Skip to main content

Forums » Help » Help in making new templates

I've had a few ideas for new template designs that I'd like to submit but I am hitting a small snag...

I have the artistic skill to make all the components but I don't know enough code to properly make one.

Help?
Sanne Moderator

Do you mean submit as in make an official template? Before you do that, check out this post first!

When you make official RPR templates, Kim can code the template for you. When you make personal/epic templates, you can team up with someone who knows CSS (people like Novalynn for example love to code but not design) or you can take a peek at the getting started guide for CSS.

Does this help you some? :)
Virus Topic Starter

Yes it does but I may come back if I get stuck along the way! Thank you so much Sanne!!!
You can look at the code of existing templates, usually through something like right-click > inspect element. You can also check out sites like W3Schools, that teach for free. If you have a specific question about something, there's prolly a number of folks who can provide an answer, myself included.

You can only really work in CSS, but a basic understanding of HTML should be helpful in deciding how to write your CSS.
Sanne wrote:
When you make personal/epic templates, you can team up with someone who knows CSS (people like Novalynn for example love to code but not design) or you can take a peek at the getting started guide for CSS.

I like to design a little. >.>
Sanne Moderator

Novalyyn wrote:
Sanne wrote:
When you make personal/epic templates, you can team up with someone who knows CSS (people like Novalynn for example love to code but not design) or you can take a peek at the getting started guide for CSS.

I like to design a little. >.>

I probably should have phrased that as you having a heavy preference for coding. <.< Sorry.

You are on: Forums » Help » Help in making new templates

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus