Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Collapsible/Expandable/Ordered character list

Sanne Moderator

This is a suggestion mostly affecting people with many characters. At some point, our list becomes too big, causing disruption in the general aesthetics of a profile.

It would be very nice if we could have an expandable collapse feature for the character list, perhaps customizing how many characters you'd like to have shown at once (5, 10, 15, 20, 25). This could possibly be integrated with 'featured character profiles', i.e. displaying your top 5 alts first before the rest of the list. What about creation date ordering to help identify new character profiles if the user wishes to display them like that?

The suggestion is pretty low in priority, other things need fixing first. :) But if I keep buying expansion slots for my alts until I reach 80, I'm going to need something in the future to make things more managable. From what I've gathered I'm not the only one with a lot of characters in need of profile homes, so this could be an interesting perk for people who purchased extra permanent slots?
Kim Site Admin

This is one of those perennial suggestions that keeps coming back up.

Short version: Yes, totally agree it's necessary at some point, but it's just too low priority right now. There are certainly a number of people with a lot of characters, but the site-wide average for active users is still 1.8 characters per user and has never at any point even reached a full 2 characters per user.
Sanne Topic Starter Moderator

Kim wrote:
This is one of those perennial suggestions that keeps coming back up.

Short version: Yes, totally agree it's necessary at some point, but it's just too low priority right now. There are certainly a number of people with a lot of characters, but the site-wide average for active users is still 1.8 characters per user and has never at any point even reached a full 2 characters per user.

Sounds like I'm going to have to add a couple of chars to make that average break 2 even. XD
Darth_Angelus Moderator

1.8 sounds painful for some characters ;)

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Collapsible/Expandable/Ordered character list

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus