Skip to main content

Forums » Epic Week 2024 » Shadowy Symbol (SOLVED)

Please log in to participate in Epic Week challenges.

Kim Site Admin

This topic is for discussing clues and potential answers to the Shadowy Symbol in Epic Week 2024. Please stay on topic. Remember, these riddles are designed to be challenging and require a group of people brainstorming together; don't feel intimidated if you don't know the answer right away. Every little idea can help. Research is not cheating; it is expected!

Click here to visit the location of the Shadowy Symbol
I feel like this could be maybe Cyberpunk just because of the 'neon metropolis', but I guess it could just as easily be BladeRunner or something completely different.

I guess if it were Cyberpunk, then 'Valjean' would be 'John', which would probably be Johnny Silverhand. But that's a bit of a stretch I guess haha.
Dragonfire Moderator

Cyberpunk does sound like a solid guess as to what this is. But that logo looks awfully distinct, and I'm afraid I'm not familiar with it. What's it of - a gryphon? A cockatrice or basilisk?
Lai

This is definitely Shadowrun
Dragonfire Moderator

Oh, Shadowrun, of course! The eagle in the logo. XD
Oh duh 😂 I was trying to remember which Cyberpunk game my brother played that had such similar themes... I always forget poor Shadowrun 😭 Welp, I know less about that except for a few different classes and some of the female characters.... But I'll read into it a little 😁

I know there's a lot of legal stuff in the plot/history so it's a lot to dig through. I don't know if there are any experts here but I'm not one of them.
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

Congrats on solving this symbol! The answer was "Deus".

For those of you wondering how this answer could be arrived at, here's a quick explanation. :)
Prescience, designer of this riddle wrote:
Deus is an AI who escaped the restraints and took over the Renraku Arcology in Seattle. The shadow of Judgement Day refers to the Terminator series where Skynet, another AI destroys the world. Deus became sentient after it was programmed with killcodes, its own fear gave it life and it decided to not only prevent anyone from being able to control it (in the SCIRE host) but never to be under threat from anyone again. Deus, after locking down the Renraku Arcology, began a series of experiments on the inhabitants, implanting his consciousness and code in the metahumans to form a network.
Kim wrote:
Congrats on solving this symbol! The answer was "Deus".

For those of you wondering how this answer could be arrived at, here's a quick explanation. :)
Prescience, designer of this riddle wrote:
Deus is an AI who escaped the restraints and took over the Renraku Arcology in Seattle. The shadow of Judgement Day refers to the Terminator series where Skynet, another AI destroys the world. Deus became sentient after it was programmed with killcodes, its own fear gave it life and it decided to not only prevent anyone from being able to control it (in the SCIRE host) but never to be under threat from anyone again. Deus, after locking down the Renraku Arcology, began a series of experiments on the inhabitants, implanting his consciousness and code in the metahumans to form a network.

I actually came to the solution on this through a different route with more recent lore, with Deus having been unleashed-ish in Boston during the Lockdown scenario. Fused with the one dragon e-ghost, I think, I kinda forget, but still. To me the Shadow of Judgement Day made me think of the serpent Jormungundar's connection to Ragnarok and the Virus of the same name created by Pax and Winterknight in the whole Crash 2.0. event, which was also kind of a judgement day of sorts. Clue three actually made me think of the Monads created by CFD in Lockdown in that the organic personality is trapped within its own body as the CFD code takes over.

Edit: Guess 2 was going to be Dunkelzahn because of the... just weird lore fallout of his assassination/suicide/blood magic ritual during his inauguration and the resulting creation of the Children of the Dragon cult, but I got it in one so... yay! Also I guess the whole TL;DR is "I was very incorrect in my reasoning, but was right anyway, which is weird but also fun!"
Awesome work!
Dragonfire Moderator

Hahah, good work!
Thankuthanku!

You are on: Forums » Epic Week 2024 » Shadowy Symbol (SOLVED)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus