Skip to main content

Forums » Help » Unable to buy character slots

I tried to buy 5 character slots but it says this site has not brought a certificate or something. My computer gave me warnings so I turned back. Has this happened to anyone else. I am wanting to get some new character slots. D=
Sanne Moderator

Oh bugger, there's a few things happening.

1. The paypal button is broken, so you can't checkout with Paypal, leaving you with only the default credit card payment page. After I submitted a bug report with screenshot and while writing this, it seems the button came back!

2. The default credit card payment page appears to be lacking an up to date security certificate:

"The site's security certificate has expired!"

Chrome explains it as follows:
Quote:
When you connect to a secure website, the server hosting that site presents your browser with something called a "certificate" to verify its identity. This certificate contains identity information, such as the address of the website, which is verified by a third party that your computer trusts. By checking that the address in the certificate matches the address of the website, it is possible to verify that you are securely communicating with the website you intended, and not a third party (such as an attacker on your network).

For a certificate which has not expired, the issuer of that certificate is responsible for maintaining something called a "revocation list". If a certificate is ever compromised, the issuer can revoke it by adding it to the revocation list, and then this certificate will no longer be trusted by your browser. Revocation status is not required to be maintained for expired certificates, so while this certificate used to be valid for the website you're visiting, at this point it is not possible to determine whether the certificate was compromised and subsequently revoked, or whether it remains secure. As such it is impossible to tell whether you're communicating with the legitimate website, or whether the certificate was compromised and is now in the possession of an attacker with whom you are communicating.

Basically, this tells us that Chrome (or whatever browser you're using) can't verify that the site is okay and secured, so it warns you that something may be amiss. You CAN proceed and pay for your order, but the browser cannot guarantee that your payment info will be secure and that you're not paying to a third party site.

Paypal should be a safe option to pay with right now, so see if you can checkout using Paypal?

For future reference, things concerning the RPR store are best dealt with by contacting Kim directly, either by form, email address or phone. These topics can sometimes go by unnoticed for a day or two (like weekends) while Kim's out.
Kim Site Admin

I missed the renewal date because I was doing too many things. :P It will be back up shortly!
Dreath Topic Starter

Ok thanks =D

You are on: Forums » Help » Unable to buy character slots

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus