Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » (Closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

http://www.rprepository.com/community/forumthread.php?t=13505

This is the RP thread in the forum. the position of Watson has been filled. So, sorry all other Watson type people. You are still free to join in as others people that are not Watson. We don't have a Moriarty or Lestrade yet, or a Mrs. Hudson.

The woman lives on a street named, Baker Street. For reasons unknown the she goes about her day to day life pretending to be Sherlock Holmes. This doesn't usually involve solving crimes as much as it does dressing in stereotypical Sherlock Holmes outfits and calling herself Sherlock Holmes. 'Holmes' is always on the look out for a 'Dr. John Watson' whoever he may end up being. One day a doctor is sent to visit the crazy woman. When she sees him she calls him 'Watson'.

----

This will be a very silly RP with at least 2 characters more if others will to join in. The woman I'm playing thinks she is Sherlock Holmes, though she has a odd idea of how to be Sherlock.

This is an idea I've had for a while, but it got shoved to the back of my mind until I read a web comic called 'Romantically Apocalypse' which has several crazy silly characters in it doing crazy stuff.

So I'm looking for one person to play Watson and maybe other characters or alternatley two people. One would be Watson and some others and the other would be some other additonal characters of their choosing.

No matter the character's real names my character would very likely rename them different things because she sees the world through crazy eyes.

--- quick stats ---

The crazy lady who thinks she's Sherlock Holmes does not normally solve mysteries. At best she'll dress up and do whatever.

She has brown hair and eyes. She's 5' 7" and weight about 140 lbs should that ever be important to know.
She dresses in the closest modern equivalent to Victorian or Edwardian men's clothes. So lots of long trench coats and deerstalker hats. She has a pipe but doesn't smoke. She may hold it or clench the stem in her teeth from time to time, usually she just keeps it in a pocket out of sight.
Sounds like a unique idea XD but I'm not too versed in the lore of Detective Holmes. I know Moriarity is a character....... I think... But I wouldn't mind hoping on board either way
Petsite and Fan Characters (played by Ms_Draca) Topic Starter

The RP wont be focusing too much on the Sherlock Holmes stories.

The only parts I can think of meantioning that may be important are:

Dr. John Watson, former solider becomes roommates with a strange man named Sherlock Holmes who is a detective.

Watson and Holmes are partners working together. Watson has an old injury in either his leg or shoulder (the stories didn't seem to think it important to keep the injury in the same place).

Watson owned a gun and was a better shot then Holmes.

Lestrade was a policemen or something. Sometimes he worked with Holmes, sometimes against him.

Irene Adler was a woman in one story that fans often pair with Holmes romantically though the stories don't pair Holmes with anyone.

Professor James Moriarty is Holmes rival and a main villain in the stories.

My character in the RP isn't super knowledgeable about Sherlock Holmes so don't worry about knowing all about the real Sherlock Holmes.

There may be references to the stories but it's okay if you don't get them. When my character names others she often names them after characters from the stories.

I figure if you don't know much about Sherlock Holmes then my character will just seem more crazy to you which is fine.
Aright XD So which characters would you prefer to be filled out first with?

Well any Holmes is not complete without a Watson. I figure my character has been trying to acquire a 'Watson' by addressing random passersby as 'Watson' and trying to rope them into join her weirdness. One idea is a real doctor is sent to her for some reason and he becomes 'Watson', but if you have another idea for 'Watson' that's fine.

As for other characters it figured it would be a bit random who the crazy lady picks to be which one.

Suggestions are welcome.
Well I certainly think it would be funny to pick someone up off the streets, but I also like the idea of a psychologist going to visit her to figure out was wrong and then become watson.

You can play multiple characters if you like. A doctor and a random person. Whichever you prefer.

Though a doctor would have more reason to stick around than a random guy off the street.
Yup. I think I'll use both, a Doctor and a random person off the street.

Okay. Do you want to RP through PM or in the forum?

Also do you want this to be a 1x1 or open to others. I haven't had much luck with group RPs on here so far, but we could leave the option open for others to join anyway.
I would definitely prefer Forum posting. But I don't care whether or not it should be open or 1x1. I'd also need to get "watson" added to my niche characters list.

Forum it is then. Here's my starting post.

http://www.rprepository.com/community/forumthread.php?t=13505

My next post will be a bit delayed as I have some stuff I need to do at the moment.

I figure Watson would be not really named Watson and would fall under original character since my character isn't really Holmes and so forth.
Alright. I'll get the profile up on the sheet and then start posting.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus