Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Hey there

Hello to anyone who's reading this introduction post!

I am a brand new member. I go by the name Elithian, ElithianFox, Eli or just Sara. Or anything you can make from my screen name.

So some basics. I originate from Belgium, where English only recently became a second language in school. I was raised being taught Dutch and French and only later on got thrown into English lessons with a little knowledge from using the internet. My horrible grammar and word choices may show up from time to time, so please bear with me here. I am interested in video games such as WoW, Skyrim, DII and Minecraft and I am a digital artist who's looking to study in that general direction.

Now on to the roleplaying stuff. Thanks to deviantART I was introduced to this site, and I already love it. This is the first time I am using a RPing site to find some new partners to roleplay with. I've been roleplaying for more than a year now and it all started with friends on Facebook in script style. Meanwhile, I have advanced to writing in paragraph style and the improvement is visible.

I really LOVE original medieval fantasy! I have a world full of characters based on it and I have a hard time going in other directions with them. Should you be interested in the genre, feel free to message me! (Or whatever it is called in this place)

Now that that's done, I am still a bit lost in all the pages this site has. Perhaps a quick introduction to this all is in place?
Hello and welcome! You've actually come during a good time - Epic week has just started, and there's contests and such right now. :)

To get your bearings, the beginner's guide might prove useful, as may other items among the help pages. If you have any questions in particular, don't hesitate to ask. Everyone here is super nice. ^_^

Also, your grammar seems just fine to me - better than a lot of folks who speak only English!
Sanne Moderator

Hello fellow European!!

I'm Sanne and I'm from the Netherlands. :) (So yes, I speak Dutch. No French though.) We have a bunch of Belgiums on the site, such as Rynh. Don't worry too much about your English, as long as you do your best and follow the rules, you're all set. ;)

En als je ooit hulp nodig hebt maar je komt er niet uit in het engels, laat het me weten, ik help je graag. :D
Loren

Hi, welcome to the RPRepository! It's a great site, I myself just found it quite recently :) I'm sure you'll like it here :D

I can also relate with the whole second language thing XD I'm portuguese myself. Like Sanne said, as long as you try your best with the grammar, you'll be fine. The Looking for RP forums are also good to find games/roleplays to join, too. Or if you need something quick, there is also the Find RP engine.
Kim Site Admin

Welcome to the site! The warmth and thoughtfulness with which you introduced yourself is a good sign that you will get along beautifully here. :)

The site started life as a profile builder for RP characters, and has eventually expanded into many social media features, forums, and even groups that let people come together and store their world-building information all in one place and have their own private forums for more focused play. I've put a lot of work into making things as user friendly and intuitive as possible, but I'm always working on updates and refinements, so please do feel free to ask questions and make suggestions when you run into any moment of difficulty or confusion!
Welcome to RPR! I love medieval fantasy too, it's such a fun genre. Everyone here is super friendly so I'm sure you'll find some RP in no time! :D Also I'm impressed that English is your third language, you type very well! :)
Elithian Topic Starter

Thanks everyone ^^

I have been familiar with the English language since I was ten, but I never really got to use it until the internet. In a way, it taught me quite a few things I know now when it comes down to language. Then again, my French and German are horrible, so I guess it's some sort of compensation.

En bedankt, Sanne c:

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Hey there

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus