Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » A Mage Among Mages (Open)

Pluvio (played by Pantrane) Topic Starter

Pluvio started to laugh as he made his way down the cobblestone path. "That is a question we should have thought about before we volunteered."

Truth be told, he did not know what to expect himself. Pluvio barely knew what the central district was like. But here he was, walking through the edge of town.

Pluvio's voice took on a deep, but joking tone. "Some people say... It's haunted." He made a 'woo'-ing noise similar to what he thought a ghost would sound like. After a little pause he said, "But that's just a superstition."
Miriela (played by lyingsmile15)

Miriela scoffed at the Storm Mage when he made a ghost noise. "Honestly..." She muttered and rolled her eyes in the dark.

The Water Mage shook her head and focused on the path.

She was beginning to second guess the reliability of the Storm Mage. What reasonable adult makes ghost noises?
Eryx Zerach (played anonymously)

The Wizard chuckled and smiled a bit, "well, nothing to worry about, I doubt any creature will be much a challenge, anything that has risen back from the dead can fall again and I know how to make people fall quite quickly. He smiled and looked forward.

His wingtips tapped the cobble of the road and started to change to dirt, he was not bothered with getting dirty, but he was more concerned about his attire.

"Anyways, the ghosts should be no problem, everything has a shadow, and I could do what I please to the spirits of the passed, just more fun for me." He spoke with a dark laugh.

Pluvio chuckled at the reaction of the second female. He drifted a little closer to her. "And what is your name, little miss?" The two had not really spoken yet.

Clearly, he could not contain himself and just had to poke at her. He could see right through her tough exterior. She was enjoying every minute of hanging around this crowd. Just as Pluvio was. Again, the woman reminded him of his younger sister. It had been many decades since he had teased her properly.

Looking around at the people with him, Pluvio thought of what an odd bunch of travelers they all must have looked like.

Apart from the light of Sasuki's eyes, the forest around them was dark and noisy. The sound of a tiny frog calling out to its mate and then the splash it made as it jumped into some hidden pond echoed throughout the night.

Miriela frowned a bit when he called her little, but then she realized that it was in fact true... she was shorter than the other three.

She glanced up at him. "I don't feel obliged to tell you." Came her reply after a moment, she wasn't the type to tell just anyone her name. It usually required a level of trust between her and the other person. It wasn't so much that she didn't like her name, as much as she didn't like people knowing it. She didn't like people assuming a sense of familiarity with her... but both of the men seemed to not notice, or if they did they chose to ignore it.

Her gaze wandered around, not that she could see much in the dark. After a long moment of thought, she reluctantly said. "I'll tell you, if you tell me the names of all three of you."
It seemed like a fair trade off to her. Her name for theirs. Besides, she doubted they'd bother to push the subject if she relinquished her name without too much resistance.

The wizard nodded and smiled abit to her comment, "I'm Sasuki, Akane Sasuki." He commented, his form of speaking his name was odd, like an easter style of name formation, but he didn't care if people found it weird, he was happy with the way ha adressed his name.

"And they're-..." He cut off quickly as hre bit his to gue, he smiled abit and loked back and laughed a bit, "well, I have no need to speak for the ones that have mouths. I apologize for that." He spoke woth a smile.

He threw the ball of flame up in the air and created a firey balloon from it, hoping the light from the ball would make the area more light filled, comsidering it was not enough farther down and cloer to them.

"Fair enough", Pluvio said as he began to quicken his pace. "But I am hardly one to speak for everyone", he said taking on a sincere and humble tone.

The man looked up at the sky for a minute and watched the fiery display from its moment of creation. He thought for a moment about the fates and the gods and what this trip would bring.

"And I'm Pluvio."

Cobblestone bricks began to turn to a winding dirt path. A large gate lay at the edge of town. The team moved past it in their muddled, shifting formation. Barely visible at the edge of Akane's illumination, a rather large creature darted across the path in front of them. It had appeared to be a dog, but its sudden movements could have made one jump.

On the inside, Pluvio wanted to jump. But he figured there had to be some explanation for the random movement. The drow was far from home and although he was semi-nocturnal, the thought of ghosts, demons and traps had him a little spooked out.

He turned to the dark wizard. "Have you dealt with much metalwork or timekeeping in the past, Sasuki?" A slight tinge of anxiety started to creep into the mage's voice.

Pluvio placed one hand on Kiari's that had been holding onto him. It was a reassuring touch, meant to comfort her but also comforting himself.

What have I gotten myself into?

He chuckled gamely and smiled, not phased by the monster or dog, whatever it was. "Boy, do I..." He mumbled.

"My family, from where I am, is known as the hammers of the kings and makers of time, I just happen to be the in the family line who decided to pick up a staff instead of a wand." He spoke with a laugh of a calm, yet dark, individual.

"But I do dabble on other things, swordplay is something interesting to me, time and watch making is another, forging just happens to be my fourth interest."

He put up his left hand and poked out his nimble thumb, "magic," he spoke softly,

Then his index finger, "Swords and combat."

Middle, "watch making and time."

Ring, "forging and smelting."

End finger. He paused for a moment and smiled, "well..." He spoke as he put his hand back down and shook his head, the lights from his eyes disappearing as he close his eyes, "the last one is... Undecided, but I am not ready to disclose anything else." He chuckled and waited for the creature to lunge.

"Excuse me, miss," he turned his head to the brown haired woman of whom the name was a mystery. "How fast are you at making water?" He questioned with a smirk.

Miriela nodded silently as each man gave their name. She wasn't going to share her name until the woman shared hers.

Whatever was moving in the dark made her nervous, but she didn't show it.

When Sasuki asked her to make water, she grinned a little. "In a humid environment like this? I can get you several gallons in a matter of seconds. Shall I?" She lifted her hand slightly, preparing to collect water on command.

He smiled a bit evilly and nodded, "please, luv." He spoke the words with a dark, yet smooth tone as he was prepared to make a move to hit the beast without letting it get a moment's worth of attack.

The balloon made of fire was held close and started to fade, giving the beast more room for stealth, he was aware of this move, but was not afraid, he knew what he was doing.

She nodded and pulled water from the air and the ground and any other nearby source that wasn't a living thing. It floated in a sizeable bubble of water. "Where do you want it?" Her gaze turned to where Sasuki was.

Manipulating water wasn't hard for her, not after years of practice. It felt good to be useful to someone else for once.... useful in a way that wasn't harmful to her. She shook off the thoughts and focused her energy on the water.

Pluvio saw the weapons readying and he decided to ready something of his own. Force was being escalated and who was he to stand in the way of force?

He was far from the temple where he replenished his powers. His best stone and spellbook were still charged and at his side though. One of his gloved hands raised in the air. Just barely under the fabric, you could see light. His hand was just barely glowing.

The wind just barely started to pick up, especially in the close vicinity of the mage. And just as he prepared to charge fully and hold....

A large dog with gentle eyes climbed timidly out of the bushes, obviously creeped out by the weird individuals and their strange lights and displays. She whimpered and climbed towards the brown haired girl. The dog's eyes were wide with fear.

Pluvio lowered his hand with a hrrumph.... He felt slightly embarrassed for reacting as he did. If only a drow could blush, and one could see it at night...

He saw the creature whimper out and took hold of the bubble, forming multiple pins made of ice and holding them close to the beast, getting ready to strike.

The beast was too timid and calm for the monster to be trouble. He paused and kept the pins close, but not close enough to harm or scare the creature.

He stood there for a moment with battle ready eyes, but failed to have anything done and sighed. Pulling the ice pins back and handing them to the brown haired girl, "sorry, luv." He commented as his eyes looked to the dog, not with awe or sympathy, but with disappoint, "we wasted our time." He mumbled with regret and slight anger.

He turned away from the dog and started walking again, waving to the to follow, wether or not the dog would follow was not a concern.

Miriela dispelled the ice with a wave of her hand and then crouched down to the dog's level, cautiously holding out a hand to it.

When it came close enough, she let it sniff her hand and she gently stroked its nose. "Hi there." She spoke gently, petting the dog. "Aren't you a pretty dog?" She crooned softly, scratching under its chin. "Do you have a name?"

The dog tilted its head and barked.

She smiled and continued to pet it. "I see. Well, I will call you Night, since you came in the Night." She chuckled and focused her attention on the dog, content to pet it.

As the group started to resume its course, the dog tried to run in front of Kiari and blocked her path. She looked up at her and started to whimper. Next she made her way in front of Miriela and did the same thing. The dog would just plop down on the ground, impeding movement forward.

Pluvio leaned down and studied the dog. She seemed to be frightened of something. She definitely did not want to go the way that the group intended to.

The mage reached into his satchel and pulled out a small pouch. He pulled out a piece of dried meat and tossed it to the dog. Night quickly scooped up the snack and woefully took up the space between the two women.

Pluvio turned to Kiari and said, "You know, you could probably put some spells from these two in your spellbook as well." He pointed to the others as he spoke.

He was still excited about her starting off on the way of the Storm Mage tomorrow.

He smiled a bit as he was no longer displeased, laughing a bit as she started to become more comforted with the dog that just arrived,

"Oh, of course." He sneered jokingly, "the guy who talked to you for a good fifteen minutes over things and you are comfortable with the dog than you are with me." He chuckled with a soft smile, he wasn't trying to bother her with his comments, but he was more in the mood to jest with her, maybe let her know he is not a serious man most of the time,.

That and to lighten the mood.

Miriela was content to let the dog do as it pleased, patting it on the head from time to time. It was clear she liked animals, whether she was willing to admit it or not.

When Sasuki made a jab at her, she smirked a little and responded. "Goes to show how much more likeable a dog is compared to you." She teased, her tone taking on a light humor. A soft laugh escaped her, but then she reined herself back in and closed off again.

Her eyes trailed to the other woman, but then focused on the dog.

He scoffed and looked away, "how foolish, a canine is more likable the I." He spoke with a smile.

He was never the one to boast of himself and taking pride in himself, he was never interested in doing such. He smiled a bit more to her laugh and walked over to the dog slowly. He knelt down in front of the dog and gently patted it on the head.

"He is quite likable.." He spoke softly and smiled a bit more, glancing over to the nameless woman, he wanted to know her name, but dreaded her deal was drug out for so long. He endured the wait and continued to pet the creature.

"Shenta, morrosee iinto..." He mumbled softly, the words he spoke seemed like complete and under blasphemy, but the dog turned its head to him he chuckled softly and shook his head.

He stood up and looked to the tower, his patience was there and full, but his angst was getting to him.

"Pluvio, Kiari, shall we move on?" He spoke with slight demand, unaware that he spoke her name, nor did he care anymore.
Kiari (played anonymously)

"I'm Kiari, " she told the woman with a soft smile.

Her hand dropped away from Pluvio as tension settled around them while something stirred in the night. Her hands formed into fists, her fingernails digging into her palms in order to arouse pain to help her focus through each beat of her heart as it been to quicken if fear. When the dog came out, she exhaled and realized she had been holding her breath. The relief of the it only being a dog relaxed her. She almost laughed at how ridiculous she had been afraid when it had turned out to be a mut. When it crossed her path, she bent at the hip and ran her fingers across its fur.

"Poor girl," she murmured soothingly to the beast.

Pluvio pried her attention back to him and she stood up with her head titled. He seemed more than certain that the interview with the elders would go well. Kiari had doubt, especially if one of them were aware of the blood that ran in her veins. Mentally, she cursed her father's birthday but outwardly, she maintained a blank expression.

"Remind me after I get their approval," she said.

She gave him a smile that didn't quite reach her eyes. More than anything, she wanted to believe in his optimistic attitude but she couldn't help but dread the possible rejection.

"Yes, we should move quickly," she agreed.

Akane made it difficult to be comfortable around him, but she was thankful to have three powerful people there with her. In her dress pocket, she fiddled with the stone Pluvio had given her and thought about the possible reward awaiting them after the mission. There was nothing anyone could give her that she wanted. Kiari started walking once more, wanting nothing more than to get the job done quickly.

He started to march forward toward the gates with a determined sneer on his face. He looked back to see if any were following, surprisingly Kiari was not the tail of the group, in fact she was behind him.

He was slightly shocked at the fact that she was close to him in the idea of moving forward, but he supposed she was as anxious as he was to get into action, though he would find it weird for a woman who has nothing but farming and crop catering under her belt eager to fix a giant clock and fight off some kind of creature, she was ill-equip and headstrong, but he liked that, a bit.

He made it to the gates and looked it up and down, seeing a lock and smiling a bit as he took a moment to look over to the Kiari,

"Are you a thief?" He questioned our of curiosity..

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » A Mage Among Mages (Open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus