Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Hey Hey!

Hello all,
I'm new here (obviously). I've already made three characters/pages and a few threads, so I figured I may as well introduce myself.
RL me isn't that interesting (well, not to me anyway), so I came here in hopes to get people to rp with. But, it's slow-responce. Either through email or a forum site (here, Gaia, wherever else).

Does anyone do that here?
It seems like most are into Furcadia. I haven't been on that in years.

Back to the subject at hand, though. I'm 24 very soon, and I like modern/supernatural rps. But I'm up for anything.
How do you really connect on this site?
I'm new to this... But not new to RPing in general.
I already looked through your characters and they're very interesting :) I'm not one for furcadia either, and a lot of people who employ this site for RP use it for the forum based games. If you're looking for an RP, usually people find each other by making a thread stating you're interested in starting a game. Or people find a character they like and message you.

Welcome to RPR!
Welcome to RPR!
Me, I just stalked the character pages until I found a character I thought would be fun to RP with. Though that is rather tedious. But I also just friended people on here that I talked to, and we RPed!

I'll take a look at your characters. :) What kind of 'supernatural' are you into? :)
Welcome to RPR!
Gershom (played anonymously)

Welcome to RPR :D
Quinn Topic Starter

Thanks everyone.
CelestinaGrey wrote:
Welcome to RPR!
Me, I just stalked the character pages until I found a character I thought would be fun to RP with. Though that is rather tedious. But I also just friended people on here that I talked to, and we RPed!

I'll take a look at your characters. :) What kind of 'supernatural' are you into? :)
The kind that's modern(?). Similar to settings of TV shows like Supernatural, Angel, Sanctuary, Fringe, etc.
Ah, okay. :)
(I only recognized one name of those...lol xD)
Welcome to RPR :) I love rping modern supernatural stuff as well :D *high fives*
Darth_Angelus Moderator

Welcome to RPR Quinn.

I haven't seen Sanctuary but I do enjoy the other shows you mentioned.
Quinn Topic Starter

I'm actually not a big fan of Sanctuary but it was one of the only other shows I could think of with that type of setting. xD

Thank you everyone for the well wishes.
-high fives Nikina-
Kim Site Admin

Hi! I've seen you chatting and making suggestions elsewhere on the site, so it's great to see a formal intro too. :)

There's definitely people who RP on the forums around here, you just have to find them. Sometimes making a short scene setting post with the character you'd most like to play as will get people to come out of the woodwork. Other times you need to approach specific characters and invite them. People have different styles and comfort levels about inviting themselves in.
I know of Angel and Angel Sanctuary, but I've never heard of just plain Sanctuary! I'll check it out.

Welcome to RPR! And yep, I'm one of those Furc RPers that was mentioned. :D I've done some tumblr RP recently, too, but it's mostly Dragon Age based and tends to be crack-humor and little else.
Kim Site Admin

I was never a huge fan of Sanctuary myself, but I've always considered it well worth knowing about because it was one of the very first shows to pioneer the "webisodes" format successfully. They did it at a time when no one was really sure how a show that was only online could succeed -- Granted, most people STILL aren't really sure. ;) But it was so popular that it was picked up for a full budget production by the syfy channel and is now in production of its fourth season.
My mom has me hooked on Supernatural. Though since she talked through Thor last night, dad and I are gonna talk through Supernatural today. ;)
Darth_Angelus Moderator

I felt like I should watch Sanctuary for being the first to be successful but I never got around to it.

Supernatural is a good show, I especially like how they poke fun at themselves from time to time.
Revion (played by Yuka)

Stargate SG1/Atlantis reminds me of that sort of thing, although they do a more sci-fi slant than entirely supernatural although there have been episodes with body swapping, telepathy, monsters etc.

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Hey Hey!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus