Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » The New Guy In Town

T'was a fair and peaceful night in the RPR when the strange male known as Damian Alabastor appeared in the forums. "Hey, what's up everyone?" he asked curiously whilst waving his hand.

rolled 1d20 and got 3

Yuka

Welcome to RPR :)
Kim Site Admin

I was about to ask you all the standard, "Hey! How long have you been RPing?" type getting to know you questions, when I realized that there's actually a ton of info on your profile! So it sounds like you've been playing for 4 years now, and have progressed from one-liners into preferreing multi-para RP!

Do you have a preferred genre of RP, aside from long-form posting? :)

Also, please do tell me about this LARPing that you do. Over the last few years I've become a LARP addict.

Welcome to the site!
Damian_Alabastor Topic Starter

I'm glad you asked Kim ^_^
I have allot of favorite genres but some of my favorites are adventure, romance, mystery, and even the occasional horror RP. I play allot of the Elder Scrolls games and that's where I get most of my RP ideas but I've recently been trying to get into D&D.
And as for LARPing I joined this local group called Amptguard a couple of years ago. It was pretty cool because everyone would cosplay as their character and all meet up at a park every Sunday. We used weapons made of pool noodle and stuff and built them so they didn't exactly hurt, just kind of stung. I stopped going though because it got to the point where nobody was really role playing anymore, just trying to be better than everyone at combat. Me and some of my friend's still LARP though when we get the chance. By the way, what is the dice roll option for? :3
Welcome, good sir!

The dice are there as an option for those who would like to play with dice-based systems here, or just to add an element of chance to things. Basically whatever you'd want to use actual dice for, though lot of folks put in goofy things at random. :)
Damian_Alabastor Topic Starter

Oh so like D&D then. I can see how that would be fun, rolling a d20 in an RP to determine what happens :3
Anyways I look forward to spending time on this site, it's the best I've seen ^_^
You can thank Kim for that. She's done an amazing job, and continues to. ^_^
Kim Site Admin

D'awwwww thanks guys! <3 <3

I know of ampguard. I have lots of friends who have been in various chapters, and have seen a game or two myself, though I am a thorough sissy who can't take a hit from even a pool noodle. I do play non-boffer LARPs though, like Vampire the Masquerade. Yay for costumes and playing pretend!

I wrote up an article about starting to incorporate dice for previously free-form only players that people tell me is a fun read, but it sounds like you are actually already quite familiar with how dice can be used to facilitate RP! :)
Welcome to RPR! It sounds like you will fit in just fine here! :) Hope you are enjoying the site so far and making loads of new friends :D

You are on: Forums » Introductions » The New Guy In Town

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus