Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Armiger's Tech Shop (closed)

Peter Armiger (played anonymously)

Taylor wiped down the glass counter with an old rag. He inspected the clarity of the glass, then sprayed it with a leaning solution and wiped it down again. The shop was full of uncommon parts he had salvaged from the scrap yard before moving to the city. He had since set up shop in a dark corner of the massive city in an attempt to make a living off of his store.

Business was slow lately, as his more rare items were already sold. Of course, he never informed anybody he was the owner. Not many wished to barter with a seventeen year old over expensive items. Instead he usually told customers the owner was out but he could help them. Waiting by he counter Taylor let out a sigh. He needed to find something new to draw business. He picked a coin out of the register and fiddled with it.
Archer (played by AshAngg2000)

Archer walked out from the back room carrying a box. "Hey Taylor, what do you want me to do with this?" he asked, holding up the box for Taylor to see as he walked over.
The Willow Family (played by 0V3RL0RD-P4RR0T)

Jenny had just arrived in the form of a bird. She seemed to have trouble flying as her presence was announced by a thud on one of the shops windows. She returned to normal rubbing her head. "Ow.... why does flying as anything have to be so hard?"She grumbled to herself walking into to the shop.
Peter Armiger (played anonymously) Topic Starter

Taylor was called back from the depths of a wandering mind as he was called for. "What? Ah, those..." he said as he leaned over to see what they were. Small power core shells. "Put those... in the back corner shelf over there," he told the apprentice. He found it odd having an apprentice when he himself was still a boy. However, he wouldn't turn down the extra hand, and Taylor hoped he would eventually earn enough money to start paying him as an employee.

His attention was turned to the opposite side of the shop as something collided with the shop window. He stayed rooted in his spot until he realized who it was. Jenny's voice reached Taylor's ears and he hurried over to where she entered. "Are you alright?" He asked, slightly worried about the collision she just had. "You know window's aren't meant to be passed through right?" He smiled and took a step back.

"Uh, y-yeah I'm fine. I just have a hard time flying..."Jenny said rubbing her head. She didn't seem to be able to fly with out soaring into anything, all the other birds must've been laughing at her in their native squawking. "So what's going on today?"Jenny asked.

Archer put the box on the back corner shelf and pulled out one of the cores as a display before walking over to the others. "I'm bringing stock out from the back." he said, before quickly going back to get another box.

"Fun" Jenny said. "Oh I recently heard from my friend Claire that there was some kind of crystal structures near by. They aren't too big and could be stored on a shelf easily. She also said that they gave off some kind of magic property, she didn't know specifically what but, would you be interested in going and getting some to sell?"Jenny asked.

Taylor thought for a moment. "How close is it? If it's not too far away we can get it without a problem, otherwise we have to find somebody to run the shop while we're away." Taylor looked at Archer carrying the box. "And I'd rather not leave the apprentice behind to watch it himself. He'd probably be better helping us recover something. Anyway, what sort of crystal is it, or is that all you know of it?" If it was close Taylor decided they could just close the store for a couple days as they went and got it, it would have to be worth it of course.

"Yeah it's close. Not sure exactly how close but it's to the north east of town."Jenny said. "And I have no clue what kind of crystal it is. Hopefully it'll be worth something."Jenny said. "I think it's worth going on a short hike"She added,

"Are we going on a hike?" Archer asked as he came back out, carrying another box. "I want to go on a hike now... Also, what should I do with this box?" He brought the box over.

Jenny shrugged. "Hopefully, we might be able to get some more customers then"Jenny said with a shrug.

"I meant hike as in trek," Taylor explained. He looked at the contents of the box, copper wires. "Put those somewhere out of the way in the back room, those are to be smelted and sold. He walked to spot behind the cashier counter and changed from his every day shoes to a pair of boots he kept handy for expeditions. "Any who, Jenny, do you think you could lead us there?" Standing back up, Taylor grabbed a backpack from behind the cashier counter and a wristband computer device from a small drawer. "If so, start leading the way, we will follow."

Jenny nodded opening the door to the store and heading outside. "Uh..... I might need to get a clear look to be sure we're going in the right direction."Jenny said shrinking down into a bird and taking off. After a few moments she returned. "Yeah, we need to go that way."Jenny said pointing in the direction of the Crystals.

Archer came out from the back, a small quiver on his back. He put his bow around his shoulders and walked outside, ready to follow.

Taylor's fingers danced across the small screen that was projected from his wristband device. "Alright... setting coordinates for... that way," he spoke slow as he typed, but looked up and gave a joking smile. "Alright, I set coordinates for a general area outside the city limits, the direction you pointed. This junk on my wrist isn't the best, but it'll get us wherever we need to go." He motioned for Archer to follow. "And we're off."

The temperature just warm enough for short sleeves. A soft wind blew clean air from the mountain down into the polluted city. Taylor smiled to himself at the adventure to come on such a beautiful day. He looked behind him to his apprentice, "if you're with us long enough, I'll have to talk Jenny into us having you as a paid employee. Do well with a few adventures and you're chances are pretty good." He spoke as he walked down almost never-ending staircases to the bottom of the city. From there he spotted sunlight shining from the city edge and walked towards it.

Jenny followed after Taylor. "So, how much do you think those crystals would sell for?" Jenny asked. "Also where did you get that?"Jenny asked indicating the wrist mounted computer, having never seen any in the shops.

Archer followed the two, nodding at what Taylor said. He was eager to see the crystals, wanting to see what they looked like. He was so eager, he ran ahead and starting to jump off stuff.

Taylor eyed Archer's rambunctious activities ahead of him. He shook his head and turned his attention to Jenny. "I have no idea what price to put on it, I'll have to see it first. We won't even know what it does until we find it." Sunlight cut him short as he stepped into the open air, the layers of buildings no longer over them. "Welcome to the wasteland," Taylor said as he shielded his eyes from the sun. He walked slowly until his eyes adjusted. "Anyway, where were we? The bracelet?" He held up his left arm to show it off, a faint blew light illuminated its edges, almost going unnoticed in the light. "It was a departing gift from one of the kids from the scrap yard where I'm from. She was a genius and loved tinkering with things, so she fixed me up this in return for a promise to send some money back to them when I have the chance."

"Well that was nice of her."Jenny said looking at the device. She wouldn't have been able to make the device even if she wanted to, and hoped she'd be able to find a retail version or something similar in the future. Like her older brother she always liked the idea of having a useful computer strapped to her arm. "So how many of those crystals should we bring with us back to the shop?"Jenny asked.

"TAKE ALL THE CRYSTALS!" Archer shouted out jokingly as he started doing flips. Everything they came across, he jumped and flipped off of it.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Armiger's Tech Shop (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus