Skip to main content

Forums » Help » Payment options besides Paypal and credit cards

So I want to purchase more character slots, but I don't do on-line transactions. Is there any other way to throw money at the Repository? Someplace to send a money order, perhaps? I looked around the site a bit and didn't find anything even close to it, so I suspect the answer is "no", though I thought I'd ask to make sure.
Sanne Moderator

Someone who wanted to pay by cash asked a similar question:

http://www.rprepository.com/community/forumthread.php?t=12691

If you get in touch with her, you can see about working it out with her, but it's really not advisable to send payments through mail in any shape or form. I suggest you see if there's a friend or relative who uses a credit card/paypal and ask if they are willing to purchase it for you and you pay them back for that amount instead.

Hope you can work it out!
While it is still online transactions, if you don't have a credit or debit card, you can use a Vanilla visa gift card for the site. You can purchase them with a required ammount at stores and have just THAT money on the card. With that card you can purchase things on RPR. I had a similar problem, where I didn't do online purchases since I didnt have a credit/debit, but this works as one and it works just fine with no trail or lead to you if that is the problem.

In fact I just purchased 3 character pages this morning.
Kim Site Admin

We've never done money orders historically. I'd be willing to try it with a few people, but be aware they are INCREDIBLY slow.
Thylonicus Topic Starter

Wow, thanks for the swift replies. :)

I'd expect money order transactions to be slow; weeks, likely. The time it would have to take to get somewhere, then the time to process the order, so on and so on. So, that wouldn't bother me any. :)

Until then I might look into the pre-paid Visa idea. I'm rather hesitant about sending the money to a third-party I don't know, and I don't have friends or family who do on-line payments.

Thanks for the suggestions! :)
Rhygar wrote:
Wow, thanks for the swift replies. :)

I'd expect money order transactions to be slow; weeks, likely. The time it would have to take to get somewhere, then the time to process the order, so on and so on. So, that wouldn't bother me any. :)

Until then I might look into the pre-paid Visa idea. I'm rather hesitant about sending the money to a third-party I don't know, and I don't have friends or family who do on-line payments.

Thanks for the suggestions! :)

I know exactly how you feel. The prepaid visa stuff is great for other stuff too. works on Amazon as well. There is no billing that comes to you. It all starts and stops on the card. I am going to eventually get an actual debit card, but until then, this has been working amazingly for me. Goodluck!
Sanne Moderator

Rhygar wrote:

https://www.vanillavisa.com/faq.html

Check out their FAQ for information on how things work and what the fees are. :) I understand hesitance about online shopping, but this really is no different than swiping your card at a real life store's checkout, or exchanging a gift voucher for items and so forth, if it helps settle your unease! I'd personally be far more uneasy about a money order or similar forms of payment than this, to be honest. <.<

Whatever you choose, good luck and enjoy your loot!
Thylonicus Topic Starter

More quick replies! Wow, thank you. :D

You are on: Forums » Help » Payment options besides Paypal and credit cards

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus