Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Character Notes!

I would very much like it if there were some way, somewhere, to attach notes to characters, notes that only the person who writes them can see. It'd be mostly for storing helpful details like stating when a particular character met yours, or putting small things meant for a character's player's reference in a place that isn't public, like links to roleplaying aids such as language translators, or plot notes they're not yet ready to make available to everyone who looks at the character's public profile.
Kim Site Admin

I was JUST thinking about something like this last night! I am the world's most forgetful forgetter when it comes to people I've met in RP. I used to save every single log of every scene ever, but it's hard to look through everything you've ever done just to say hi. ;)

I was thinking it would just be a secret "text file" for each character of your own to keep a log in, but are you talking about some kind of sticky note system where you could slap notes on other people's characters as well? (But no one but you could read them, of course)
ARCHITECT Topic Starter

I do like the character text file idea, but a sticky note thing would be cool, too! Alternately, if it would be more simple that implementing a way to do that to other characters, maybe just have a hidden text file you can edit from the dashboard where you can record anything you want, so people can keep all the folks they've met in one place, or something.
Revion (played by Yuka)

This idea I like :)
Darth_Angelus Moderator

With or without the actual appearance of a sticky note?
Ilmarinen Moderator

I like this idea! However, I also like the idea of having a file for each character, not one for all put together. I like to keep 'em separate. I think it would be best if it weren't a flat text file, but more like a private HTML file you could edit with BBCode and whatnot for better organization.

Though the sticky notes have me intrigued as well. ;) Putting stickies up on other peoples' characters is nice too but I imagine would increase the complexity by a lot. But I like the idea of being able to pin a sticky note in various places. For instance, where I say my character speaks another language, pin a sticky note with language resources like Wizrad said.

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Character Notes!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus