Skip to main content

Forums » Help » PM System Bug

Loren

Ah, I'm not sure if this was mentioned already or not, but I've been noticing that when there is the double -message warning for PMs, you get one more new message warning beneath the inbox. Yours. I don't think this is a big bug, but...yeah. I thought I should mention it XD
Sanne Moderator

http://www.rprepository.com/community/contact.php

It's best to send (suspected) bugs directly to Kim through the bug report form, because she can't keep track of them here on the forums. :) (You can find it at the bottom of all pages, "Contact Us")

I'm not sure what you're talking about. Double-message warning for PMs? o.O Do you have a screenshot perhaps?
Loren Topic Starter

No, lol. Do you know that error of :

errorgnome.png
Quote:
Can't send message

While trying to send your message, we encountered the following problems:

We caught a double post. Most commonly, this is caused by accidentally double clicking the send button.

When something like that happens, you get the

envelopeicon.gif1 new message warning.

Which is the message that you sent. I guess it's not recognized as yours... :)
Sanne Moderator

Oh! That's normal. What happens when you send a message normally is that it automatically opens the PM for you to read after you sent it. This means your message is flagged as 'read', like when you read a PM by clicking on it.

In this case you never end up in your PM thread because you double posted by accident. Instead of being shown your own PM, you see an error message. Because you didn't read the message yet as normally happens, it says you have 1 new message.

This is how it's supposed to work, it's not a bug. :)
Loren Topic Starter

Oh, right XD Thanks.
Kim Site Admin

Thanks for explaining, Sanne! She's exactly right about why that happens. :)

You are on: Forums » Help » PM System Bug

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus