Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Lonesome Android in the City (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

I'm looking for someone to one-on-one RP with my android character Renatus. The RP will take place in a futuristic world (about 100 or 200 years in the future) where artificial intelligence and robotics have developed enough to create androids that are almost indistinguishable from humans. However, androids are expensive to create and many people are still wary of what they consider to be human imposters. Renatus, an android who no longer has an owner after his died prior to the beginning of the story, faces the various difficulties surrounding what it means to be robotic in a largely human world.

My RP partner should be mature and sophisticated in their writing and storytelling. Several short paragraphs will probably be the ideal RP format, though I am flexible as long as the story progresses with each interaction. A human or android character would be fine for this RP. Some ideas for characters are: human library worker who develops a friendship with Renatus, android friend who meets Renatus again after several years, a human funeral parlor owner who is helping Renatus sort out the estate of his owner...etc. etc.! Anything you come up with should be fine, but the more developed you character is the more interesting the story will be.

I don't mind harsh language but it should be used within reason (a character that swears every other word is a little much). This isn't a story that will involve shootouts or back-alley stabbings, but the occasional bodily accident is fine. Romance is not the goal of this RP, but if that's where the story progresses to that's works for me (who doesn't like a robot in love?).

Also - if the RP runs well I'll be happy to draw out art of your character(s) or any of the scenes our story takes place within. I'm looking for more than just a story-telling partner; I would like to be friends with you too!
Five20

I'm already sold! Coincidentally, I had thought of making my character Beau a funeral home owner for quite some time, but the plot you've thought up sounds great despite that. I'll send you over a PM right now :)
Omega-C17 (played by ShadowFall)

Omega would gladly join you if possible at all

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Lonesome Android in the City (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus