Skip to main content

Forums » Epic Week 2024 » Sword Symbol (SOLVED)

Please log in to participate in Epic Week challenges.

Kim Site Admin

This topic is for discussing clues and potential answers to the Sword Symbol in Epic Week 2024. Please stay on topic. Remember, these riddles are designed to be challenging and require a group of people brainstorming together; don't feel intimidated if you don't know the answer right away. Every little idea can help. Research is not cheating; it is expected!

Click here to visit the location of the Sword Symbol
Hmm, I found out about the second clue, but, I'm having some random thoughts that the answer might be keyblade, although I'm not sure...
Dragonfire Moderator

Hrrrrm. Something from Hades, perhaps?

Guess we're going to have to get to work on the crafting. :P
It definitely sounds Greek or Roman. 'Theater of war's would be the arena/Coliseum, etc., gladiator stuff. But it could also be like. Brutus. πŸ˜‚

Hades is a good guess I think! I didn't finish the game, or the Percy Jackson books, or... Basically any popular renditions of that mythology. I know he's in Omniscient Reader, but I haven't finished that yet, and I'm unfamiliar with Lore Olympus.

It could be Zagreas or Maximus or Brutus, 🧐 those are the guesses I'd go for off the bat
Dragonfire Moderator

The 'child of beauty' leads me to consider one of Aphrodite's kids is involved here. Or Aglaea, perhaps?
Oh, good point 😯

If it were Norse mythology applicable I'd say it's Freya's son, who was killed by thorns due to the betrayal made by Loki/Heimdall (Heimdalr?), I forget his name at the moment but I know it starts with a B. Anyway. I don't think he had anything specific to do with swords or a theater of war, although the metaphor could be subjective rather than direct.
Dragonfire Moderator

That's Baldr/Baldur, who's Frigg's son, not Freya's...

...although the two are often conflated together. Like in God of War and GoW: Ragnarok. Still had the mistletoe weakness.
Oh, whoops. πŸ‘€ Thanks, my bad.
Ilmarinen Moderator

I'm wondering if this has something to do with the movie Gladiator!
Dragonfire Moderator

There we go, there’s the third clue.
Thank you! :D

I'd thought of Gladiator but don't remember it well enough personally.

I was thinking Dante's Inferno because it said inferno, so I looked it up and there's a Dante's Inferno video game, but he primarily uses a scythe, not a sword. Lots of betrayal and a crown of thorns, though, as it's got so much Roman-Catholic influence. :P
Zagreas
Maximus
Maximus Decimus Meridius
Dante Alighieri
Baldur
Brutus
Hades

None of them worked. :,) I didn't try Brutus' full name, but oh well.
I believe medieval knights were sworn not to kill innocents, if it was something like that and they killed someone that wasn't an enemy, or betrayed their master/country for power, maybe that would work?

Or it's not really a sword and it's the Jedi all along! The Jedi and Sith, I tell you!!

Just kidding. Ummm. There's a book called The Swordsman's Oath, but I haven't read it. :/
Dragonfire Moderator

I'm getting real Berserk vibes off this one, now. Something to do with Griffith/Femto, maybe?

Edit: Nah, neither of those things. Hrrrm.
What a bonus clue! I don't get it. Seems pretty specific though! Maybe someone who introduces themselves with a lot of lineage. Or from an important family tree. πŸ€”
Dragonfire Moderator

EmperorsChildrenArmourial.png

God damnit I thought I'd escaped the 40K wiki
πŸ˜‚
The Bat symbol bonus clue "This isn't the Warhammer symbol" πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Dragonfire Moderator

This guy. Something to do with him.

The oath he breaks is a standing order to not investigate a painting of their primarch, and that's what leads to the whole dang lot of them being corrupted by Slaanesh.
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

Congrats on solving this symbol! The answer was "Lucius the Eternal".

For those of you wondering how this answer could be arrived at, here's a quick explanation. :)
Prescience, designer of this riddle wrote:
1. Chemos is his homeworld, it was a mining world and on the verge of annihilation before Fulgrim arrived. Fulgrim brought life the to the planet and made it beautiful again. Lucius was born into this beauty, but eventually turned traitor.
Lucius is a member of the Emperor's Children Legion and the whole goal of that legion was to seek perfection and through it, victory. After his betrayal and fall, his motives are less pure and they hurt him. Its still a crown, but a thorny one now.
This clue depicts Lucius' transformation from a skilled and honorable warrior "a swordsman's oath" to someone seduced by a promise of more power "the whisper of power" which is almost exactly how he fell to chaos incidentally. "dancing ever closer to the inferno's embrace" is demonstrating his gradual descent into Chaos (Capital C) and destruction, similar to historical stories about people who are drawn into tragic fates by their own ambition or personality flaws.
Incredible!!!! You're a champ, Dragonfire, lmao

I had Lucius' page open with so many others day before yesterday 😭 πŸ˜‚ probably wouldn't have guessed in a whole other week

You are on: Forums » Epic Week 2024 » Sword Symbol (SOLVED)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus