Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Suggestion Masterlist

The more stars, the higher priority imo :)

- Profile Visibility: Friends Only ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
A way to have characters only show up to people you have friended.

- Discourage search engines, but show on the community character page ⭐⭐
I think I've read someone suggest this in the past?
A way to hide characters from search engines, but let it still show on the community character page.

- Swappable Icons ⭐⭐
A way to swap between multiple character pfps (limit 2-3 pictures), for when RPing as an AU version of that character, or maybe for masterlist character profiles that have more than one OC included.

- RPR Rewards System ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
An RPR rewards system where you do tasks to collect points to redeem for shop items or just shop items.
Which is helpful for those who don't have the money to spend on items.
The last one won't happen because most/all of the money RPR takes in through the shop goes right back into server costs so RPR and thus Kim really can't afford to implement ideas that allow for free shop items. Anything that can reduce RPR's income is very bad for the site for this reason which is why ideas for more gallery slots/character slots are also turned down for the same reason.
Ryu

I wonder if this would get used enough to justify the setting. Also I wonder if you post a LFRP ad would that ad not show up except for your friends? Might become a headache.

- Swappable Icons ⭐⭐
A way to swap between multiple character pfps (limit 2-3 pictures), for when RPing as an AU version of that character, or maybe for masterlist character profiles that have more than one OC included.

I don't see this being implemented either because each picture takes up space on Server. Also the fact you can already just change the PfP or have your AU portraits in a gallery on your profile seems to make this a mute point.
Ryu wrote:

I wonder if this would get used enough to justify the setting. Also I wonder if you post a LFRP ad would that ad not show up except for your friends? Might become a headache.

It would be a discouragement to want to respond to an RP ad if you couldn't view the character profile. If the thread doesn't show up, that would be like being blocked and having the 'don't show' option selected. Personally, I see this a bit of a pain for everyone involved.
Sanne Moderator

PK-Lucas wrote:
A way to hide characters from search engines, but let it still show on the community character page.

You can just opt to have your character profile visible to logged in users only. A profile visible to logged in users only means search engines won't index the profile as a whole because it's not visible to begin with. :) That will make it show up on the community page but not be indexed otherwise.
PK-Lucas Topic Starter

Sanne wrote:
PK-Lucas wrote:

You can just opt to have your character profile visible to logged in users only. A profile visible to logged in users only means search engines won't index the profile as a whole because it's not visible to begin with. :) That will make it show up on the community page but not be indexed otherwise.

Oh really? I would assume the name would still try and pop up on the search engine if you searched it just right. XD
Sanne Moderator

PK-Lucas wrote:
Sanne wrote:
PK-Lucas wrote:

Oh really? I would assume the name would still try and pop up on the search engine if you searched it just right. XD

Search engines index entire pages publicly visible to the internet. If you don't post your character in public, don't have them listed in a public group, or otherwise publicly display them in places non-logged in users can get to, they won't get indexed. Being displayed on the community page means the visible info would still get indexed even if the profile itself wouldn't be.

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Suggestion Masterlist

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus