Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Ohaithar

I just realized that there was a forum on this site. >.>; Took me long enough to realize. xD So I'll take it as a chance for an introduction. c:

My name is Icetra, but everyone calls me Ice for short. ;x I'm pretty much okay with any sort of RP that doesn't involved too much modern day st00f. As it as now, I'm stuck in the old days. xD
I've been RPing since I was 9, so it's been about ... like 8 years. Frankly, it's quite a stress reliever.

I'm trying to become a writer, so I work on my RPing skills from time to time, but it just doesn't click. >.> Luckily, I got you fine folks. c:<
So, uhh, that's pretty much it. D: Or that's what my empty brainz is telling me. *waves* 8D
Ece (played by Yuka)

Hehe, I didn't start using the forums til recently so we are in the same merrily-sailing boat! *waves back*
'bout time you got involved. x3

Officially: Welcome to RPR! :D 'tis awesome here. And YAY for trying to become a writer! *highfive* And also yay for RPing since the young days! Though I think I was between ten and twelve when I started.

:D
Icetra Topic Starter

LOL. :P
Thanks, you guys. x3 Such a warm welcome~

Yeah, well, writing has been an addiction of mine since I was little. xD But my work is still flawed. ;c
Sanne Moderator

Welcome~!!!! It's always good to see new faces, especially raindrops with happy faces on them :D

If you need anything don't be afraid to give us a holler :3
*waves* Ello! Welcome to RPR! Who started rping at the age of nice that's awesome! :) hope you like it here! I love it
Twilight Sparkle (played by The_Ross)

A fellow aspiring writer! I hope you enjoy yourself here.
Hi, y'all. I'm Jay. I like to RP, I like to write.

rolled 2d20 and got 29

Minerva

Welcome Ice. From one amateur writer to another, lemme tell you something: While RP can be good to hone new ideas, don't worry about your "RP Skills" being sharpened as a writer. RP actually gets people into some very bad writing habits. I used to think RP would help me hone my writing skills but when I got down to actually writing my novel I came to realize just how atrocious certain habits, which were considered amazing by RPers as it showed up actively, really were. We type as we go, we may proof-read our post once, and we often depend on spell check. We rarely prune through for minor grammatical offenses, nor do we go through the appropriate five, ten, even fifteen drafts you should expect of just about anything you're editing with due intention. It sets us into active patterns that we never adjust, and it thereby instills it in us habitually where we don't even realize we're making a trespass.

So be careful. Sure, use RP to test new ideas. Just... don't fall into the same problem I did, I'm still breaking the bad habits RP gave me.
Icetra Topic Starter

Man, everyone here is quite the friendly sort. o:
It's been a short time, but I'm already loving the community.

The thing is, RP is one of the reasons why I was inspired to write. It helped me develop the species that I made, the ideas, theories... alot of stuff that are still, in the works. xD
However, I do notice some problems from time to time, and the more I realize it, I see the pattern. Hence why Creative Writing class is being so good to me. xD Even before all that though, I'm very serious about my grammar, and if there was a time that I messed up, well... I r ready to pass out.
So, with THAT being said, I know what you're saying. Mainly now RP is to bring out new ideas, as Furcadia has been a huge source of my theories.
Thanks for that. x3
Minerva

Ah, man. There was a day I thought I was great with my grammar too. Amidst the online crowd I was the grammar nazi of our local clique. And then... well, I started writing seriously and studying english more officially and realized how many faux pas I was really making. I'm still mending my ways. I am, however, greatly behind using RP to rough draft ideas. Almost every character you'll see in my profile has something to do with a book or comic I'm writing more seriously in another medium. Save for... Itachikiritsu, which is just a super-old character from early RP days that I still play.
Icetra Topic Starter

Same here. All of my characters are involved in my story, one way or another. Some I've altered the path of the plot to see if I could get any new ideas, or if there was any need to change it around, but that's only for...one.
Grammar nazi... lol, I forgot about that 'title'. xD
Icey and Dark are by far the center characters, so it's slightly more different with them. I did change things with Dark though, since I find his situation not a bad thing to put in the book. (Reminds me that I gotta add my other characters. xD)
I haven't gone through all of your characters, but each one has quite an interesting history. o:
Minerva

Your characters are interesting too, though I have no idea what Darkra's races are LOL.
Icetra Topic Starter

Getting around to add a Race section. xD

Darkra is a hybrid of Human/Phoenix, one of the first mixed races to ever be seen in the System. Usually a mixed race doesn't bode so well when having a child, since those parents have two different Essence signatures. It'll cancel, and the child will die, but strangely these beings didn't.
Though, Darkra isn't a naturally born Pharashian. He slayed, devoured, and drank the blood of countless Pharashians to covet their legendary powers. The only natural one is the Voikaden race, pretty much the denizens of the Void. The first beings of the land, but are now considered the shadows of the Realm of Light.

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Ohaithar

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus