Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » New here, liiiiitle confused

Hey, guess the obvious is that I am sickviking. I'm not so new to RP though its been a while. I like group RP's and one on ones pretty equally, though its been a bit over a year in change since I've had the pleasure of a group RP.
I've never been a member of an RP community the closest is joining a guild on Gaiaonline and being an RP account on Tumblr.
I've got a few characters up now, though I've got more in the works, from fandoms and their own stories. I like to call myself a writer but, ya'know how that goes. So...Er, heller? -waves-
Yuka

Welcome to RPR! :) Which genres/time periods do you prefer?
Kim Site Admin

Welcome welcome welcome! :D You say you are confused -- is there something I can help you with? :)
Welcome to RPR! If you are confused about anything please don't hesitate to ask! We're a super friendly community here and glad to help :)
SickViking Topic Starter

And I went to the store and missed the welcome committee oops OoO
Thanks ^_^
For time periods, I mostly prefer modern, though I've been very interested in mediveal time periods as well. Not so into future stuff though.
As far what confuses me, I've just never really been part of an RP community so I don't really know how to go about finding RPs or like, anything.
Around here, the easiest thing that I can think of is to ask! We're all pretty friendly, even me.
If you're up for a lark, click on the "Find RP" button up in the bar and there's usually a few proposals for folks looking for RP (I'm not sure on the 'active' time, depends on how long the player has been on).
Also, in the Forums, check out "Looking For RP" to find the forum postings on several. You can also try the "RP Discussion" tab to look for some folks that maybe don't have concrete ideas or need help with worlds and characters of their own.
Another thing that works well enough for me is to just try to be active in the community (Chat, Forum topics, the Games). Just by being around, you can raise awareness of yourself in the community, and you can often find someone that strikes your fancy and you want to play with, or someone whom you tickle instead and will seek you out.
You seem to have a pretty clear profile with just enough fuzziness that you and your characters will fit in nicely and broadly. I wish you the best of luck!
And sometimes, if you PM the original poster of an RP thread, they'll let you join in. You can also look around through the smaller group communities for fun stuff. :)

I usually go through the Looking For RP forum myself, though I've been getting/making direct requests more of late.

Also: welcome! ^_^
Kim Site Admin

There's also this cool article on finding RP to join: http://www.rprepository.com/help/getting-started-guide#191 If you ever want some quick tips to refer to. :)
SickViking Topic Starter

Thanks guys! A lot. I'll read that thing, Kim and wander around the looking for Rp forum for a bit. ^_^
Kim Site Admin

Hurrah! :D Let us know how it goes!

You are on: Forums » Introductions » New here, liiiiitle confused

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus