Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Enhance notifications

Sanne Moderator

No, they're not inadequate. They're a BRILLIANT change from the first versions, and I love how the notifications tell me if a particular topic that was replied to from a certain group!

But that's where the confusion settles in. Sera was confused about it earlier as well, he was seeing the same thing I saw.

In the group xxx:
darth_angelus, Kim, You replied 9 times to the forum topic HI THERE
(About 5 hours and 19 minutes ago)

Crash Test Dummy (played by Kim) has added a new gallery image:

(About 6 hours and 18 minutes ago)

This setup makes it appear as if the notification from Crash Test Dummy belongs in the notification of the group forum topic replies.

Would it be an idea to wrap group topic notifications in a border, or maybe change the background colors for the notifications in on/off colored tables to differentiate between the different notifications?

We as experienced users can see the difference after a few moments, but I can imagine this may be confusing and off-putting to new members if they get involved with multiple groups.
Sanne Topic Starter Moderator

An example is this page:

http://www.rprepository.com/community/browsechar.php

"Your friends like these characters"

It has a nifty, paler background. Maybe this can be done in notifications? One update has this background, the next doesn't, then the next one does etc.
Kim Site Admin

Good thoughts. :) I'll experiment with ways to differentiate them!
Sanne Topic Starter Moderator

Hurray for a nifty divider :D

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Enhance notifications

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus