Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Equestrian Damnation (1x1)

Vadraaghain (played by GrandFinale) Topic Starter

"What a good point you have, Rainbow Dash. I suppose I should drop this facade and face you myself...in fact, I will."

The entire area began to rise out of the ground and into space. When it reached it's destination, the entire building was reduced to but it's floor. Funnily enough, there seemed to be air out here, and breathing would be unimpeded for the ponies, and Alpha didn't even need to. There were no longer walls, nor ceilings. There was a beautiful view of the entire Earth and the moon orbit within the starry, black void of space...and a bit further on, down what used to be a hallway but now a long stretch of floating platform, was the nightmarish visage of Alphanus in his eight-winged superdemon form, right now about the size of a 7 and a half foot human. His throne was still there, and he sat there, staring with his red hellfire orbs of eyes at the ponies.

"Come forth."

Zuriel (played by GrandFinale) Topic Starter

((EDIT: Nvm, gonna put him in anyways. But he'll be hindered.))
Rainbow Dash (played by The_Ross)

"The heck with this! Hit him while he's not ready for it!"

Twilight yelled for her to stop, but she had already taken off like a shot, rainbow trailing behind her. One forehoof was cocked back, ready to deliver a punch at several times the speed of sound. She yelled at the top of her lungs the whole way, just like when she had obliterated Applejack's barn. It would only be a second more...

MEANWHILE, IN PONYVILLE

Ditzy Doo reappeared in the post office, half a second before all the mail she had sent, which she was immediately buried under. She shook the envelopes off impatiently - she was on a mission! She cleared some space off on a desk, and began immediately.

She had a lot of letters to write.

Alphanus waited. He waited until there was only a micrometer's distance between himself and Rainbow Dash, then with speed that probably couldn't even be mentally processed by mortals (i.e. waaaaaay faster-than-light) his sword appeared in his hand and he thrust it, point-first, at the pegasus. Other villains they had seen may have given them a hard time, and even did things close to Mind Rape territory, but Alphanus was the real deal. He would not be trifled with, and he know just how to take care of these equines. He knew that when you go up against the quick, be quicker. And so he did.

((Alright, in case you're kinda seeing this move here as a bit unfair, I said earlier that I'd be pulling an FFIV for this battle, which means you're likely gonna witness some deaths here. But should all go well, anypony who has fallen in battle will be brought back for the final leg of it. But just in case you're still not sure, I'll include a dice roll with this post. Should it come up anything above a five, a hit is likely, likelihood further increasing the higher it goes. But if you are willing to agree to my terms, ignore the dice roll altogether and just let it all happen.))

rolled 1d10 and got 4

Zuriel (played by GrandFinale) Topic Starter

Meanwhile, just behind Alphanus's throne was a statue. A statue of an old man in a white tuxedo and tophat, with a walking stick. This was Alpha's immortal 'little brother', Zuriel, the embodiment of light. He was sealed away much like Discord in this statue, weakened during his last battle against Alpha - just enough to not ever be able to escape on his own. Worse yet, Zuriel was completely aware inside of that prison. May I mention he's been sealed away like this for, going on a few million years by now? Zuriel had a strong suspicion, however, that his imprisonment may end soon...

{Oh, I'm not worried. The ponies have some tricks of their own up the sleeves they don't have.}

Dash vanished as the blade pierced her. Once the image had finally melted away, Alphanus was treated to the sight of all six ponies standing where they had originally appeared, inside a shield spell that Twilight was maintaining. Rarity's horn's glow was fading after the illusion spell she had cast, but Twilight's was growing brighter - she appeared to be readying another spell on top of the shield she already had going.

Dash was wearing the most smug smirk in the history of smug smirks, with the possible exception of The Great and Powerful Trixie.

"What's the matter, big guy? Didn't think we'd learned anything from fighting the last two gods that tried to mess with Equestria?!"

Alphanus was noticeably miffed by this.

"Hrumph...I knew that would have been too easy. I should have taken the opportunity to attack the casters. But no matter, it should be surpassingly easy to wipe you all out now!"

Copious amounts of pure dark energy visibly surged into the beast, to the eye it appeared gigantic clouds of pure blackness were being absorbed into him, as well as black lines of energy. Then a titanic black beam, gradually becoming deep violet at the edges, erupted forth from the being, straight at the barrier. (Attack name: Entropy) This one attack was as powerful as Celestia and Luna put together. And it wasn't even Alphanus's second best attack!

The beam broke against Twilight's shield like so much water, flashing through all the colors of the rainbow before finally dissipating in to doves, squirrels and bunnies.

Twilight couldn't speak - her horn was glowing brilliantly, and she had lost the ability to stand or speak under the strain of conjuring so much power. Her friends stood in front of her, speaking for her.

Rarity pranced around in a circle and laughed in Alphanus's face. "You are such a foal! 'Protection against the intent to do harm'. That's how Twilight described it. Simple, but so elegant!"

Pinkie Pie bounced around inside the shield, giggling and laughing. "You silly filly! Haven't you heard my song? Twilight's the cutest, smartest, all around best pony, pony! No meany mcmean-pants can get to us in here!"

Rainbow Dash was standing on her hindlegs with her forelegs crossed in front of her chest, facing away from Alphanus as the last vestiges of his spell faded away. Suddenly, she turned to face him dramatically, while slipping on a pair of shades simultaneously, a cocky grin completing the look.

"You're toast."
Ditzy Doo (played by The_Ross)

PALACE OF THE SUN, CANTERLOT

"I brought you a letter!"

The gray pegasus wearing fully stuffed saddlebags flew in through a window directly in to Celestia's throne room. She had a single envelope in her mouth, which she gave to the Princess. She fluttered a respectful distance away from Celestia's dais and assumed a bowing position.

The Princess's expression grew more and more distraught as she read. She looked at Ditzy over the top of the scroll.

"Is this true?"

"Muffin!"

"Very well, then. You have never lead me astray before. I will send the rest."

Celestia's yellow magic enveloped the saddlebags, and each envelope individually floated in to the air. One by one, they flashed out of existence, sent to their intended recipients.

"You have done well, Ditzy Doo. Equestria once more owes you a great debt of gratitude."

Ditzy Doo stood, nodded, backed away three paces, then turned and flew out the same window she had come in.

"I've really got to get that fixed one of these days."

Nope.avi
Twilight Sparkle (played by The_Ross)

{Size is irrelevant. Any entity with the intent to do harm to beings inside the shield will be denied access.

If Alphanus wants to penetrate their shield, he'll need to find a sneakier method.

Abort/Retry/Fail?}

((Reading where that post last was, you'll see I chose Abort. Gonna do something different.))

...that damned spell. Alphanus knew well that even he would have a hard time of it now that this card had been put into play. But he knew another thing; this was a very high-level spell. He's very rarely seen it used by mortals (more often than not the higher divines will make use of it), and knows it devours magical energy at an incredible rate, but anyone could deduce that from the visible strain placed on Twilight Sparkle. It would only be a matter of time before the unicorn gave out under the immense pressure. Alphanus would need only to keep plugging away at them, keep pressure on the heroes to prevent them from trying anything that may risk lowering the barrier. He shot forth towards the group with equal to that of the blow he intended to kill Rainbow Dash with earlier, and kept hitting at the barrier with his giant sword, causing intense spark showers to erupt from wherever the blade hit. This would likely have the added benefit of making Twilight have to work harder to keep it up - damaging the barrier in any way would make her need to expend more power to keep it up, he concluded.
Ditzy Doo (played by The_Ross)

{Just fyi, we're deploying tomorrow, so I'm going to make every post as silly as possible.}

"Twilight!" the ponies cried out in unison. They wanted to protect her, but they dared not screw up her spell.

Seconds passed, and nothing happened. Dash opened one eye.

"Omigoshomigoshomigoshomigosh!!"

The rest of the ponies looked up to see the translucent shimmering indicating the shield was still there. But the shield hadn't done anything - the blade of their aggressor had been stopped by another.

The warm yellow glow of Celestia's magic had faded to reveal a human wearing a white gi and wielding a magic katana, which he had used to stop Alphanus's sword. With one hand.

"Why, it's Jack, come back to the past!" exclaimed Applejack.

"Hi pajama man!" Pinkie hopped up to the very edge of the shield, unable to contain herself.

"Our friend with impeccable taste in robes has returned! And not a moment too soon! Come to rescue the damsels in distress, I presume?"

Behind Rarity, Spike cleared his throat.

"...and one dragon, of course."

Samurai Jack could only smile at the ponies, even as he held back a demon god whose strength rivalled that of Aku, who also happened to be an immortal incarnation of pure evil. Had he had time, he would have had a flashback montage to the time he had accidentally arrived in Ponyville after yet another failed attempt to return to his own time.

Amazingly, Fluttershy spoke up. "Um, excuse me, but if you don't mind me asking, how did you know where we were?"

Without saying a word, Jack reached inside his robe with his free hand and pulled out an envelope, which he let flutter to the ground in front of the ponies.

It bore the seven bubble cutie mark, and Princess Celestia's royal seal. Before they could say another word, he pointed behind them. They turned to look, and fell to the ground at the sight.

Dozens more of the same sunlight orbs that had delivered Jack were descending and depositing people and other beings. Some of them were blue, glowing and see-through, jedi ghost style. Finally, Jack spoke to them.

"Little ponies. You once helped me to escape from a dark place. Now I and these new allies shall do the same for you. It will be an honor to fight by your side once more."

With his blade still under Alphanus's, Jack grasped his katana with both hands and swung his sword up in an arc, then leaped forty meters straight up to bring it down on Alphanus's head.

Meanwhile, the heroes who had teleported in behind Twilight and her friends had begun to charge, seeing Jack begin the attack. However, one tall human casually strolled inside the shield and crossed his arms. He spoke with a menacing British accent, somewhere between Snape and Palpatine.

"Ah yes, Alphanus. Still doing things the hard way and putting himself in danger instead of sending minions to do the heavy lifting. A powerful fool, but still a fool."

"Alphanus?" echoed Rarity.

"The name of your pursuer, or didn't you know? No, I suppose you wouldn't. Ah, let me help you with that."

He placed a hand on Twilight's shoulder, and her spell resolved in an instant - a spell which, as it turned out, was a conjuration for the Elements of Harmony that Celestia had taught Twilight, now that she and her friends had become attuned to them. The five necklaces and one crown thingy appeared on their respective owners.

Finally, Twilight could open her eyes and stand up, slowly.

"Thank you, but, who ARE you?"

"I am Jon Irenicus, and I have as much interest in staying alive as anyone else. Thus, it would seem we have a common foe."

Irenicus never looked at the ponies during this exchange, his focus entirely on Alphanus. Likely analyzing his strengths and weaknesses, or maybe just deciding exactly which spell to destroy him with.

The ponies and the wizard were soon joined by a group of four more wizards, although these were barely taller than the ponies themselves, and wore much more traditional matching wizard robes, in blue, green, red, and yellow. Their hoods completely obscured their faces in darkness no matter where an observer stood. Each wielded a staff and a sword of varying types.

"PUNKAS!" exclaimed the yellow one, and immediately rushed over to embrace Fluttershy, who was rather ambivalent about the whole thing. The green one smacked him across the back of the head, and he rejoined his friends. They squared off facing the battle, and small orbs of elemental power appeared from nowhere, orbiting about them.

The red one conjured and launched fiery boulders at Alphanus which exploded upon impact, two or three every second. Yellow summoned up a dome shield the same color as his robe, just outside Twilight's, then began creating dangerous-looking energy orbs which were summoned from inside both shields, but embedded themselves in to the ground just outside the outer yellow shield. Blue pointed his staff and a beam of arcane energy and frost shot out of it, which traveled instantaneously in Alphanus's direction. It lasted for up to thirty seconds, but couldn't be rotated very quickly. Green did the same, but his was a life energy beam, imbued with fire and electricity. He made it intersect with Blue's at the point that it met Alphanus, causing the two pairs of opposed elements (life and arcane, fire and frost - the lightning just makes the beam even more dangerous) to react with each other and cause a massive magical explosion.

Another caster entered the shield, this one wearing armor crafted of the bones and skulls of various monsters and demons. Behind him followed an army: thirty eight foot tall minotaurs, each dual-wielding flails; a golem of fire; and about a dozen skeletons armed with swords and maces. Without a word to anyone, he gestured briefly with the wand he carried, and cursed Alphanus with slowness and weakness. He then began conjuring floating screaming soul-sucking banshee wraith heads which flew out and homed in on Alphanus. His minotaurs, golem and skeletons rushed headlong in to the fray.

More fighters ran by, circling around to Alphanus's sides and behind him, staying out of the line of fire of the rather reckless magi. One of the blue ghost things sported a cape three times longer than she was tall, which was battered and ragged, and billowed out behind her, revealing a tail. She carried a claymore which appeared to be fashioned of pure white light, which she held over her head as she ran.

"This one's for Mort, jerk!" she yelled as she swung at Alphanus's left side.

All of these events occurred roughly at the same time, so that Jack has not even begun to descend from the apex of his jump yet.

Amazingly, all the combined attacks had no effect whatsoever on the embodiment of all Darkness in reality. In fact, they all just passed right through him! Assuming Alphanus is merely only as powerful as Aku is an incredible understatement - he's tied with his brother Zuriel as second most powerful being in all existence(God himself being the top being, of course. And in case you're wondering about the intangible enemy thing, I told you I'd be pulling an FFIV, right? That happened during the final boss there, too). Alphanus, incredibly, viewed the spectacle with an amused expression!

"You're all damned fools! AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Just WHAT do you all hope to gain throwing yourself in my path?! Even if you do succeed here, which I guarantee is utterly impossible, I am immortal and will merely come back in a minimum of 500 years!!! IT'S HOPELESS!!!!! I am the Void! I AM ALL DARKNESS, AND YOU ARE ALL INSIGNIFICANT BEFORE ME!!!!!!! DIE WITH YOUR LAST HOPES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

He increased his size exponentially, until he was equal in size with the motherf**king planet Jupiter. A.k.a. his full size, it's there in his profile. Doing this granted him a gigantic power boost as well, though still nowhere near the maximum strength he can reach outside the Void. He then brought his gargantuan fist down on everyone, then the other, until he was furiously pounding the would-be heroes rapidly and remorselessly. He also blasted the area with massive dark bursts, beams, and any other type of magical dark projectile you could think of, with little-to-no pause between all these attacks. Strangely enough, he may be intangible to them, but his physical attacks were fully tangible to them.

((Alphanus Battle Phase 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gteothrioE [0:00 to 0:57 during his transformation to his true size, 0:58 to the end for the actual battle theme]))

((Also, may I mention that until Zuriel breaks free and the Elements themselves are finally used, Alphanus cannot be defeated.))

((Bumpity BUMP, for bump's sake.))
Safiye (played by Kim)

(Please don't bump threads if you don't have anything new to add. Mross is currently deployed somewhere as I understand it, and his internet time is limited so his responses may be slow. I'm sure he misses playing with you in the meanwhile! :) )

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Equestrian Damnation (1x1)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus