Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » The Raintree Tours of Gatesville (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

For a while now I've really been craving a summer camp RP or something of the sort. I have an old location and stuff from a few years back that I've never gotten to do anything with. Basically I'd prefer to play Layla, who is the daughter of the owner of the campsite, so she's there the whole time it's opened - so we don't have to do summer, you can see when else in the extra info below. I would normally say you don't have to read it but I heavily suggest that you do, just to get more of an idea on what's going on.

So yeah: Coming of age campsite RP

Raintree Tours of Gatesville (est. 6-17-05)

-CEO: Thomas Raintree (42)
-Wife: Evelynn Raintree (40)
-Daughter: Layla Raintree (17)
-Son: Alban Raintree (15)

Northwest City Tour head rangers: Roy Beckett (51) and Siobhan Cadence (35)
Northeast Mountain Tour head rangers: Bill Everest (27) and Albert Erikson (30)
Southwest Forest Tour head rangers: Allison Aries (23) and Wayne Levi (29)
Southeast Forest Tour head rangers: Stephan Mars (33) and Carrie Romero (44)

Gatesville, Montana (fictional) is an old, small town with a lot of character and history. The NWCT rangers give tours to Raintree campers in the town of Gatesville, going over historical markers and unique places you won’t often find anywhere else on the map.

The Rising Wolf Mountain has an elevation of 9,513 feet. They would take about half a day to scale, but the NEMT rangers only climb about an hour to an hour and a half before the tour of the mountains ends. If campers want to scale the mountain, they do that on their own time.

The forested areas around the mountains, Gatesville, and Raintree campgrounds are split into two tourable areas. The SWFT rangers will give campers tours of the southwest end of the forest, mostly just hiking and enjoying the scenery. Vice versa with the SEFT rangers. There are more forests than just the southwest and southeast parts, but if campers want to hike around there, they do that on their own without a tour guide.

The Raintree family lives in Billings, Montana - about a 6 hour drive from the Raintree campgrounds. The Raintree campgrounds are open from March to October. The Raintree children do online schooling so they can be at the campgrounds with their mom and dad. When the campgrounds close, the family returns to Billings before coming back about a day and a half before they officially open once again.

Layla Raintree because I prefer to play her
unnamed.png
(Romance is optional)
Magic 10%
On very, very, rare occasions there may be unexplained, POSSIBLY supernatural events. Minor "environmental" magic. Perhaps implies the existence of a deity or supernatural entity. Or perhaps it's just tricks?
Technology 50%
Modern
Combat 40%
Unrest may be part of the setting, but any scenes that happen to involve combat may be summarized.
Romance 50%
Romance is desired but not required, and will balance evenly with other plot.

Details: Freeform, paragraphs required, long-term RP partner preferred. Will be played one-on-one.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » The Raintree Tours of Gatesville (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus