Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Bloodhounds and Foxes (Closed)

Kiri Tadis (played anonymously)

Quote:
This RP is for KingofHaddock and virusghost18. It contains violence and some mild profanity.

Dako Escala was not a terrifying man. In fact, he was not a man at all. He was a three-foot tall, batlike creature known as a Kerrik. With a high and squeaky voice, the strength of watered-down tea, and a polite, friendly personality, he was not the sort of person you'd expect to be a serial killer.

Which was, of course, exactly who he was.

Kiri and Yale had been chasing this particular brand of scum for almost two weeks. It was infuriating: Somehow, every time they got close to catching him, he would escape, and another corpse would show up. Kiri felt horrible about it. Each of these deaths were on her hand, chalked down to her failure to catch a simple criminal. She fumed as she sat in a small bar on a small town on a colony planet outside of Quann.

"Just drop the bounty," Yale said. "He kills every time we try to get him."

"Quitting is exactly what this chorpin wants us to do." Kiri growled. "If we don't catch him, you think he's going to stop murdering people?"

"Well, sitting in a bar crying into a bottle isn't going to fix it."

"I'm not drunk!" she said drunkenly. "Just pissed off."

"Right," Yale rolled his large, white eyes. "Whatever. Let's just go home. Our contact isn't coming." That morning, they had received a mysterious communication from someone who said they had information that could help the bounty hunters catch Escala. However, it seemed they had been stood up. It was half-an-hour past the meeting time, with no luck.

Kiri sighed, glancing over at her partner. Yale, a canine-like creature called a Farbian, had a nasty habit of caring more about the money involved in each case than the criminal. He always wanted to chase the high-profile cases, which was how they had ended up on the trail of a serial killer in the first place. However, now it was taking an excessively long time to catch the man, and Yale was starting to doubt it was worth their time.

"Fine. We go home." Kiri muttered, downing the last of her drink and tossing a few credits onto the counter. "This place is trash, anyway." The bartender glared at her as she left.

--==[[||]]==--

About six miles away, a reptilian creature was strapped to a chair in a dark, run down room. There was a gag in his mouth, but he was able to work it loose while he tried to remember what had happened. Xiara had acquired some information on the criminal, Dako, and had been on his way to a team of hounds on his trail. Then... something had hit him? He was still fuzzy from waking up.

"Ah, you're up." A polite but annoyingly high-pitched voice startled Xiara. "I was beginning to think I'd hit you too hard." The speaker stepped into his view; He was a gigantic bat, complete with wings and oversized ears. He smiled amicably.

"Where... where am I?" Xiara's semi-conscious mind, after some thought, connected his kidnapper with the name "Dako."

Oh no.

"Ah, questions." Dako frowned. "See, I don't like questions. Not when other people ask them. All the 'where am I?'s and 'why are you doing this?'s? They get old. Always the same questions. Nobody's original anymore. I mean, once or twice I've gotten the self-righteous 'who are you to decide who lives and dies?' but usually everyone's too busy pissing themselves hard enough to erode the floor."

"...What?" Xiara was beginning to recover the last shreds of lucidity that he had lost from being whacked over the head, but most of what Dako had just said was next to incomprehensible.

"Never mind, it's not important. God forbid I should be permitted some enjoyment out of my work." Dako's voice didn't lose its friendly tone. "Honestly, everyone's the same. Dangle a man over the volcano..." He stared into space for a moment, then suddenly looked back at Xiara. "I was drifting off again, wasn't I? I digress. You are here. I am here. I have a knife. You are tied down. This is the way of things."

And indeed, it was the way of things, at the moment. It didn't seem like anybody was coming to help Xiara any time soon. Of course, he could be wrong...
Xiara (played by KingofHaddock)

Xiara had no time to recuperate from his forced slumber, the agitating voice of his little hairy creature attacker have woken any being almost instantly. As he woke, he began to realize that he was unable to maneuver his arms and legs, as well as being too concussed to understand why. His helmet had been removed, which he could confirm after he loosened the gag using his severed mouth. Xiara then took a small gaze at his attacker, and it was quite surprising how this little thing had managed to knock him unconscious, let alone threaten to take his life.

The recuperation had fueled his panic, but after Xiara was finally able to make sense of things, he realized that there was little he could now to aid himself in escape, the tight grip that bound Xiara refused to surrender. He knew that escape was hopeless, but it would take much more than this to make Xiara beg for his life. His only response to this creature was a cold stare, and a sudden lack of struggling to release himself. There was nothing else he could do, but Xiara had been in many experiences that threatened his life. He'd make sure that this deceptive looking rodent had no satisfaction in what plans the bat had for Xiara.
Varian (played by Virus)

((Go on without me for now, I got a lot of things to do before I move here in the next few days. I'll try to get on this weekend!!! Sorry!!!))
Kiri Tadis (played anonymously) Topic Starter

((Ah, thats problematic. Varian is supposed to rescue Xiara. Xiara, if you want to get the ball rolling before Varian gets back, you can contrive some way to free yourself. Otherwise, we'll just wait.))

((Don't mean to keep the RP stagnant, but I think it's best that I wait for Varian to take action so that I don't end up getting myself carried away. :D))
Varian (played by Virus)

((Okay I have rewritten about 3 times now and still don't know how I should enter Varian. Are you guys looking for anything in particular? I'm kind of partial to having him just walk in and having the wrong address to a party on the other side of town.))

((Actually, that sounds fun. Do that))

((Ha!))

((Soo.... is this dead?))

((I would hope not.))
Varian (played by Virus)

((I'm sorry, it would probably be best to carry on without me. I'm going to have to drop out.))
(I know this RP is labeled closed, but I'm very intrigued by it and would be more than happy to contribute to it!)

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Bloodhounds and Foxes (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus