Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » I want to build characters around your c (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Mayiamaru Topic Starter

Archer: Okay cool X3 I'm going to go with a medieval fantasy theme. I'll put up a private thread, yada yada and contact you with the stuff~

Abar the Tibetan Mastiff: Another medieval fantasy theme X3 Okay. I'll let you know now that I'm going to be making a human~

KuroSakuranbo14: I will be completely honest from a writing perspective, but I feel like Luna's story is pretty much just done. Put her in a peaceful house in the country and that's it. But Anastasia is a character that I can see doing a lot with, though instead of making a new character myself, I kind of like the idea of her playing opposite to a character of mine named Lin Loran Kastler.

He actually has cheated on plenty of women while he was a teenager. Now an ex-gang member, he lost his soon to be fiance, spending most of his time after his job drinking his sorrows away. Would you be interested in that? Also, are you okay with swearing?

virusghost181: I'm very interested in Greynaught. Would you be interested in an alternate world type setting? Something along the lines of a world where magic is the base of the world. Everyone can do magic to some extent, some more than others. A boy who doesn't have the capacity to use magic finds Greynaught, and they form a partnership. From there, it's more about their relationship and the world they interact with. It can start from a little after they meet. Sound good?

ThatMetalheadGamer: I love those characters actually. Would you be willing to mix it with sci-fi? An agent from the future coming back to catch a criminal that was somehow able to steal a time travelling device, and the criminal, who decided to join Mr. Crawford's gang.
Loren

This sounds like a fantastic idea! :D Eh, if we weren't on so different timezones, I'd already have put up a few of my characters. (Considering that you're posting now and it's 1.15 A.M in GMT, yeah >.>)
I do not mind swearing at all, Ana has a bit of a foul mouth when she loses her temper though with her I'm not sure what you might want. It could be that she thought of using him as a target and then starts to rethink that if he admits that he regrets what he has done and she believes he has suffered for the pain by losing his soon to be fiance.
Mayiamaru wrote:
Archer: Okay cool X3 I'm going to go with a medieval fantasy theme. I'll put up a private thread, yada yada and contact you with the stuff~

Abar the Tibetan Mastiff: Another medieval fantasy theme X3 Okay. I'll let you know now that I'm going to be making a human~

KuroSakuranbo14: I will be completely honest from a writing perspective, but I feel like Luna's story is pretty much just done. Put her in a peaceful house in the country and that's it. But Anastasia is a character that I can see doing a lot with, though instead of making a new character myself, I kind of like the idea of her playing opposite to a character of mine named Lin Loran Kastler.

He actually has cheated on plenty of women while he was a teenager. Now an ex-gang member, he lost his soon to be fiance, spending most of his time after his job drinking his sorrows away. Would you be interested in that? Also, are you okay with swearing?

virusghost181: I'm very interested in Greynaught. Would you be interested in an alternate world type setting? Something along the lines of a world where magic is the base of the world. Everyone can do magic to some extent, some more than others. A boy who doesn't have the capacity to use magic finds Greynaught, and they form a partnership. From there, it's more about their relationship and the world they interact with. It can start from a little after they meet. Sound good?

ThatMetalheadGamer: I love those characters actually. Would you be willing to mix it with sci-fi? An agent from the future coming back to catch a criminal that was somehow able to steal a time travelling device, and the criminal, who decided to join Mr. Crawford's gang.

I think that it may be possible to have some sci-fi elements in it, as long as the time travel element is the only sci-fi part of it and it doesn't go overboard with it. Also I'm willing to roleplay using both of those characters. But its up to you how many characters I can play. I'm up for the roleplay if you are interested.
Archer (played by AshAngg2000)

Awesome :D
Mayiamaru Topic Starter

Loren wrote:
This sounds like a fantastic idea! :D Eh, if we weren't on so different timezones, I'd already have put up a few of my characters. (Considering that you're posting now and it's 1.15 A.M in GMT, yeah >.>)
My timezone is EST XD It's 1:53 AM now for me. I think we have maybe a 5 hour difference? Maybe 4. Anyway, the way that this works, propose a character/plot and we'll work out a method or all that jazz for an RP.
ThatMetalheadGamer wrote:
I think that it may be possible to have some sci-fi elements in it, as long as the time travel element is the only sci-fi part of it and it doesn't go overboard with it. Also I'm willing to roleplay using both of those characters. But its up to you how many characters I can play. I'm up for the roleplay if you are interested.
The time traveller would have various gadgets incorporated within two devices that are usually on their person. A watch and a personal unit that can be just about anything [typically a belt of some kind or even their glasses]. Time travellers must keep their identities as time travellers a secret. Because of that, they have a lot of restrictions on when they can use gadgets, how they can use gadgets, and stuff~ [I'm getting lazy XD] So yeah, they will have a lot of restrictions. If you're okay with that, then I can set up a thread and we can get started.
Mayiamaru wrote:
Loren wrote:
My timezone is EST XD It's 1:53 AM now for me. I think we have maybe a 5 hour difference? Maybe 4. Anyway, the way that this works, propose a character/plot and we'll work out a method or all that jazz for an RP.
Mayiamaru wrote:
The time traveller would have various gadgets incorporated within two devices that are usually on their person. A watch and a personal unit that can be just about anything [typically a belt of some kind or even their glasses]. Time travellers must keep their identities as time travellers a secret. Because of that, they have a lot of restrictions on when they can use gadgets, how they can use gadgets, and stuff~ [I'm getting lazy XD] So yeah, they will have a lot of restrictions. If you're okay with that, then I can set up a thread and we can get started.

That sounds good. Yes we can start, I'm ready when you are.
Archer (played by AshAngg2000)

I'm ready. Promotion. I'm ready. Pro- wait. Why am I thinking SpongeBob?...
Loren

Six, actually, considering that by the time you made that post it was 7.03 A.M for me XD

Anyway, I was thinking about using Lanthe.

Lanthéviat's a shapeshifter, of unidentified race. He's snarky, egonomaniacal and generally genre savvy all along, considering that he can cross dimensions. (He does have a penchant for earth, though.) The thing about him is that he's ridiculously bad at human, wizardy magic, but also has an immense resistence against it, even with healing or beneficial spells. So mages might have a problem fighting him.

Hmm, I was actually thinking of using him in a fantasy setting now : I've only used him once in an all around fantasy world, he's generally more modern age/historical rp oriented >:)

Oh, and he hates wizards. And mages. And heroes. He has a big issue with heroes. (What doesn't he have a big issue with? XD )

He likes dwarves, he can always do with a laugh.

Edit: Uh, I just found out that I might have to be too busy to use my computer for around a week (or a fortnight, if it comes to that...). There's a chance that might not happen, though XD If I reply tomorrow, it's because I'm still here. XD
Mayiamaru wrote:
This is your chance to play your characters and their stories to their fullest. I want to make some new characters, but I'm horrible at coming up with things like names. I have general ideas of what I like, but without a world to put them in, that stuff is useless.

Send me a plot centered around your character and their struggles or lives, good or bad, and I'll make a character to counter them as either a love interest, enemy, best friend, or even total strangers who inevitably end up getting mixed up in each others' lives. What character I create will depend on the world you present, the time period if it's set in this world, and your character, of course.

The RPs will be free form and you won't get to know what character I'll be using until we start :P But, you can choose how you want me to play opposite to you if you have a preference.

Things to know about me:
- I write a lot. I average at 3 paragraphs. Or something of a more filled out version of the intro above. I expect my partner to be good with words. Descriptive. Length doesn't matter as much to me as the content. No content, no RP. I don't mind grammar and spelling mistakes as long as I can read what you write.
- I don't often do much, but lately my days are being filled up with something. I will try to reply within 2 days at the least.
- If we are going to do PM RPs, do not expect much, and do expect those replies to possibly take longer. I don't like PM RPs and exceptions will only be made for people who can match my posts.
- I don't have any boundaries. You can RP anything with me, but please specify if you are or are not okay with certain sexualities, topics, violence, gore, nudity, swearing, etc.
- I hate it when people ditch me and as a result, will tell you if I am not enjoying myself and want to leave. Don't take is as a personal attack on you, it's just that I don't personally enjoy the plot/characters/writing that is going on. It's a preference thing. I will expect the same from you.
- I will not tolerate one=liners. That is an instant drop for me. I will quit the RP.

Easier said than done, apparently. XD I'll be willing to RP with you and I'll try my best! Just tell me if you want to or not, I'll understand if you don't want to RP with me. :P
Mayiamaru wrote:

I would be happy to RP in this setting with this kind of character, however Greynaught doesn't know spells nor is he able to cast any. He can leave his armor that he haunts and act as a normal ghost character would but beyond that he much more of a soldier type. Send me a PM or a link to a forum thread whenever you are ready.
Mayiamaru Topic Starter

Okay cool. I'll note everything down. I just recently got extremely busy with DnD and University prep, so yeah. I'll try to see if I can get most of this stuff started within the week. Thanks for being patient ^_^
Its cool, if you become too busy we can do this another time. I'm in a similar boat, I'll be moving soon so I may be stretched a little thin. Maybe we could pick up on this another time?
This sounds QUITE interesting. ME LIKE.

I've also been trying to get into the D&D boat, since it seems like fun.

Anyway, character info.

PS: I hope I'm not too late to join in in this.

Text avalanche incoming...!

I have this whole little land of characters known as Silvestria. The characters of mine are the Royal Knights, guardians of the small continent. Due to the strange minerals imbued with magical power in the land, there are extreme weather differenciations among the continent, like plains, tundra, and desserts all on the same continent. Also due to the minerals, people's lifespans living on the island have increased dramatically, as well as some other things, like natural hair and eye colors, as well as having an increased healing factor. There are also many of land generations, such as floating islands and large earthen arches. The protectors of this place are the Royal knights, and although they frequently go on adventures, there are always some there to protect the place.
Now, characters that I like/use often.

Lucas DaVinci
Although I may or may not have taken the last name of my favorite artist/inventor and put it on my character, I think Lucas is a good character. He is a spellsword character, preferring to use one-armed longswords and magic. Although his character used to be a ghost sort, I changed that since I figured it was a tad VERY unfair. His parents died when he was 13, and he tried to bring them back to life using a machine he made. However, it backfired, causing him to be cursed with living how he was then for eternity. However, he never lost his childlike personality and demeanor.

Hunter Skyborn
Hunter also comes from Silvestria and has a large technical prowess. He wears mechanical gauntlets concealing blades, lasers, maps, and a lot of other cool little gizmos. His boots serve as his ability to get around, since he cannot channel magic easily. The boots serve as magnet boots, rocket boots, and because of the way the rockets work, aqua boots. When I was thinking of characters, I wanted to make a character with elements in powers/weapons similar to Iron Man, but more vulnerable and more towards my personality. He is more mature than Lucas, but also still somewhat playful. They are the two youngest of the Royal Knights, and get along well.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » I want to build characters around your c (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus