Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » The Synchronization Project (LF more peo (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

In the world I built, each character has something called sync energy. It's basically magic, but its unique to each person. It can assist every individual differently, perhaps with their wits, or maybe their power?

Everyone has it to a certain degree, which is measured in two different ways.

The first is the energy degree, which will always range from one to one hundred, except if one pushes too hard, which will ultimately cause the user to get hurt in some way, be it mentally or physically. The other exception is if someone is damaged emotionally so badly that their energy shall disappear until someone can help them return it. This will usually be a lover or a friend. It can take years to fix this.

Anyone with an energy degree of ten and under is considered unusual, mostly because many of these people have a hard time connecting with others and tend to keep to themselves.

The second way it is measured is by energy level. The energy level is infinite, and moves up as one gains experience and power. The ability to level up is influenced by the degree of the energy. The higher the energy, the easier it is for one the level up.

Children are born every four years, when the energy is high enough for it to be done. From there, each child is sent away from their parents and put into a group of two to six children, who are raised by an esteemed member of society. This takes place in what would be America.

From there, they are put in schooling systems, which allows each child to explore the various areas of study. When they are fourteen, children pick a school of Scholars, Combatants, or Arts. Here, they will live with a roommate, most likely someone from the group they were raised in.

There are various kinds of people, those who can talk to and transform into a certain group of animals, warriors, scholars, artisans... all assisted by this synchronization energy.

This world is ruled by royalty, where each country has a royal family that elects a new ruler every time the last one passes. The world is currently ruled by the tyrant Russian king, Peter Cryroch. His four sons will be brought up constantly, with his heir being a main character.

Who are you in this alternate world?

((PM please because I'll be playing multiple characters))
Jules Topic Starter

This May or may not become a group at one point.
Either way I'd be excited to join it :3
Can I join
Jules Topic Starter

Here are some roles to consider! There are more, and this will be added to!

Elementalists- Those who can control wind, water, fire, or earth. They'll need a lot of training, and typically end up in combat, especially the fire elementalists.

Emotionalists- Those who can control other's emotions. A rather difficult power to manipulate, they tend to end up in Arts, but also double in combat for assistance to distract the enemy.

Tamers- Those who can bond with animals. Each Tamer has an affinity for a different kind of animal, if not so, a whole group as their powers expand. These guys are decently spread out among the three schools.

Intoxicators- Those who can control the poison that flows through their veins. They always end up in combat, with a few here and there going to Scholars to enhance their understanding of their various poisons that develop as their level goes up.

Healers- Self-explanatory. Always end up in Combat or Scholars.

Illusionists- Self-explanatory. Tend to end up in Combat or Arts.

Recorders- This is a rare role, and reserved for a few characters. I put it here so people could understand it, even though it's not open at the moment. A recorder is someone who knows the memories of major historical events and other important things. They will always end up in Scholars.

Sync Divers- Another rare role that is not open. Sync Divers are those who have the gift of helping those who do not have a sync degree or have a low one raise it. They themselves have high sync degrees. They are equally distributed throughout the schools.

Assassins- Self-explanatory. Combat.

Holy Guard
Can their be a gunslinger class type?
Yeah that sounds like an interesting concept.
Jules Topic Starter

I don't see why not. There are so many sub-roles of combatnts, anyway.
But yeah, would Jenny have her shapeshifting restricted or what?
Jules Topic Starter

Until she gets stronger, yes.
Okay. How would sheb e outed as a Changeling? Atleast how would she find out?
Jules Topic Starter

They do DNA tests in the beginning. Sketch, you can reply to the prompt in our PC. It'll get things moving.
PC? What do you mean?

Edit I was thinking more of a way for her to find out on her own time. Hence the changeling traits coming through. Maybe have the guys in charge keep the DNA test to themselves?
Jules Topic Starter

I think we can discuss this as the RP go on. Also, PC means private chat. The lengthy paragraphs that I sent you is the starter. Allow her to join a school and we can work from there.
Okay, when do you think you'll be getting out the thread itself?

EDIT: I also don't really know how i'd respond to the intro paragraph you put.
Jules Topic Starter

When everyone I have now gets to the point in the RP where I need to get them to. I won't start the thread until a bit of PM RP is done between myself and everybody participating. I need to get everyone to a certain point.
Aright, well I've sent my response
im lost fill me in!
Jules Topic Starter

RoyaleX318 wrote:
im lost fill me in!

PM please!

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » The Synchronization Project (LF more peo (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus