Skip to main content

Forums » Help » Columns shrinking images in Chrome?

Tullah (played anonymously)

I've got a page on my site that makes use of columns to keep some text neat, with images next to the text in separate columns.

In Firefox, it looks like this:
9b52937b9da2da0d1fe3597477b8c603.png

But in Chrome it apparently looks like this?
41765facf3e1faaae1b9fc5fe2ca41c1.png

Is there any way I can fix this without completely tearing my bbcode apart?

The code looks like this:
Quote:
[ columns ][ b ]TITLE[ /b ]
[ size=2 ]Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, in timeam delenit blandit sit. Quo cu utinam ornatus. Mundi appellantur sea eu. Sed alii nostro argumentum ne. Mei no meis prima omnes. Ne dicat labores propriae sea.

Nec tollit eligendi postulant et, vim in legimus mediocrem vituperatoribus. Sapientem patrioque assentior sed no, ex inani tempor nam. Sit wisi recusabo no, quo democritum reprimique neglegentur te. Ad nec assum ignota nominavi, ex pri ocurreret efficiantur. Vis in civibus lobortis neglegentur. No prodesset argumentum delicatissimi quo, in mel veritus habemus.[ /size ]
[ br ]
[ indent ][ collapse=✒ Read More. ][ i ][ u ]TITLE:[ /u ][ /i ]
[ size=2 ]
Ne brute error diceret his, ei pro postea nonumes. Audiam eleifend quo ex, no utinam causae minimum mel, ex vidit praesent eum. Suas aeque ancillae ea mea. Et alii tincidunt sed, iriure constituam ad his. Cu duo enim idque, homero complectitur mea ea. Id sit alii aliquando sententiae, reque ridens ut pri, minim tantas salutatus id nec.

Sea te dolore altera sensibus, sonet dicunt oblique ut sea. Ut aeque fabulas definitionem vim, nam ea magna delectus. Ea usu diam harum, his singulis tincidunt expetendis id. Aeque assentior tincidunt an cum. Te vim wisi tamquam, vel unum molestie officiis ut. Sit summo pericula ut, solet audire nominavi ad mel.

Ut est justo omnes detraxit. Dico everti platonem ea nam, nihil tacimates qui et. Ei usu dolor voluptaria, vix viderer bonorum nostrum ne. Duo cu quem enim integre. Cum at noster iudicabit laboramus, id cum autem lorem.[ /i ])[ /size ][ /collapse ][ /indent ]
[ nextcol ][ br ][ indent ][ center ]•••[ /center ][ img title="The Popess (Tarot), Artist Unknown" ]http://i.imgur.com/beObCcx.png[ /img ][ center ]•••[ /center ][/columns ]
[ br ]
Kim Site Admin

Oh dear! Yes, Columns are treated wildly differently in different browsers, to the point where I didn't actually want to tell anyone they existed for like the first two years of us having BBCode because I was afraid of the total confusion and cross-browser fails they would expose us to. >.>

The one thing that I hve found that seems to work well as a workaround to all manner of columns not scaling correctly is periods, like so: . . . . . . .

Since Chrome seems to be deciding that columns containing text are more important, you can drop subtle text like that into a column with only an image (or a column meant as a spacer), and it will usually decide to scale that column a little smarter.

If you use the color BBCode to make the periods match the color of the background (particularly effective with templates like this one where the background is a solid color!), they won't even be visible. :)

You are on: Forums » Help » Columns shrinking images in Chrome?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus