Skip to main content

Forums » Help » I broke it

kec51i.jpg
Kim Site Admin

Wow, you sure did! Is this happening consistently, or did it just pop up once?
Minerva

That's kinda what it looks like when my phone goes wonky without freezing, actually. Given the alignment is a little different, but I get an error line that runs off the screen, the beige gets trimmed down to a small line, the dark brown overwhelms, and everything sorta falls out like that. I think something is eating up a lot of memory periodically, I'm just surprised it happened on a computer.
Sanne Moderator

Minerva wrote:
That's kinda what it looks like when my phone goes wonky without freezing, actually. Given the alignment is a little different, but I get an error line that runs off the screen, the beige gets trimmed down to a small line, the dark brown overwhelms, and everything sorta falls out like that. I think something is eating up a lot of memory periodically, I'm just surprised it happened on a computer.

This error specifically is referring to the server, not the phone or computer itself. Is this the error you mentioned having or is it your phone emitting a message saying something similar?
Kim Site Admin

We seem to have sprung a leak somewhere. I'll start scouring.
Minerva

Well, almost any time I ever went to RPR I get the "not enough memory for this application", but that was before the change. But sometimes this happens:

I get the page to load. It tells me not enough memory, etc. Okay. I scroll down anyway, as far as it allowed to load. I get halfway down the page, or some random amount, and the page resets, and puts me towards the top of the screen. There, the page looks kinda like it does in his screenshot, just phone-itized. There's something that looks like an error message akin to that one, but it runs off the screen before I can read what it says now that alignment is all borked.

The time it takes to "flash" and reset the screen to looking like that, seems about parallel with sometimes how my phone screen has started turning pure white. Sometimes it looks like that, sometimes my screen goes white. Sometimes I just freeze entirely scrolling halfway down. Sometimes I freeze trying to hit back from the white page. Etc. Dunno if it's related or not. But the one symptom is similar.

This other stuff is distinctly new to the new version.
The_Ross Topic Starter

Kim wrote:
Wow, you sure did! Is this happening consistently, or did it just pop up once?

Sorry, had stuff to do right after I posted this. Just tried to reproduce though, couldn't do it.

You are on: Forums » Help » I broke it

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus