who proved him wrong. “This should be fun.” Ahdren would finish, leaving his seat and moving out of view. Nearby, Mono watched on with utter stillness, more excited than scared to find his way in the human world. Their species were so interesting, nothing like the "core" he was told he was.

A whistle sounded and Mono ascended the stairs to speak with his Master, his hands even still hiding the mark on his neck. "I'm going to enjoy killing him. Get this over with quickly, will you?" Ahdren chuckled madly as Mono nodded in the affirmative, the lord's last comment less a question and more an order. Meanwhile, other things were going on. In a report Ahdren would recieve later that night, Samuel was seen frantically speaking on his phone in a whisper. Unbeknownst to them, Mono had just acquired his first enemy, a bounty hunter vying for the spot of "Guard Dog."
---Time Skip---

(OOC: Set up the situation however you want! This operation is secret though, so your character should have no idea mine is coming for him. No requirements besides that.)

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Chemcore (1x1, Check Ad!)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus