Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Hey all!

SO I'M EDITING THIS BECAUSE I'M A GOOBER AND POSTED A PM IN THE WRONG WINDOW. WHOOPS.

Um, so introductions! I'm new to this site (but not new to RPing by a long shot) and hope to meet some new peeps! I like light to moderate para, drawing junk, and scopin' out cool new peeps.

Nice to meet you guys, and here's hoping we can get to know each other soon. :D;;;
Hello and welcome! If you've got any questions, don't be afraid to ask. Everyone's pretty friendly.

And yeah, there are some pretty awesome characters running around this place. ^^
Olive Topic Starter

I'm really impressed by how consistently good everyone's characters seem to be, and this seems like a nice group of people on top of that~

UHH, but I guess the big thing I'm wondering is how people usually prefer to be contacted on here? Like are private PMs the standard typically, or are thread starters usually the way to go? :0
In my experience so far, people seem to prefer to be approached PM-wise - unless it's an open RP. :O
Haha, I was wondering about that first post. It seemed weird.

So far as I can tell, contact is pretty evenly public and PM. PM is more direct and so tends to get more direct answers, though. Most RP searching is done publicly, and the RPs themselves vary. I actually had to adjust a bit to how often RPs are conducted via PM, as I'd previously developed a strong wariness of PM RP.

I feel like I'm throwing words at the screen rather than making sense at the moment.
Sanne Moderator

Welcome!! :D I'm glad you feel the profiles are generally good. We don't have any standards for them, but we encourage everyone to improve and be the best they can be.

Contact is completely dependent on one's personal preferences to be honest. If you're in any of the OOC boards, forum posts and PMs are equally desirable unless the OP states otherwise.

In IC boards, it depends on the topic. (1x1) or (Closed) topics generally don't want to be disturbed by strangers posting to ask questions or if they can join. (Open) topics or topics that don't have any such tag in the title are usually more open to in-topic inquiries. :)

Just use your best judgment for the situation at hand. When in doubt, PMs are always the most direct and non-disruptive alternative!
Olive Topic Starter

Novalyyn wrote:
Haha, I was wondering about that first post. It seemed weird.

...oh god I was so hoping nobody caught that I'ma dweeb
I have a bad habit of keeping a bunch of windows open at once, and unfortunately I got my introduction tab mixed up with the one where I was writing a PM to a dude who added me, aaah. The heart attack that followed was massive, lemme tell you. (;▽;)

And thanks, Sanne! Here's hoping my next PM attempt goes a lil better. >u>;
Welcome to RPR Olive! :D I'm glad you're enjoying it here so far :)

To add to what people have already said, sometimes you can contact a person by PM and still play in the forums after you decide in private which characters you want to use and what storyline you want to go with :) I hope you're having fun and finding lots of new RP buddies ^_^ If you have any further questions don't hesitate to ask, we're a really friendly bunch!
Kim Site Admin

Gosh, seems like there's quite a discussion on forum etiquette going on here. Glad to see you are getting your questions answered! Sorry for the late welcome, but I figure better late than never: WELCOME! :D Hope you've been having fun!

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Hey all!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus