Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » um... hi?

Um... I guess I'm supposed to introduce myself... so... hi? Maybe? *uncertain expression*
lyingsmile15 Topic Starter

.... I guess I'll just introduce myself since I'm just alone here... *takes a deep breath* Hi. I don't really want to share my name. But I play female characters, mostly, I can play male characters but I'm not good at it and I don't like it... I don't get the point of this site at all. ^^; I've never actually used an RP site like this... I used a poetry site for a while that had lots of RP groups... that's how I got started really. I can do long stuff or short stuff. I'm not particularly good with Sci-fi or Comedy... and I'm squeamish so I'm probably not good for horror either. But I can do pretty much anything else. *hides in a corner*
*lassos and drags away from the corner*

Greetings and salutations, new person :3
Don't worry, we don't bite around here (too much), though some of us (certainly-not-me-oh-no-way!) may act a bit grumpy - but that's likely not anyone's fault :P

What do you mean you "don't get the point of this site"? Is it that this is a website specifically for roleplaying? Or the format? (it can be a bit of a handful to get used to) I'm just confused on the working there o.o

Hi. :)
I'm not good with new people. heh.

I don't really understand the format. Like why the roleplays are called "games"... I don't get it. But I've never been on a site for only RP so I'm just totally new to the set up and such.
Welcome! I'd recommend checking out the help page, especially the Getting Started stuff. I'd link you, but I'm on my phone at the moment.

There's no need to be shy, everyone is pretty friendly here. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask, even if you think it's stupid. :)

Okay. I'll try reading that and see if it helps

Thanks!
Sanne Moderator

Welcome to the site! :D

The reason RPs are called 'games' on here is because that's what they are - games to play a role in. ;) There are also many people who LARP, tabletop, play roleplaying games etc. so it makes sense to refer to roleplays as game interchangeably. It's just another word for the same thing though!

The focus of RPR is actually not just for roleplay. It was initially created as a profile creator, to host people's profiles and make them look pretty and convenient, with special features that cater to roleplayers' specific needs which other sites don't offer. We have groups and public RP forums of course, but don't feel obligated to do everything. If you just want profiles, you can just have profiles. ;) If you want to RP, you can RP! If you want to run a group, you can make and run one!

Some people also purely use the site for socializing and talking about roleplay, but don't really get around to doing it.

So whatever makes you happy is what you can do. :)

http://www.rprepository.com/help/index.php

Look at the section "Better Roleplay For Everyone" for more info specifically on roleplaying. The other topics are super useful too though. ;)

Thanks!

Aaah... that makes sense, I guess XD

I'm not new to RPing.

Also, I see you like ponies. Who is best pony?
Sanne Moderator

Rarity is best pony! (I'm sporting nightmare Rarity ;D )

Also I wasn't sure how new you were! But the help section has a lot of great stuff in it that I encourage even seasoned roleplayers to page through. It's got a lot of examples of what this community is used to. :)

That's a strange way to spell Fluttershy. ;P

I will give it a read. ^^
Sanne Moderator

Make sure to say hi to Ross while you're at it. ;)

Okay. XD
Welcome to RPR lyingsmile15! I hope that you're finding it less confusing and easier to get around now. If you have more questions don't hesitate to ask, everyone is super friendly around here :)

Thank you!

I'm getting the hang of things. It seems to be all set up in an efficient way for the most part.
Kim Site Admin

Glad to hear you are finding your way around okay so far! :) But do feel free to ask questions as they come up, even if you've been here for a year and feel as if you should already know. We're all friendly. :)

I am. I definitely like this site a lot so far. Everyone is so nice!!
Thank you for being willing to help. :)

You are on: Forums » Introductions » um... hi?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus