Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Forgotten secrets of the past [Open!]

Minerva Heinlein (played anonymously)

Jegawa, a jungle infested backwater planet. Once the sight of a secret research facility conducting all manners of science and advanced technology...or so the rumors said. Some stories speak of a beacon that occasionally activates, for what purpose it would have is unknown. Occasionally adventurers and others come, looking for fame, glory or power from whatever technology might still be inside. Some never to return and others driven mad by the search.

Deep in a particularly thick area of jungle on the planet, a beacon begins to go off. The messages only gives coordinates followed by a garbled recording of a woman's voice, the only distinguishable word 'help'
Felix Grey (played by Cabbage)

(Hey, can I join?)
Minerva Heinlein (played anonymously) Topic Starter

((yeah go ahead. I was waiting to see the additional))
NOBLE Team (played by Chris_Pike)

A dropship flew just above the trees of the forest planet, On board were five men and a woman checking their weapons and armor, They were known as Carter, Kat, Jun, Emile, Jorge, and Noble six seeing as he never gave his name out to everyone he met. Carter was looking at one of the walls of the Dropship with a computer on it

"that area has been giving of beacons for sometime now, scientists have been recording data from it for awhile and we have been able to get rough location of the labs down there, Command has since declared that location a valuable target and you have been ordered in, seeing as the message has requested help" A man's voice came from the computer, Carter nods to the Screen

"We will get it done colonel" Carter says and turns off the com and looks at the others in the Dropship "Alright team, you heard Holland, we have a large area to search for some sort of building that has been giving off a distress signal for sometime now" Carter says and the back of the dropship opens and they all jump out

"With all due respect sir, shouldn't command be leaving this to the ODST's or the Marines?" Jun asked looking around where they had landed

"Command does not want to take any chances on unknown planets, He said we were the best team suited for this kind of work" Carter says moving up

"As long as there is something to shoot..." Emile piped up following Carter.

Noble six kept a look out as they came up to the research facility

Suddenly, a small, one-man vessel streaks across the sky. Inside, Felix Grey is messing with the complex interface, trying to slow his ship's decent. After a few moments of panicked tapping, flipping, and pulling, he manages to engage the Anti-Velocity Atmospheric Dissipation Unit, or more simply put, the brake. His ship, "The Peregrine", begins loosing speed, but it soon becomes obvious that he's not going to stop in time. Switching on the emergency life support system, Felix braces for the oncoming impact. The ship slams into the desolate jungle planet, creating a loud boom and scattering the planet's exotic wildlife.
Matt Aceves (played by lunan)

Matt was holding in vomit as he looked over the helicopter's edge, down at the thick rainforest hedges. He'd never liked heights at.all . Even ferris wheels were off limits to him and everyone else around him.

"We're landing in fifteen minutes!" He heard, then looked at the pilot, who hadn't said it, then next to him at the red head who'd mysteriously been on the helicopter since they last stopped for gas. She'd been the one who'd said it, he was sure, and he nodded at her.

The beacon's message becomes clearer as the distance to the facility decreased, though it's message was galactic standard (English) it was still garbled. The word help was clear, along with what sounded like death. It was clearly a recording as he sounds of gunfire could be heard in the brief sections of clear message followed by the very clear sound of ripping metal.

As the smoke and dust from The Peregrine cleared the corner of what looked to be a guard shack, partially choked with jungle growth, the ships crash having uncovered the now visible corner of the building, along with a small portion of rusted fencing.

Carter jumped when the ship had hit the earth, as did the rest of the team "Jun and Jorge your with me! Kat Emile and Six figure out whats inside of that building!" Carter says and runs off with the others to the ships crash sight

Six nods and walks inside the building with Kat and Emile, Emile liked closed in spaces like this, this was when his shotgun came most handy "I'll take point" Emile says and moves up in front of Six and looks around, Kat kept an eye on their backsides while Six looked around at the sides trying to find anything leading to either the distress beacon, or whoever placed it

Carter Jun and Jorge got to the crash sight of The Peregrine rather quickly despite the distance between both targets and they looked around "Anyone alive in there?" Jorge called out moving some of the wreckage around

Hearing voices, Felix shakes himself momentarily from his daze. "Yeah, I'm here. I need some help getting this stuff off me, though." His voice is strained, and it doesn't sound as though he's totally lucid, but hes definitely alive.

[for now I'll continue posting as 'narrator' until the proper time etc. for my actual character. Just a heads up]

The partially uncovered shack, upon closer inspection had one side riddled with holes. A sign was by the door, the words 'Heinlein Institute' barely readable. the inside much the same as the outside. Objects scattered around on the floor, even a broken picture frame, the picture inside long rotted away. On the side of the shack still covered by jungle the remains of a gate and a road leading deeper into the jungle could be seen through smashed windows. Visible are the signs of some long ago conflict, the nearly rusted through hulks of two utility vehicles, the burnt out hulk of a helicopter, a tank, a section of it's turret literally melted away. It all worked together to give the impression that something terrible had happened here.

The beacon that had until that had until that point been repeating it's message constantly suddenly stops.

Six looked around uneasy, from the looks of things there had been a major battle here. he clicked the safety off on his assault rifle and looked around carefully, CAT does the same for her pistol and she checks around and points at the floor "the beacon just went out" she says and looks around the room trying to get it back, Emile smirks "Too bad I was not here" He says chuckling and looks around pulling one of the turret off the helicopter, Kat groans in annoyance and starts pulling things apart and looking for any bodies or ID's, "I have a feeling you would not have, It seems this was quite the fight Emile" Cat says and pulls the rotter blades off the helicopter "Exactly Kat" Emile says chuckling. Six rolls his eyes at their bickering and walks off into another room looking around for life signs and checking his motion tracker to make sure he would not be caught off guard.

Jorge nods to Carter, Jorge being the strongest on the team easily lifts the stuff off of Felix and helps him up "there we go!" he says and looks around, Carter looks at Felix "tell us, what happened? why did you crash?" Carter asks folding his arms as Jun looks around to make sure they were not being spied on

As soon as Matt felt his copter' s center of gravity shift drastically, he promptly grabbed a parachute and catapulted himself out of the open side of the aircraft.

Immediately all thought was wiped from his mind. It wasn't normal for him to do this, and so he panicked because he was panicking, so layer upon layer of panic stacked upon him as he looked down from 40,000 feet, quickly descending to 35,000. Every ounce of reasoning was bleeding out of his ears, it seemed, as the air whipped it out behind him, leaving him forgetting about how quickly he was descending and that he even had a parachute on. He wasn't calculating how long he'd have to pull the cord, he wasn't thinking about the consequences of not pulling the cord so that he would, he was just thinking about the adrenaline crashing through him like a sucking, drowning wave. Everything on him felt like a cold burn was going through it.

The instructor that had certified him for this had even prepared him for this adrenaline. He'd told Matt that it was the scariest thing ever the first time, that he would have his breath sucked out of him, but he'd have to remember to pull the cord.

Butt was Matt listening to him? No. Over the years, he'd figured that he knew more about everything than anyone, but was learning very quickly that some things took experience to be learned.

Almost too late, he calmed himself down enough to remember to pull the cord. He calculated using his almost always spot on depth perception, deciding that he should pull it... now.

He landed in an attempted roll, ending up with a twisted ankle and horribly sprained wrist. He let out a cry of pain at each, since he'd never even had a cramp, and cradled his hand, staying there for about twenty minutes while the initial first shock of it died down. He may have been exaggerating, but he'd always been a drama queen.

Freed from the wreckage, Felix stared blankly at his rescuers for a while, not registering their question. After a few dazed moments, Felix regains the ability to form coherent thoughts. "Oh, uh, I was traveling to the nearby FTL outpost when my Warp Drive skipped a pulse. A long time ago, when I built it, I thought that it would max out at 2 Million rotations, but I guess I over-estimated it's ability. Anyways, when I was notified that the Warp Unit was running low, I used the last few rotations to direct it to the nearest beacon coordinates, which just so happened to be coming from this planet." Taking a breath, Felix looked around at the wreckage of his ship. Seeing his pride and joy in pieces reminded him of something odd. "Hey, um, something unusual happened as I was entering the atmosphere. Even though my ship was running low on FTL rotations, it still had enough power to warp safely to this planet. However, right as I closed in, something knocked out my Warp Drive, causing me to go into free fall. It wasn't an Anti-FTL field, as my ship would've sensed that long before hand, so that means something on this planet created an extremely concentrated burst of Anti-FTL particles. It's almost as if I was... shot down."

Any active motion tracker suddenly become extremely active, the signal's following the ruined road deeper into the jungle, where another building could barely be seen. It looked like the main building even from the distance. A radio communications jammer also kicks in, a powerful one, though it seemed local channel's would be clear, or almost as a very faint voice came over the line, the word help being repeated ever few moments.

Six gulps seeing his motion tracker go wild and spun his rifle around looking down the area and walked down the halls and kept looking around rapidly seeing as he could no longer rely on his motion tracker. He continues on and keeps an eye out for anything sticking out

Kat and Emile keep looking at their area, and they kept looking and Kat stops in her tracks and looks at Emile "...strange... my Motion Tracker is going off the radar" she says and Emile chuckles "Ha...I get in... Motion tracker is a radar...off the radar" he says sarcastically, Kat rolls her eyes "that was unintentional..." she says annoyed and then pulls up some rubble and kicks a small rock at Emile and he looks at her "thanks for sharing" he says sarcastically

Jorge looks at Carter, and then Carter looks at Felix "Strange... are ship and Pelican entered orbit with ease..." he says and thinks for a moment, Jorge then speaks up "he might have triggered a security measure, that only covered a small part of the planet" he says and looks around and sees part of the building that Felix's ship had uncovered and motioned Carter to look, Carter did and nodded "Well since you are here, Mind coming along with us to explore this place? I can find Kat and maybe she can fix up your ride" he offered

((I decided to post some voice referral's here so you could get an idea on their voices

HERE

Please note that there are other voices in the video, only the voices marked Noble Six, Jorge, Emile, Jun, Kat and Carter are the correct voices))

Matt got up, whimpering due to his ankle, and looked around, holding his wrist lax in his left hand.

He heard a rustling behind him, then whipped around crying in anguish as his ankle reprimanded him for the action. He slumped on the ground, eyes threatening to tear, but then his self pity was interrupted by a slightly familiar redhead popping out of the foliage in front of him. He almost ran--almost--but couldn't because of his two injured joints.

"Yo--you're the helicopter girl," He said, bewildered. Already he'd estimated that unless someone had chucked them self out like he did and when he did, they would have died by now. "H...ho..how are you... how are you alive...?" He asked in confusion.

"I have my ways," She replied in an Australian accent. Matt righted himself from sprawled out and holding his torso in the air to sitting with his legs straight out in front of him.

"I can deal with that," he replied.

"Well, it doesn't seem that I've got too many other options, so sure." Felix nods, agreeing mostly out of necessity, but he had to admit the adventure sounded extremely enticing. "However, before I venture into the dark unknown with you guys, I would like to know a little more about the team."

[Currently nothing to add as narrative or the like so...skip xD Sorry it took so long, activity feed never showed it x.x]

Six kept walking down the halls and he kicked down a door with ease, it seemed too be an elevator shaft, but the elevator cable seemed to have been cut. Six looks down, then starts to climb down the shaft and continue on his search

As Kat and Emile kept looking around, Kat found some sort of crushed up data pad. She slowly picked it up and Emile looked at her "Found something?" he asks curiously and Kat shrugs "depends if I can get the data up-linked too my HUD or not" she says and tries to salvage the data and up-link it too her helmet

Carter nods and throws Felix and assault rifle, a standard issue UNSC assault rifle, the ammo count displayed on the top of the gun. "the safety is on by the way"Carter says and turns and starts too walk down with Jorge, Jun looked around "I will be right with you guys..." he says and then starts to walk off. Carter nods and takes out his DMR and he starts too move inside the building "I am Carter, Noble one, Or noble Leader as they call me" he says and points at Jorge "That's Noble five, Main forward assault member of our team" he says and Jorge looks behind him and nods to Felix "a pleasure to meet you" he says and looks back down the hall

Jun was crawling around the woods and then heard footsteps and...voices? he began too crawl up and could see two people, A man and a woman, the girl seemed to be an Australian pilot. His green armor hid him quite well in the thick foliage he was in
Mako (played by Warwick)

Mako was an experiment gone awry, the shark was intended to be a cure for degenerative brain disease. His brain was enhanced as well as added human DNA in order to make the proteins compatible for human use. The tampering of his DNA has caused him to grow two arms and legs, the beast developed lungs while still retaining its gills. nicknamed 'Project Mako' the biggest flaw with the project was that the shark now has intelligence and the ability to strategize.

Mako was sneaking around the jungles of the planet, for being nearly twelve feet tall the creature was stealthy as a big cat. Mako hungered, he stalked an armored creature, biding his time he would wait for the most opportune moment to strike.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Forgotten secrets of the past [Open!]

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus