Skip to main content

Forums » Epic Week 2024 » Striking Symbol (SOLVED)

Please log in to participate in Epic Week challenges.

Kim Site Admin

This topic is for discussing clues and potential answers to the Striking Symbol in Epic Week 2024. Please stay on topic. Remember, these riddles are designed to be challenging and require a group of people brainstorming together; don't feel intimidated if you don't know the answer right away. Every little idea can help. Research is not cheating; it is expected!

Click here to visit the location of the Striking Symbol
I might be completely going off on an irrelevant tangent here, but there was a Florida house hit by some space junk (here's the BBC article about it) in April this year? It was "part of some 5,800lbs of hardware that was dumped by the [International Space Station] after it had new lithium-ion batteries installed"
Still on that train of thought (which absolutely could be completely irrelevant XD), it was released 11th March 2021 and impacted 8th March 2024, which is, I think, 1093 days (could have been the "delay between ejection and impact"), but unfortunately doesn't seem to be the answer
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

giphy.gif

You guys are SO CLOSE

EP9 ....

Congrats on solving this symbol! The answer was "EP9 nickel-hydrogen battery".

For those of you wondering how this answer could be arrived at, here's a quick explanation. :)

I wrote this riddle like... an hour after the news broke. It was too perfect. This was one of many articles: XD https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/space-junk-from-the-international-space-station-may-have-struck-a-home-in

Oh my goodness I saw so many ALMOST the answers go in I was absolutely freaking out. Great work gang! :D :D
I had not heard about this one, but that's a WILD bit of news. XD

Good work to those who figured it out!

You are on: Forums » Epic Week 2024 » Striking Symbol (SOLVED)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus