Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » New but not a Newbie!

Hopefully I'm not too much a not so incognito and undercoveerrrrrrrrrr sort of interloper. I'm just pokin' my head in from another fairly populated FFRP site, checkin' out the dilly yo'. Not anyone's dilly-HOLE, mind you, but the DILLY YO'!

So what's up? What's fun? I haven't found a live chat option, am I dumb and just missing it, does it not exist, or do I need to feed something money? Wha'cha love about this place? Let me knooooow.

On a serious note, I'm a very polite, fun person I like to think. So either way just feel free to drop me a hullo. :)
Minerva

Even newbies are welcome, but hey.

The chat option is easy! You click "Launch Chat" atop any thread. That's right--any thread can become its own channel. So you permanently log your RPs by posting, and if your friends are all online, you can post straight onto the thread by the chat that launches out of it.
Minerva

I see you posted only a few minutes before I did, so! I just launched the chat. Go ahead and try it, right by Reply and Subscribe. I'll fire a few posts and you can see how it works. =) ...Did you ever play someone named Ephemeral?
Etherealdream Topic Starter

Minerva wrote:
I see you posted only a few minutes before I did, so! I just launched the chat. Go ahead and try it, right by Reply and Subscribe. I'll fire a few posts and you can see how it works. =) ...Did you ever play someone named Ephemeral?

Thanks! I noticed that and the gallery business not long after I realized you'd so kindly replied to my post. And as for the playing someone named Ephemeral, that'd be a no. Interesting name though.
Sanne Moderator

Welcome! It's good to see another artist on the site. ;)

What I really love is the community itself and the way Kim runs it. RPR tries not just to be a place to store your character info, but also a place where you can hang out, be yourself and don't have to be afraid of unpleasantliesness (yaaay making up words!). :D I don't see that often in other communities, Kim really cares for her members and it shows!
Darth_Angelus Moderator

Welcome EtherealDream!

I have to agree with everything Sanne said, Kim is one of the best admins I've seen in a community, listening to suggestions, fixing bugs people find. It's a rare thing to find and the people here are just as friendly and supportive of Kim and each other.

Minverva is correct about the live chat feature. We also have a dedicated chat thread, which is a great way to meet other members OOCly and get to know each other.
Hey you.
Etherealdream Topic Starter

Megatron wrote:
Hey you.

Ohai... Hey all you wonderful people who have the warmest of welcoming committees, this is another wayward writer I've brought along with me to play nice and make new friends! Darth, Sanne, Min, meet Megatron!
Hi Ethereal and Megatron! :D

RPR has become my newest addiction, second only to Furcadia itself. My problem with Furc is that I have to be online and constant for RP. But here I can start an RP and just let it go, coming back to post later. What I like most about this site...hmmm...

The members. Yep, I said it. The members. They're unlike any members of any forumplace I've been in. RPR is a treasure trove of awesome people, interesting characters and lots of quirky fun. I have never made so many cool characters before than since I've joined RPR. It's just a fountain of inspiration to me.

I love it here <3 I hope you will too! :)

You are on: Forums » Introductions » New but not a Newbie!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus