Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » *fanfare* Brand new to the site!

'Sup. :) Looking forward to many rp's! Anyone have any suggestions on where to find premade character templates? (The text kind, not the layout kind)
Welcome to RPR! I am not sure what you mean by pre-made character templates...most people around here create their own characters? If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask, we're all super friendly around here and happy to help new people!
Colton Wade Pierce (played by RainOnUtopia) Topic Starter

Loki wrote:
Welcome to RPR! I am not sure what you mean by pre-made character templates...most people around here create their own characters? If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask, we're all super friendly around here and happy to help new people!

Thank you! Ah, no, not premade characters themselves, like... blank character sheets that can be filled out by ones own character information. I'm terrible at organizing information.
Welcome!

When you're building a character, the creation wizard and the setup of many of the widgets should offer a little help in how to go about things. There is a HUGE variety of ways you can do it though, from simple things like stripped-down basics I use for most on my Misc profile, to massive things that get into details like family tree, favorite foods, etc. The more details in a template though, the more that will also be irrelevant to your needs.

Just Googling (did you know they hate that, by the way?) should turn up a lot of writers resources. You can also just run through characters already posted here to see what sorts of bits might be good for you to include. :) And if you think of more you want to add to your character, you can edit it on later on (though try to avoid major changes without at least letting current partners know).

You are on: Forums » Introductions » *fanfare* Brand new to the site!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus